What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

guruminga

Juniors
At the end of the day, Tahu's personal demons are in reality alot more important to deal with than our (fans) need to see Parra succeed. Us enjoying watching Parra is an escape from our own personal lives and a luxury wheras to Tahu it's a livelihood and when personal matters take over your livelihood, they need to be addressed.

Personally, I'd rather see Tahu be healed of his dramas and see a person carry on with life rather than worry about if Parra is going to fulfill my desire to see them succeed. Some things are alot more important in life than my own small desires.

I hope Tahu sorts himself out and I think Parra have done a great job in helping him out the best they can but there is so much they can do.

Nicely said Snooch

G

strider

Post Whore
At the end of the day, Tahu's personal demons are in reality alot more important to deal with than our (fans) need to see Parra succeed. Us enjoying watching Parra is an escape from our own personal lives and a luxury wheras to Tahu it's a livelihood and when personal matters take over your livelihood, they need to be addressed.

Personally, I'd rather see Tahu be healed of his dramas and see a person carry on with life rather than worry about if Parra is going to fulfill my desire to see them succeed. Some things are alot more important in life than my own small desires.

I hope Tahu sorts himself out and I think Parra have done a great job in helping him out the best they can but there is so much they can do.

:thumn:thumn

Gronk

Staff member
Quick decision likely on Tahu

• Stuart Honeysett, Rugby league
  • December 06, 2010 12:00AM

THE future of Timana Tahu could be decided as early as tomorrow.

Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney is set to decide whether to cut ties with the troubled Eels centre.
Tahu has been given time off by the Eels to sort out personal issues, but it is understood the club is keen to end the matter so it can get on with preparations for next season.
"I doubt he'll be here, but who knows?" an Eels insider said yesterday. "It's up to Steve, basically. We've been more than patient with him."
"It will be sorted out tomorrow or Tuesday. We'll know one way or the other."
The chances of Tahu wearing blue and gold next season appear even more remote following reports he has relocated his family to Newcastle.
It has been suggested he could commute and the Eels would be happy to work with him, but it is likely he will be released from next year's one-year deal.

Any hopes Tahu may have of rejoining the Knights appear slim, too, since the club has no room to move under the salary cap and he is considered a risk in his current state of mind.
The latest chapter completes a difficult year for Tahu. It began to unravel when he walked out of the NSW State of Origin team over racist remarks by assistant coach Andrew Johns.
Tahu is embroiled in a racial vilification after a teenager alleged the Eels centre called him a "black c. . ." at an indigenous carnival in October. The Human Rights Commission has intervened in the case and Tahu has indicated he will write to Chris Binge, his alleged victim.
The Eels centre has denied making the comment but the Binge family has maintained it wants nothing short of an apology to resolve the matter.
"The Human Rights Commission have been handling it and they're still going on with it," an NRL spokesman said.
The race row cost Tahu a place in next year's Indigenous All Stars game, and is believed to have been the catalyst for him asking for time off from the Eels.
In other news, former Canberra centre Joel Monaghan has found a new home in the English Super League, joining his brother Michael at Warrington.
Monaghan had been forced to leave the NRL after a photograph was posted on the internet of him involved in a lewd act with a teammate's dog during Mad Monday celebrations.
Monaghan had been linked with Castleford and Catalans, but the retirement of former Manly winger Chris Hicks paved the way for him to join the Wolves on a one-year deal.
"Joel is a player we have considered signing in the past and it's fair to say that the chance has come along sooner than expected, but we also feel that it is absolutely the right time to . . . support Joel and his brother Michael."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n-likely-on-tahu/story-e6frg7mf-1225966040259

Gronk

Staff member
Eels fish for new centre with Tahu to quit club

Greg Prichard

December 6, 2010
Timana%20Tahu-420x0.jpg
Moving on ... Timana Tahu. Photo: Getty Images

PARRAMATTA are searching worldwide for a centre to replace dual international Timana Tahu - and finding money for the right player won't be a problem.
The Eels are splitting with Tahu, who has been absent from training for two weeks. The star had hoped to be granted permission to remain away until February while he deals with personal issues. The Eels have been sympathetic in their dealings with Tahu but are compelled to move on. Sources expect confirmation today that he will no longer be with the Eels.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Tahu's exit will leave Parramatta's centre stocks low and the club has already begun looking for a quality replacement. Inquiries have been made in England's Super League, and if the right player became available from within the NRL the Eels would be interested.
If the Eels are unable to find a suitable player externally, the options within the club include players who have not played in the centres recently. They include wingers Luke Burt and Chris Walker, plus Ben Smith, who made his name as a centre before switching to the back row. Joel Reddy will continue to fill the other centre spot.
Parramatta have a promising young centre in Jacob Loko, who rose from playing in the SG Ball competition to the Toyota Cup last season, but he is still developing and the club would like to give him more time at under-20s level before introducing him to first grade. Jonathon Wright would have been the obvious replacement but he has signed with the Bulldogs.
The salary cap wouldn't be an issue if a star player was to present himself. The club was chasing former Manly halfback Matt Orford even while Tahu was expected to be at the club. Before that, the Eels were prepared to shell out huge money to try to snare Quade Cooper away from rugby union.
Tahu, who returned from union to league this year, had agreed to terms on a deal believed to be worth $300,000 with Parramatta for next year. It is understood that as an element of his exit there will be some payout involved.
Representative centre Willie Tonga has been linked with Parramatta recently, amid speculation that he wanted out of his contract with North Queensland. There will probably be further speculation about Tonga after Tahu departs, but Cowboys official Peter Parr said yesterday there was no way the club would let him go.
''Willie hasn't asked to get out of his contract,'' Parr said. ''I had a chat with him before he went on a break after playing in the Four Nations tournament, and there is no doubt he's been struggling with a few personal issues, but I feel that once he's had some time off and been able to re-energise himself he will be fine.
''He hasn't sought a release, and if for some reason he was to seek a release it would be something we would not even contemplate granting, particularly after what happened with Brent Tate.''
Tate, who played alongside Tonga in the Australian team during the Four Nations campaign, recently underwent a knee reconstruction after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in the final against New Zealand. He has signed for the Cowboys next year, but his debut for them will be significantly delayed by his rehabilitation.
Tahu's manager, Warwick Wright, did not return the Herald's call yesterday. Asked about Tahu, Eels chief executive Paul Osborne's only comment was that ''it will all be worked out in the next couple of days''.

-----8<-------
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...re-with-tahu-to-quit-club-20101205-18le2.html

^^^

Fingers crossed for mine. Finally cutting free the piece of ballast that Tahu has been pretty much since he has come back, with all the controversy and innuendo that has surrounded him

Parra Guru

Coach
I hope he gets a contract at Newcastle and can sort himself out. It would be a shame if he didn't play at all.

mrpwnd

Bench

What sort of 'personal demons' are these?
To me, it's just him taking offense to Joeys statements and him being accused of being racist to a kid and the media blowing up about it.
If he's actually 'traumatized' over those 2 stupid incidents then he's more of a soft c**k than I thought.

Skinner

Coach
What sort of 'personal demons' are these?
To me, it's just him taking offense to Joeys statements and him being accused of being racist to a kid and the media blowing up about it.
If he's actually 'traumatized' over those 2 stupid incidents then he's more of a soft c**k than I thought.

This

Tank30

Juniors
The sooner he is off our books and someone elses problem, the better. He was terrible last year and I didn't see any prospects for improvement next year. Good riddance.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I hope that sanity prevails and that the club realises that the current short term problems with Tahu do not out weigh the potential benefit of keeping him.

Given the loss of Inu and Wright, and the injury to Reddy, it does not make sense to sack Tahu at this point. Bearing in mind that Tahu is only on a one year deal there is actually very little lost in letting him take leave till January.

It would be a shame to lose a world class center just to make a redundant point about discipline and then to fail to sign anybody.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Where is the upside in this? Why are we weakening our playing strength without having any definite fallback options?

parra pete

Referee
IMO Timana Tahu will be a big, big, big loss for you blokes, bigger than Joel Monaghan was for us, but at least we'll have Joel Thompson back after missing most of the latter part of 2010 through injury.
PLUS there is Blake Ferguson and Drury Low ready to step up...,
You won't know what you had until it is gone....

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
IMO Timana Tahu will be a big big big loss for you blokes.

You can have him cheap, Raider Pete.

Not a huge loss IMO. We struggled to score points with him there, so we might as well plonk a rookie in middle.

I hope that sanity prevails and that the club realises that the current short term problems with Tahu do not out weigh the potential benefit of keeping him.

Given the loss of Inu and Wright, and the injury to Reddy, it does not make sense to sack Tahu at this point. Bearing in mind that Tahu is only on a one year deal there is actually very little lost in letting him take leave till January.

It would be a shame to lose a world class center just to make a redundant point about discipline and then to fail to sign anybody.
thats the thing though ARE his problems short term? what if the club signs him up to a two year deal then in the middle of the season he implodes

the decision might be taken out of the clubs hands anyway if the reports of his family moving back to newcastle are true