What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Draw

Didgi

I honestly think it's the only thing they can do.

Would have to be the Sunday 2pm game, the lights up there aren't up to broadcast standard. Plus Slater is from Innisfail which is only about 45 minutes down the road, so I think a decent crowd (for cairns) would show up. Barlow park is not that great but it will have to do..............

45 minutes is really pushing it :p Not sure what the figures are but I think the Storm have one of the bigger supporter groups up here. The trial up here sells out every year.

I noticed a few months ago that Richmond and the suns are playing games at an upgraded ground in Cairns. Any chance Barlow Park could get similar treatment?

It will be going through an upgrade, not sure the exact details though.

Springs

First Grade
They're just too busy with the Independant Commission which they are now 6 weeks late on. They still have to vote for the members of the committee to revise the team that chose the size of the paper that the final documentation of the establishment of the commissioner's suit prices will be printed on.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
They're just too busy with the Independant Commission which they are now 6 weeks late on. They still have to vote for the members of the committee to revise the team that chose the size of the paper that the final documentation of the establishment of the commissioner's suit prices will be printed on.

Really?? i thought they were still deliberating over who decides what font and size to use

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's anticipated that it will be this week...but who knows. Hopefully by Friday.

Timmah

Staff member
The clubs already know so I don't know why the delay in announcing it to the public.
The clubs know what they've requested... they won't get the list until it's publicly released.

The only thing I've seen is the STG/Suth Leader report about the R2 Saints/Sharks game and even then I'm not convinced it's 100% truthful.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

The 2010 Rugby League Annual released today shows the Manly v NZ game in Round 6 as the Bluetongue match, not the R21 Manly v Tigers one. Just that and R4 Souths v Manly listed as at Bluetongue. Most other venues are listed as predicted or confirmed in the thread in Game Day Spoilers.

Timmah

Staff member
Having looked at a few club websites, what I've nailed down is three games at Bluetongue:

R4 - Souths v Manly (scheduled already - Fri 1 Apr)
R6 - Roosters v Broncos (Apr 15-18)
R21 - Manly v Tigers (Jul 29-Aug 1)

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
R4 - Souths v Manly (scheduled already - Fri 1 Apr)
R6 - Roosters v Broncos (Apr 15-18)
R21 - Manly v Tigers (Jul 29-Aug 1)

Is the roosters broncos game confirmed? That's usually one of the roosters highest drawing matches at the SFS, seems strange they'd move it.
The other 2 matches should be close to sell outs though.

Timmah

Staff member
Normally they draw highly because it's Good Friday. Not so this year, so maybe they're moving it as a one off?