What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Eels Membership Thread

eels81236

Bench
So I wonder if all the members upset about this made their feelings known at the recent AGM, given we had the same complaints last year?

I really don't know, Fishy. Maybe they couldn't make it on a weeknight?
Or maybe they thought that there was a time and a place for everything and an AGM is not the time nor place for the discussion on the colour of a hat?
Maybe they were saving it for the regular members forums?

Last edited:
not only is my hat LEMON YELLOW but it has a stain on the peak. This pack this year is a massive step backwards from last year IMO. I'm going to post the hat back and ask for a Blue and GOLD cap not a LEMON YELLOW one.

beagle

Juniors
we got the same, didnt they order enough?

Renewing members, which I am, were told that the packs were to be delivered before christmas. Now it is in 21 days. If in fact they didn't order enough packs, that is digraceful. 2011 will be my 20th year as a season ticket holder. And now I have to wait another 3 weeks to receive below par merchandise. Good way to look after your loyal supporters, Parra.

beagle

Juniors
not only is my hat LEMON YELLOW but it has a stain on the peak. This pack this year is a massive step backwards from last year IMO. I'm going to post the hat back and ask for a Blue and GOLD cap not a LEMON YELLOW one.

I will go one better and rock up at the membership office with the lemon hat, give them a short history lesson about the current colours of Parramatta and start asking questions of the membership team.

fish eel

Immortal
The packs arrived after the AGM did they not?

Hence, I said

given we had the same complaints last year?

People bitched about this last year.

They also bitched about the cost of memberships.

eels81326 said:
Or maybe they thought that there was a time and a place for everything and an AGM is not the time nor place for the discussion on the colour of a hat?

If an AGM isnt the time and place to ask the CEO and President about the cost of memberships and quality of membership packs, when is?

We've become such an insular pack of whingers on this forum. The AGM was too hard to get to. This costs too much. Thats the wrong colour blah blah blah. Talk about broken records.

I will go one better and rock up at the membership office with the lemon hat, give them a short history lesson about the current colours of Parramatta and start asking questions of the membership team.
let me know how you go, after Xmas i will be sending my hat back to the membership and ask for a blue and Gold one. We are the blue and gold army not the blue and lemon army.

Jodeci

Bench
So I wonder if all the members upset about this made their feelings known at the recent AGM, given we had the same complaints last year?

The football club AGM has nothing to do with what's in our pack or the crappy contents we rec'd in it

Rogue.9

Juniors
Received my 2 tickets today, along with 2 vouchers for laser skirmish :roll: , 2 free games of bowling at AMF (not bad) and a letter saying the pack will be sent out within the next 21 days. After reading about the quality, or lack of quality merchandise, I'm not in a hurry to receive the packs. The lanyard for the season tickets maybe, but nothing else.
I got my tickets today and one of them had the wrong name on them.

sarahk

Juniors
Received my 2 tickets today, along with 2 vouchers for laser skirmish :roll: , 2 free games of bowling at AMF (not bad) and a letter saying the pack will be sent out within the next 21 days. After reading about the quality, or lack of quality merchandise, I'm not in a hurry to receive the packs. The lanyard for the season tickets maybe, but nothing else.

I feel cheated. I didnt get a laser skirmish ticket i only received a free game of bowling. :(

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Who the f**k would want any of that crap(even if it were good quality)anyway?

Scarf,bumper sticker,shoe bags,Hats,Key ring,who the f**k wants this crap? the only worthwhile Eels merchandise is a jersey.

Idiots.

strider

Post Whore
Hence, I said

People bitched about this last year.

They also bitched about the cost of memberships.

If an AGM isnt the time and place to ask the CEO and President about the cost of memberships and quality of membership packs, when is?

We've become such an insular pack of whingers on this forum. The AGM was too hard to get to. This costs too much. Thats the wrong colour blah blah blah. Talk about broken records.

oh ffs - have a whinge fishy

;-) :lol:

strider

Post Whore
I think the whole point about saying something at the Football CLub AGM is the confusion over whether that IS the right place to say anything ..... the FC don't run the NRL operation - do they have any involvement??? - is anyone gonna take note there?

I know there is an overlap of board members .... and yeah you get FC membership via the membership ..... but in all honesty it just seems like a bloody dog's breakfast of responsibility to me ...... I realise there are financial/legal/commercial/[whatever-the-f**k] reasons behind it, but it just seems whacked to me

Gronk

Staff member
I got an idea.

check-box.gif
No, I don't need another fkn cap. Just give me a $30 off.

Gronk

Staff member
I think the whole point about saying something at the Football CLub AGM is the confusion over whether that IS the right place to say anything ..... the FC don't run the NRL operation - do they have any involvement??? - is anyone gonna take note there?

I know there is an overlap of board members .... and yeah you get FC membership via the membership ..... but in all honesty it just seems like a bloody dog's breakfast of responsibility to me ...... I realise there are financial/legal/commercial/[whatever-the-f**k] reasons behind it, but it just seems whacked to me

Bingo. No wonder the let Kolc n Co on the Board without a fight. All they get is talk about is the juniors.

Didn't they promise to fix this ?

Delboy

First Grade
This must be Xmas, I agree with Fish, exactly my thoughts mate.

Whinge , but no action.