What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Eels Membership Thread

Suitman

Post Whore

I know, it's sad.
You'd think that the club trying to sell its memberships would at least get its colours accurate.
Memo to Club Eels...................... we are GOLD ffs, not canary yellow.
As much as I don't think the birdy yellow is that bad, I'd at least like you to have a decent look at your end product in future, - before you start flogging it off to people.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
I know, it's sad.
You'd think that the club trying to sell its memberships would at least get its colours accurate.
Memo to Club Eels...................... we are GOLD ffs, not canary yellow.
As much as I don't think the birdy yellow is that bad, I'd at least like you to have a decent look at your end product in future, - before you start flogging it off to people.

Suity

i find it quite surprising - cos the board has done this constant push for tradition, with the old style jersey, lots of stuff with past glory years and players, etc etc .... and then out comes the canary yellow caps - wtf?

i can only imagine it was some mixup, cos if someone within the club made that decision or decided to compromise for cost and risk losing members who think its crap, then thats pretty sh*t ...... my only other thought is that they intentionally put a rubbish cap in there so that ppl will feel compelled to go and buy a decent one instead and they are hoping they will buy it from their HQ shop and make a few more $s - which is fair sales/marketing tactics i guess - just a risk of losing ppl not interested in getting a bag of crap

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
i find it quite surprising - cos the board has done this constant push for tradition, with the old style jersey, lots of stuff with past glory years and players, etc etc .... and then out comes the canary yellow caps - wtf?

i can only imagine it was some mixup, cos if someone within the club made that decision or decided to compromise for cost and risk losing members who think its crap, then thats pretty sh*t ...... my only other thought is that they intentionally put a rubbish cap in there so that ppl will feel compelled to go and buy a decent one instead and they are hoping they will buy it from their HQ shop and make a few more $s - which is fair sales/marketing tactics i guess - just a risk of losing ppl not interested in getting a bag of crap

I'm no fashion guru, but any cap with predominantly yellow, gold, lemon etc as it's dominant colour is just bad. My eight year old son might wear his, but mine won't get a run. I'ts not gonna stop my membership, but go and have a look at NFL and College football online stuff to see how we rate. And don't get me started on the clothing merchandise.

mickdo

Coach
go and have a look at NFL and College football online stuff to see how we rate

Look, I'm certainly not going to defend the caps, they are shyte, but to compare us to the US is stupid. They have a massive customer base, and supporters in just about every country on the planet. You have to compare apples with apples.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Exactly right. Can't compare with the US.
They would have experts to get the colours correct. A very difficult task.

Eels Dude

Coach

I agree they're horrible. I think it's just a case of the club thinking "well all the member stuff was blue last year, so let's make them gold this year because nobody wants the exact same blue cap as last year"

born an eel

Bench
I agree they're horrible. I think it's just a case of the club thinking "well all the member stuff was blue last year, so let's make them canary yellow this year because nobody wants the exact same blue cap as last year"
I fixed your little mistake ;-)