What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season trivia

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Who is the most recent St George Club Life Member? And what year was he appointed?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
In 1993 St George beat Canterbury at Belmore Sports Ground. Who scored the final try for St George?

St. Linnane

First Grade
I know St. George Illawarra is 22 - Amos Roberts and Jamie Soward hold that record.

Can we have a clue? Was it scored in the days of 3 point tries or 4 point tries?

Brownie? I recall Wayne Bartrim made the huge 80 metre break to set it up

I am pretty sure it was coyney down the sideline from a scrumbase move from our 10m line. I remember bell scored twice, one off a bomb, and one in the corner, the penguin scored one pretty sure slicing through under the posts from 20 out, and then brownie through a dummy and scored to the side of the posts, i was not there coz i was sick that day, but i had it taped and memorised all the tries.

On a side note, at the cricket yesterday, i was listening to it on the radio and i heard the everywhere we go chant, reminded me of our army and i was subsituting their barmy and england for our dragon and st.george.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In all grades Wes Naiqama holds the record (Jersey Flegg) with 38 points in 2002.

St. Linnane

First Grade
In all grades Wes Naiqama holds the record (Jersey Flegg) with 38 points in 2002.

I think I was at that game. It was at North Sydney Oval on a Saturday afternoon. The first grade squad was in Townsville and the Swans were playing at the SCG that night.

Who holds the record for most tries in a match for St George and for Illawarra? What was the date/venue and the opponent of the game in which it occured?

St. Linnane

First Grade
St. George: Jack Lindwall, 6 tries, v Manly, Hurstville Oval, 3 May 1947

Illawarra: Alan McIndoe, 5 tries, v Gold Coast, Steelers Stadium, 4 May 1991

St. George Illawarra, 3 players, 4 tries:

Matt Cooper, v Penrith, WIN Stadium, 18 April 2004
Mark Gasnier, v Wests, Oki Jubilee, 20 June 2004
Brett Morris, v North Qld, Dairy Farmers, 9 May 2009

St. Linnane

First Grade
St. George: Jack Lindwall, 6 tries, v Manly, Hurstville Oval, 3 May 1947

Illawarra: Alan McIndoe, 5 tries, v Gold Coast, Steelers Stadium, 4 May 1991