What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 team

Panfas

Juniors
I'm going to get in early, this team has a bit of a mix focusing on attack! Feel free to rip my team to pieces :D

1. Michael Gordon
2. Brad Tighe
3. Timana Tahu
4. Michael Jennings
5. David Simmons
6. Nafe Seluini
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Luke Lewis
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Travis Burns
---------
14. Lachlan Coote
15. Sam McKendry
16. Nigel Plum
17. Michael Warrincy / Dayne Weston

Tahu & Tighe must be on the same side of the field with both Seluini & Kingston playing 80mins

Big Mick

Referee
I don't care any more. Season is over.

All I know is changes are needed...but we all know what that change will be...Adrian Purtell coming onto the bench.

Fibroman

First Grade
Our attack is woeful. The only time we can score is in the last 10 minutes when the other side has put the cue in the rack.

We have no set plays at all.

Elliott needs to sack himself immediately and give someone else a go.

I'd flick Kingston and Walsh. Both too slow. Maybe Burns into hooker and Seluini or Coote into half back?

defunk

Juniors
1.Gordon
2.Tighe
3.Jennings
4.Tahu
5.Simmons
6.Lewis
7.Burns
8.Grant
9.Kingston
10.Civoniceva
11.Waterhouse
12.Plum
13.Smith (If Fit)

14.Seijka - Come on in halves push Lewis into forwrad. Just think starting v Broncos on debut, big ask.
15.Seluini
16.McKendry
17.Weston

Matt Bell has got to go. Hasn't had a good game for us since Brisbane at Suncorp last yr.

Bob

Juniors
1.Gordon
2.Walker
3.Jennings
4.Tahu
5.Tighe
6.Coote
7.Burns
8.Petero
9.Kingston
10.Grant
11.Lewis
12.Plum
13.Fatiaki
14.Seluini
15.McKendry
16.Waterhouse (FRONT ROW ONLY and learn to hold onto the f**king ball)
17.Vaurasi

EzyG

Juniors
1.Gordon
2.Tighe
3.Lewis
4.Tahu
5.Jennings
6.Coote
7.Burns
8.Grant
9.Seluni
10.Petero
11.Y Gordon
12. Plum
13.Smith

14.Waterhouse
15.Fatiaki
16.Weston
17.Kingston

maple_69

Bench
1. Gordon- best player best position, do not move him
2. Walker- deserves a crack, should have got a cap last year
3. Jennings- he is going terrible but still looks dangerous, matter of time
4. Tahu
5. Tighe
6. Coote- too good to be in reggies, need to try something in the halves
7. Walsh- not a long term option, but sign gower so i can change this..
8. Grant
9. Kingston- less minutes, Seluini has been a revelation and needs more game time
10. Civ- has been outstanding the last month
11. Smith
12. Lewis- same as sheens played him in the four nations
13. Burns- doesnt deserve to be dropped, i dont see it as a long term option but we need to try things now

14. Seluini- more minutes, second most dangerous player on the field atm
15. Mckendry- let the guy offload
16. Waterhouse
17. Vaurasi/Sene Lefao- Fatiaki has been good and will be back but these guys deserve a crack

The OX

Juniors
Nah, your hooker, half, 5/8, fullback and backline MSUT be 80 minute players and only replaced due to injury.

This crap of having three hookers on the named team is lunacy.

mxlegend99

Referee
Need some massive changes. I wouldn't mind seeing:

1. Michael Gordon
Best player we've had since he moved to fullback last year - extremely consistent and is our only constantly dangerous player. Must stay at fullback and only be moved if it's needed mid-game.

2. Michael Jennings
Looks dangerous at times but between poor service from his halves and poor discipline himself he's struggling. Throw him on the left wing outside of Tahu where he might actually have some room to use his pace and footwork. Moving Tighe from centre to wing against the Warriors improved his attack considerably (with Tahu at centre inside him), it might work for Jenko.

3. Timana Tahu
Was terrible when he first arrived but has quickly improved and is now looking pretty good. He's a better left side player then right and given he's better then Jenko at the moment I think he should play in the position where he's strongest.

4. Arauna Taumata
He has a strong running game, plenty of pace and couldn't possibly be worse / less consistent then our current centres have been. He played there for the Cowboys a bit and I would see how he goes for us.

5. Brad Tighe
Finally made over 100m after being moved to the right wing. I'd leave him there and see if he can build from that game. If not then we look at bringing back Simmons or Earl.

6. Travis Burns
While he's not the most creative player in the team, he adds a lot to our defence and in attack he atleast tries to mix things up a bit. With most of our other halves options being defensive liabilities through either size or inexperience, it's another reason to keep him over Walsh.

7. Lachlan Coote
Too skillful not to be in the team. Not good enough for fullback. The most logical solution is to move him to the halves. With Luke Walsh being small and weak in defence, being one dimensional in in attack, a poor passing game, no running game and a kicking game that relies on Coote to make it look good.

Coote isn't afraid to run the ball or put his body on the line in tackles. He's probably the most creative player at the club and wouldn't be so predictable in attack. He has a nice long kicking game on him and i'm sure with a bit of work could get an all round kicking game. He has a decent passing game and couldn't possibly provide worse delivery then Walsh has.

I know it's a huge call for him to move to half, and that many will disagree with it. But I can't see him doing any worse then Walsh... I can see him offering a lot that Walsh doesn't though and eventually being a far more consistent and reliable half.

8. Tim Grant
Has been playing reasonably well this year and is always putting in 100%. Our prop rotation is the only area where we don't have room for improvement.

9. Kevin Kingston
Has been down on last years form, but I would still use him to start games. But I would gradually lower his involvement in games and increase Nafe Seluini to the point of playing huge minutes and possibly starting.

10. Petero Civoniceva
Puts in 100% and gets through a huge workload. I would move him to the bench around the Origin period and lower his game time to hopefully keep him going strong all year. At his age we can't keep making him do so much work each week ontop of playing for Australia in our bye weekend and QLD a few weeks later.

11. Luke Lewis (c)
Move him to left second row. Him, Tahu and Jennings on the left side working together could single handedly destroy teams regardless of the halves. They're all players who attract multiple defenders and could create space for each other.

12. Nigel Plum
He has been solid without being spectacular on the right side of the field. Puts on some decent hits and with our lack of depth in the second row he pretty much picks himself.

13. Nathan Smith
Will get through a mountain of work in defence and last year had shown signs of offering something in attack. With him and Lewis in the backrow I would look at getting 80 minutes out of both of them.

14. Nafe Seluini
This guy is amazing and by the end of the season should be our starting hooker. Unlike Masada Iosefa he's actually living up to his hype. Which is amazing considering he is playing in a team that has been pretty much awful since he arrived. Increase his minutes gradually till he's playing 60+ minutes a game. We need to lock this guy into a new contract ASAP.

15. Sam McKendry
Has been pretty average this season, but we all know what he's capable of and hopefully his form improves with the rest of the team. Maybe if he plays for NZ in the test match he'll fire up regardless of the rest of the team.

16. Matt Bell
Solid first grader - not a superstar but he does his job and doesn't let the team down. Unless we find another future International front rower like we did with Grant and McKendry, there's no better alternatives.

17. Trent Waterhouse
I would rotate him with Nigel Plum. Waterhouse tries really hard but just isn't the same player he used to be and IMO has gotten in the way of genuine attacking players. Our right second row wouldn't offer much in attack with them rotating, but it should help stiffen up the defence.

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
Given that Elliott had Luke Lewis playing half back a few years ago, it's not really that big a call to move Coote into the #7 or 6.

Seluini needs to be playing more minutes that Kingston in my opinion. Kingston is making lots of errors and doesn't offer all that much in attack, which is where we are falling down badly.

G.I.

Juniors
13. Nathan Smith
Will get through a mountain of work in defence and last year had shown signs of offering something in attack. With him and Lewis in the backrow I would look at getting 80 minutes out of both of them.

Will he be able to play a fulll game with his injury though?

And is he definitely back next game?

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm hoping the fact his date keeps getting pushed back means he'll be 100% when he does return. Not sure if he'll be back for the next game though. The date has been pushed a few times - so it's hard to put any faith in them now.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Walsh has to be dropped. He has the worst attitude of any of the Halfback currently in the NRL. We can't have a player like him lead our team around. Absolutely no commitment or effort from Walsh.

Put in anyone else Seijka, Coote, Lewis... I don't care just drop Walsh.

Latest posts