What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedge

Juniors
What about moltzen? He is under contract, however, with blair apparently joining the club they may need to make some space.
Also with Lui back and playing well, he is never going to see the #7 jersey barring injury.

Chipmunk

Coach
will SK last the 3 years? or will he realise what a mess he got into and leave before his time is up?

I think if Kearney can not sign some decent players and the Club languishes in the bottom 4 for the this and next season he wont have a choice about whether to leave or not.....

eels_fan

First Grade
'reddy' to leave

sounds like its more from his side - but you know how newspapers like to spin things

Captain BF

Juniors
What about moltzen? He is under contract, however, with blair apparently joining the club they may need to make some space.
Also with Lui back and playing well, he is never going to see the #7 jersey barring injury.
I was thinking the same thing the other day. Shame he has a contract though for next year. I can't see how Lui is better than Moltzen.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Rejection includes cap issues, opportunities not created for them, etc..

Gallen - they didn't think he would make it
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Yow Yeh
Tony Williams
Wolfman
Ashley Graham
Willie Tonga

these are just a few of many

James oconor (wallabies player) was also our junior

caylo

Bench
Nate Myles > Parramatta

That seriously does not make sense, the guy is a prop/backrower who plays through the middle like Hindy and Shak do, we need wide running backrowers.

I wouldnt say no though, good player.

With the expected loss of Reddy now we need another backrower and atleast 1 if not 2 halves plus atleast one outside back.

Currently our team look

1 Hayne
2 Burt
3 Loko
8 Mannah
9 MK
10 Poore
11 Hindmarsh
12 Matuia (assuming he finds form)

15 Shakelton
16 Fuifui

MrT

Juniors
That seriously does not make sense, the guy is a prop/backrower who plays through the middle like Hindy and Shak do, we need wide running backrowers.

With the expected loss of Reddy now we need another backrower and atleast 1 if not 2 halves plus atleast one outside back.

Currently our team look

1 Hayne
2 Burt
3 Loko
8 Mannah
9 MK
10 Poore
11 Hindmarsh

15 Shakelton
16 Fuifui

If they were the only players that took the field at Kograh, we would have done better. the others got in the way

Eels Dude

Coach

Currently our team look

1 Hayne
2 Burt
3 Loko
8 Mannah
9 MK
10 Poore
11 Hindmarsh

15 Shakelton
16 Fuifui

Just fill up those empty gaps with Billy Rogers... the ultimate utility who can play 6 positions at once.

caylo

Bench
Well in all honesty I think it is time to try something new, what can happen? our defense attack get worse... well its the worst already so i cant see the problem.

I seriously would try Murray in the 7 and MaGuire at 6 with Mitchell at 9 and Mortz off the bench to rotate at hooker. Then in a few weeks I would get Matuia in there, give OHanlan a chance off the bench and even try Jennings possibly on the wing and Filiga in the centres (if his body can hang in for a few matches in a row). If they struggle send them back but whats the worst that can happen, they will get better for the experience.

I would also consider throwing Barba a game or two off the bench later in the year, just give him a go at fullback mid match or even 5-8, hell Mortimers defense is non-existent out wide whats the difference.

caylo

Bench
If we have about 2million left in the cap I can't see why Q.Cooper can't be an option again with us offering about 500K from our cap and then him getting sponsorship he would be able to earn 700-800K a year. I understand history and everything associated here but if we were able to do a deal and then keep it under wraps until after the world cup it would be a massive scoop for both us and the NRL.

with 1.5mil remaining you could purchase two outside backs and two backrowers atleast plus maybe a few yougens.

Now i have never bought this idea that Cooper would take time to adapt to the NRL, he is a flyhalf and would do the same role. Cooper would find more space for him to run through the ruck but less space on the edges (because league plays a less compact defensive line compared to rugby) but in the end it would be very much the same.

If you had Cooper you would not need a dominative 5-8, someone like Humble could play a simple supportive role and act more like a link player.

Our main problems are

1) lack of any attacking prowess apart from Hayne
2) edge defence, I contribute most of this to a new defensive structure by Kearney and inexperienced flankers (both backrowers and centres).

#2 is a more simple fix, it will take time and training plus maybe the addition of a few more experienced edge players (eg Dwyer and Chambers)

#1 is a major problem because even the players on the open market, most are not overly creative. Even the ones that are creative are fairly untested (A.Kelly) and arnt genuine halfbacks anyway.

May be a pipe dream, but if I was in charge I would at least look into this and see if it was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.