What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrT

Juniors
Don't stop short on the unwanted Twizz - we got the youngsters too.

Actually, we could probably combine the 2 elements when it comes to our youngsters: we've managed to secure the 'unwanted youngsters'.

Whinge all you want guys - but there's nowhere really to turn. The 3 guys who we haven't yet tried (fried?) are O'Hanlon, Barba and Sio. Apart from that the rest of the NYC team is either (a) never going to make it or (b) yet to really prove they'd make an NYC team consistently let alone a FG side.

Current 'youngsters' in our FG team (under 24)

Allgood (22)
Hayne (23)
Lasalo (21)
Loko (18)
Mannah (23)
Morgan (20)
Mortimer (21)
Rogers (22)

Personally I think O'Hanlon isn't going to be 'all that' as a first grader. He's still NYC eligible next year, give him time to dominate at that level and add some meat to his bones.
Sio looks intriguing - probably the most likely of the lot
Barba will be the goods, but he's so tiny, needs some time to 'grow up' a little bit first.

So there's nobody in the NYC team to bring up as a 'youngster'. All the 'youngsters' who are an option are playing first grade on a weekly basis.

What the team needs is A HALFBACK WHO CAN STEER THEM AROUND AND SET UP TRIES.

Bummer we missed out on Sandow. Pre-season I had high hopes for Murray, but the whole betting scandal thing has set him back considerably - it's messing with his head and his footy at the moment.

I don't know who else there is to sign.... can we plead with Canberra to release Orford to us for this year and next? Honestly he CANNOT be worse than Robson and it'll give Murray/ Bruest a chance to develop in the lower grades and for us to look for another talented young half.

you were talking sense until you ended it with Orford. I'd rather Robson on $100k than Orford on $300k

zuke

Juniors
Time to watch the eels GF wins from the 80's as there won't be much to support for the next couple of years. Reminds me of those great eels sides of the 90's when we were competing with the Gold coast and cowboys for the wooden spoon. Congratulations to the previous recruitment and retention people at parra because they have truly turned a side with potential into a side not worthy of wearing that eels jersey. Absolute jokers.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
My theory is Kearney will look to the ESL now.

Also, I know people didn't rate him, but what ever happened to TK Amosa? And didn't Ben Falcone play in the trials? Hardly world-beaters, I know - but better options than Robbo and Morts...

Incidentally, how about the morale of Robson right about now. We flaunted the fact we were chasing Sandow for big bucks right in his face and that we may actually release him, and now he's expected to shrug it off and play...

It's going to be an interesting season.

I said in another thread the other day Thomas Leuluai was looking for a club to pick him up...

lewiscook

Juniors
I got a feelingg that even though Murray is supposedly not going to well for wentworthville that he could be like our Tim Smith in his Debut year.
Just a funny feeling, from what i have seen of Murray he looks and seems to play like a real footballer.

MikePatton

Juniors
If we were to be going after anyone in the ESL it should Rangi Chase. Knowing our luck though we'll probably be after Daniel Holdsworth or Scott Dureau.

Status
Not open for further replies.