What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Heighington is OUT!

b.bear

Juniors
Better option off the bench than schirnack and the like.

He should stay and accept reality,can't see him competing for first up positions at the panthers or the saints...

gordsy

Juniors
What is the obsession with size and the rubbish that you can't be a good forward unless you are huge. Look at guys like Gallen not the biggest guy but always makes metres and does a heap of tackles. Who is bigger Payten or Ruben Wiki , Steve Price. Who would you rather have playing in your teams front row.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
What is the obsession with size and the rubbish that you can't be a good forward unless you are huge. Look at guys like Gallen not the biggest guy but always makes metres and does a heap of tackles. Who is bigger Payten or Ruben Wiki , Steve Price. Who would you rather have playing in your teams front row.

Don't think it is about size at all. Gallen provides massive IMPACT, Heighington does not.

N.C.

Juniors

Um... As you are speaking hypothetically about a whole bunch of retired players, I will respond kind.

Ruben Wiki and Steve Price for the front-row, thanks. Payten to the back-row or the bench.

*edit*
After re-reading your post - are you working on the assumption that Payten is bigger than Wiki and Price? Because I'm not.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I This year he has again struggled for consistency.
I cant understand how you would think that Hawk, i think he has been one of out MOST consistent. So many games we have been struggling and things have happened on the back of his strong runs when everyone else in our pack is spent. Also i find it funny when supporters of other clubs watch us play their coments on Heighno are always very positive. My thought are sides need hard no nonsence club men like him... Just like Mark Oneill and David Brooks , they play week in and week out , hardly miss any games and always have a no bullshit mentality on and odd the field... Be a sad day for the club if he goes .

azsportza

Live Update Team
Reports now are circling that Wests Tigers Lock Chris Heighington is being targeted by English Rugby League Clubs Leeds Rhinos and Widnes Vikings for the 2012 Season. He is able to obtain an English Passport because of his mother.. This is terrible for the club if he leaves from next season, however he currently is contracted to the club for a further two season.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I cant understand how you would think that Hawk, i think he has been one of out MOST consistent. So many games we have been struggling and things have happened on the back of his strong runs when everyone else in our pack is spent. Also i find it funny when supporters of other clubs watch us play their coments on Heighno are always very positive. My thought are sides need hard no nonsence club men like him... Just like Mark Oneill and David Brooks , they play week in and week out , hardly miss any games and always have a no bullshit mentality on and odd the field... Be a sad day for the club if he goes .
I just think some weeks he looks a million bucks and others he looks a hundred. Don't remember him having a bad game this year, but he would be one of our higher paid players (I'd guess) and if that's the case he should be performing at a high level every week.

As I said, I think he peaked a couple years ago where he was in the top 5 / 10 backrowers in metres, off-loads, tackles, tackle breaks etc. He's still a good player and if paid accordingly, then we should keep him. If he's on top level coin then we should definitely think about moving him on.

Tigerm

First Grade
UK Super League clubs Leeds and Widnes are leading the race for the signature of Wests Tigers workhorse Chris Heighington.

Heighington qualifies for an English passport because of his mother and is an attractive option for the Pommy clubs who would not have to worry about a spot being taken up on their overseas quota.
Despite denials from Tigers officials, Heighington has been told he can sniff around for a deal overseas in 2012.
Heighington is hugely popular at the Tigers and one of the favourites among teammates at Concord.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...to-decide-future/story-e6frf3ou-1226083355060

the black v

Juniors
Hello fellow tigers supporters. This is my first post. I can't believe you guys talk about Heighington. He is still, by far, the most consistent tigers forward running on the field. He has been for the last four years. He makes the runs the others are too tired or to blugging to make. He is still a penitrating runner (if you haven't seen this then you must be watching different games to me). And finally, have a look at the stats to see.

tackles -439, metres - 1635, hit ups -226. He leads in all these for the club this year.

I'll like to see the superstars Sheens intends to bring in do this work.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Hello fellow tigers supporters. This is my first post. I can't believe you guys talk about Heighington. He is still, by far, the most consistent tigers forward running on the field. He has been for the last four years. He makes the runs the others are too tired or to blugging to make. He is still a penitrating runner (if you haven't seen this then you must be watching different games to me). And finally, have a look at the stats to see.

tackles -439, metres - 1635, hit ups -226. He leads in all these for the club this year.

I wouldn't say he's been that consistent. I'd actually say he's been up and down since 05. Been good this year, though. Will be down again next year, I'm sure. He's a role player. Dwyer or Fulton could do those numbers too if that was their role given by the coach. Good bench backrower IMO, nothing more.

Tigerm

First Grade

I think he is a good player & certainly not afraid to do the hard stuff, but IMO he gets stopped at the defensive line far to easily. He is just too small, for todays game, which is a shame.
Welcome aboard.

Fordy20

Juniors
I wouldn't say he's been that consistent. I'd actually say he's been up and down since 05. Been good this year, though. Will be down again next year, I'm sure. He's a role player. Dwyer or Fulton could do those numbers too if that was their role given by the coach. Good bench backrower IMO, nothing more.

I can't see Dwyer being as effective in defense and I can't see Fulton being as effective in attack. I don't see him as a bench player because you want impact from your bench and given Tigerm's statement about how often he's stopped at the defensive line, I don't see him providing that. I agree his a role player and he plays the role of third prop well.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Humphreys says in RLW says Heighinton is under contract until end of 2013. But he did say "If it was something he really wanted to do,then we could talk about it, but there is nothing there". Read into that whay you may.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope he goes to England and blitzes them and gets called up to play for England.

Its a very real possibility and it will show this club

macnaz

Staff member

Welcome to LU ... and secondly a great first post in which i happen to fully agree with :)