What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

emjaycee

Coach
The club has needed a permanent sports psychiatrist since 1987. We are famous with other clubs for being the most mentally piss weak club of them all. There are countless examples that demonstrate the constant choking and when you have had the same voice telling you to do the same thing for 11 years what do you expect?
We have tried a couple that I know of (I have a neighbour that used to do some work with the players back in the early 2010's).

emjaycee

Coach
Here’s a view, my son who had won Div 1 age comps as a coach, rang at half time and said. That Simmonson kick just before half time when he should have taken the tackle with Manly stuffed could be the turning point. On reflection. Spin the ball with 35 seconds to go, should be a try. Little things matter, not upset about the display given how poorly the second half was reffed, on to the Broncos.
I reckon that type of play, where we go for broke instead of playing percentages, when in the clear early on the tackle count is pretty consistent. See it in a lot of games. Probably worried that spinning the ball will just result in someone dropping it anyway.

JokerEel

Coach
Here’s a view, my son who had won Div 1 age comps as a coach, rang at half time and said. That Simmonson kick just before half time when he should have taken the tackle with Manly stuffed could be the turning point. On reflection. Spin the ball with 35 seconds to go, should be a try. Little things matter, not upset about the display given how poorly the second half was reffed, on to the Broncos.

Most times against us the other team scores from the kick we are just an unlucky club.........

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well either the current staff have to do something differently to what is not currently working or you need to find someone else who can do the job.
Also we don’t just keep “sacking merkins”. Brad Arthur is the longest serving coach we’ve ever had.
And has won more games than all the coaches in the previous 11 years combined.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we won’t get a double six by keeping the dice in our pocket.

Brad Arthur cannot do it - we know it. We have seen it over 11 years with a squad and systems that he developed
Maguire couldn't do it at Wests but he could at Souths. Cleary couldn't do it anywhere for 14 years but then he could at Penrith part 2. Bennett couldn't do it at Newcastle or Souths or Brisbane part 2, but he could at St George and Brisbane part 1. Ricky f**king Stuart won a premiership in his first year at Easts and has a duck egg in his next 470+ games at three other clubs.

Maybe there's factors other than coaching that decide if a team wins that elusive premiership.

JokerEel

Coach
Maguire couldn't do it at Wests but he could at Souths. Cleary couldn't do it anywhere for 14 years but then he could at Penrith part 2. Bennett couldn't do it at Newcastle or Souths or Brisbane part 2, but he could at St George and Brisbane part 1. Ricky f**king Stuart won a premiership in his first year at Easts and has a duck egg in his next 470+ games at three other clubs.

Maybe there's factors other than coaching that decide if a team wins that elusive premiership.

You know what all those coaches have in common?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Or pass it inside kicking it was downright stupidity I was shaking my head on the hill seeing it unfold with 40 seconds before halftime.

Eelogical

Referee
Here's the plan. I'll drive the Lada Niva down from Cairns and will wait for you at Dolphins oval. You steal Bennett from the training session while no-one is looking and then we'll stuff him in the back seat and drive him down to Parra Stadium. I'll bring the beers.
What about me? It isn't fair.

Soto

Bench
Or pass it inside kicking it was downright stupidity I was shaking my head on the hill seeing it unfold with 40 seconds before halftime.
💯. Matto had sprinted up and then Dylbro had come up alongside Matto. Pass to Matto and then to Dylbro and we score under the posts and go up 20-6 at halftime

Soto

Bench
Just on the suspensions...
The shit thing is we had 2 players in the bin, 1 on report and no suspensions yet they had 1 in the bin and 2 suspensions....clearly there is a problem with the system....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It doesn't work because we don't have a system where players can just come into the game instead of someone else and play a role, because everything we do is based purely and simply on the brilliance of the individual, and those individuals performing at their peak, rather than the team playing as a group as part of a system.
Individual brilliance is part of every team. It's why they buy those players. And no player is able to show individual brilliance without the team getting them into position to exploit weaknesses. Prior to this year we had no trouble making breaks or scoring tries. This year we do. The coaching hasn't changed.

Delboy

First Grade
The shit thing is we had 2 players in the bin, 1 on report and no suspensions yet they had 1 in the bin and 2 suspensions....clearly there is a problem with the system....
Question , the referee is well known for crowd influence, and Ashley “ I see nothing” Klein was video ref. Not the only decision that were farked, Turbo offside, etc etc. 8-0 penalties in second half, even if all were justified there were infringements from Manly ignored , that’s an issue .

Still should have won, yep why didn’t we ask the player that converted from the sideline more than once in rep grand finals to step up , just poor planning

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Our fitness is a concern for me, we look a tired team in the second half from a few games this year now.

Whoever is the fitness coach should be punted, they look mentally cooked in periods of the game and just basically give up. Canberra, Dolphins, last night the score wasnt as bad as the previous games mentioned but its the same old story just after half time. One try conceded and their heads go down. P1ss poor miss tackles, poor handling errors.

Ive never been so annoyed after a loss, especially against Manly who werent at their best and shouldve had two players in the bin but thats how the game goes.

golfer

Juniors
I know we folded in the second half but I reckon that Lane was a hairs breath away from a very serious injury and possibly worse. I reckon if the ref and bunker had some guts they would have sent the Manly player off for that tackle and if so a totally different game would have unfolded.

Latest posts