What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings and Crap IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyeel

Bench
You've missed the point again Boxy. Use and read the other site as much as you want, but there's no need to report stuff you read on there in this forum because if anyone is interested they'll go and look for themselves.
So there is no point anyone posting telegraph articles or anything either cause if anyone is interested they'll go look for themselves.:roll:
FFS, you dont like it, then don't read it!

El Diablo

Post Whore
RICCIO_twiitter_SMALL_copy_normal.gif

DaveRic1 David Riccio

T-Rex might have re-signed with Manly but rkn he'll still follow Des to Dogs. He signed for 2yrs, but he has get-out option at end of 2012.

:lol: @ Manly

Eels Dude

Coach
Did you see Strider's post? And what's the difference between reporting common knowledge or information published in leading papers or media sections or gathering information from the other site? If people don't like the other site for whatever reason or simply find it's layout difficult to understand, then there is no reason why people can't post rumours or details from the other site in a "rumour" thread.

Yeah fair enough. Just seems people get wind of something said on there and take it as gospel when in fact 99% of the time it's just someone making up bulls**t as a opposed to an actual rumour. I read Strider's post but I also read Caylo's post where he said the average age of people that post on there appear to be 16 year olds and I tend to agree from the few times I have visited that site.

Eels Dude

Coach
So there is no point anyone posting telegraph articles or anything either cause if anyone is interested they'll go look for themselves.:roll:
FFS, you dont like it, then don't read it!

As little credibility the Telegraph has, it at least has enough to warrant their articles being posted.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yeah fair enough. Just seems people get wind of something said on there and take it as gospel when in fact 99% of the time it's just someone making up bulls**t as a opposed to an actual rumour. I read Strider's post but I also read Caylo's post where he said the average age of people that post on there appear to be 16 year olds and I tend to agree from the few times I have visited that site.

Twizzle and Parra Pete push the average age through the roof here. Fkn old merkins.

caylo

Bench
So calling everyone on the other site idiots is subjective as well? Assuming they are unreliable, foolish or are fundamentally different from the users on this site simply because they use that site is as subjective and opinionated, and as you say, insignificant for that reason.
So....its "clearly not very well run" because every member has the freedom to post what they want? You areblaming the operators/moderators of a site because of the "crap" you read on there? You do realize you are basing your argument on a subjective opinion of what other people write? In jest or in seriousness, are you able to determine when a user on either site is doing so? How can you lecture me about subjective opinion and measuring it when you yourself describe them mostly as idiots?

Boxy you are a little slow? You have impeccable english but you were never very good at maths or science were you?

I have an opinion that the other site is not very well run, I think most of the stuff written there is garbage and humorous for most parts. The part about calling someone arrogant or to mean well is something you conjured up and to do a comparative study on it would be futile due to the underlying bias (P.S this is what I was replying to just to remind you)

By the way caylo, can you figure out the comparative percentage of arrogant tools in relation to well-meaning fools on either site? I think you will find the results to be enlightening and appropriate.

This site is better because it has boundaries and the people that allow the flow of information filter a lot of bull-sh*t out while we can still argue about dumb things like we are now. I find this site is more a community compared to the other site which looks more like a community which still uses lead pipes to transport water.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
FFS people they are a couple footy sights , we are not going into battle are we? lighten up for god sakes, Im sure 2 footy sights can live in harmonly LOL.

butch82

Juniors
The Telecrap said that his Kangaroo selection put him up to the $225/250k range. Where did you get $450k from ?

it says in the telegraph that manly shelled out $750,000 for williams to be lured out of parramatta for 3 years..so his price would go towards the $300,000 a season mark ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe he took a paycut because he loves Manly so much? And plus maybe playing for the Kangaroos is reward enough in itself?

Eels Dude

Coach
Reports at the time were when he initially signed with Manly it was for 150k a year over 3 years. Lets' remember they signed him before he'd even made his first grade debut so that would be considered overs at the time.

IFR33K

Coach
Reports at the time were when he initially signed with Manly it was for 150k a year over 3 years. Lets' remember they signed him before he'd even made his first grade debut so that would be considered overs at the time.

I spoke to tony at the time. He did sign for 150k, but not until after rd 13. He was waiting for hagan and the eels to put any decent offer on the table, but it never came. He did wanna stay with the eels thou.

Eels Dude

Coach
I spoke to tony at the time. He did sign for 150k, but not until after rd 13. He was waiting for hagan and the eels to put any decent offer on the table, but it never came. He did wanna stay with the eels thou.

His signing was announced by Manly well before round 13. Round 13 is the cut-off date for when the NRL register contracts. Up until that point the player's current club has the option of making a counter offer even if that player has 'agreed to terms' with another club. if that's what Tony said to you it makes sense, we probably did not have had enough salary cap space to up our offer to him which just poses more questions.

IFR33K

Coach
His signing was announced by Manly well before round 13. Round 13 is the cut-off date for when the NRL register contracts. Up until that point the player's current club has the option of making a counter offer even if that player has 'agreed to terms' with another club. if that's what Tony said to you it makes sense, we probably did not have had enough salary cap space to up our offer to him which just poses more questions.

Yes, he agreed to terms with manly, but is required to give the eels till rd 13

Eels Dude

Coach
Yes, he agreed to terms with manly, but is required to give the eels till rd 13

I know and it's the same for every player who wants to change clubs. It is interesting though hearing that... as Hagan and went on a rant accusing Manly of having their own salary cap after they signed him, when in reality we could have made a counter offer to keep him. Oh well, that's the way it goes these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts