What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 tickets

M2D2

Bench
the-golden-barley-hotel.jpg

golden_barley_bar_1.jpg
....Why the f**k do you want to go there? i spent every wedns & fri there for nearly 2 years after i finished tafe up the road. But its nowhere near Leichy.

newman

First Grade
....Why the f**k do you want to go there? i spent every wedns & fri there for nearly 2 years after i finished tafe up the road. But its nowhere near Leichy.

Great suburban Rugby League pub and reasonably central for the Sharks rock n roll supporters group (Newman, MillerLite, BadBoyBubby and the Mini Lemmie). No need to go near Leichhardt if we aint going to the game.

meltiger

First Grade
Did I say it smelt before? Well it positively reeks now. Too much melbourne is never a good thing for ones soul.
Obviously no idea about the game and it's supporters.

Has nothing to do with the AFL.

So would I, because its just me (and I wouldnt be real happy about paying that for the hill at Leichhardt). But if I had to take someone with me (wife, kid, girlfriend, whatever) there is no-way I would go. No way in the world. And I reckon many tigers supporters who are non members but wanted to attend the game would feel exactly the same way. This could blow up their faces.

GOLDEN BARLEY FTW

Doubt it.

Situation is this.

Club is offering $65 tickets today, that gaurentees you entry, without having to wait for the luck of the draw if (likely when) tickets go on sale to the gen public.

Every single personal on the planet has the choice to either buy this ticket, or chance it and wait to gamble on Monday.

There will likely be gen public tickets available on Monday, but if the club can blow away a few GA tickets for $65. Good on 'em.

Put the shoe on the other foot.

Would you buy a 1 game membership pass just to ensure you could get a ticket at a sharks game? Irrespective of the cost?

Would I spend $65 to attend Endeavour? Likely not no.

Um, it is actually. Not a tigers member? Cant go.

Not yet true. You can gaurentee yourself a seat today, by giving the Tigers $65.

The median house price in Sydney is 600k. a million dollar house isnt far above average. ask coupe.

haha,

If someone who lives in a property valued at over a mill bitches about $65 I will genuinely L.O.L.

& 600 to 1 mill is a significant jump mate.

Not at the expense of average, hard working supporters. Charging $65 to stand on the hill with Leichhardts basic facilities is cynical and plenty of tigers supporters arent happy about it.
Game will be sold out by kick off. Gaurenteed.

As for "average, hard working supporters". Lifes a bitch sometimes. I'd be considered one of them. But i don't have entitilement issues, recognising that sometimes, you just miss out if you can't afford something.

They could increase their revenue by sticking up banks too or engaging in email scams, why dont they do that?

Utter silliness.

Go f**k yourself, I WILL NOT BECOME A MEMBER OF YOUR CLUB.

No need for that dude. I'm not abusing you, or even having a crack at you in any way shape or form.

End of the day, I want my club to be a viable, entity going forward for the next 50-100 years. So yes, I'll support any scheme they put in place that helps make that occur.

Maybe the other dude is right and it is the fact I live in Melbourne. I'm a member of them, and they spam me constantly year in year out. I have no love for them, but signed up as a member to ensure I am able to attend any decent RL game played in Melbourne (I do attend their games as well though). I just don't see the issue. I despise the cheating scumf**ks, but my life isn't going to end being on their mailing list or a +1 in ther membership count.

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
Morals?

Got nothing to do with morals. Life's hard sometimes.

I won't be there either ... Because I can't afford to go ... That's just the way things go.

The club is trying to run a business. If you want to watch a pure sport, the local A grade caters for that.

You guys are missing out. You will probably win. f**king Carney alwAys makes us look second rate :(

SharkShocked

Bench
Next time you attend a Sharkies Home game meltiger - i expect you to buy a Sharks membership as per the growing trend.

Card Shark

Immortal
This game should have been scheduled for a larger ground & as the Tigers have 3 home grounds, choosing the SFS wouldve been too easy.

The Tigers management stuffed up & now they are trying to recoup their losses.

Leichhardt should only ever be used for mid-season games or those involving non-Sydney teams. Other than that, piss it off altogether - it's had its day.

newman

First Grade
I won't be there either ... Because I can't afford to go ... That's just the way things go.

Im not going to tell you how to feel, but you should be outraged about that.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
This game should have been scheduled for a larger ground & as the Tigers have 3 home grounds, choosing the SFS wouldve been too easy.

The Tigers management stuffed up & now they are trying to recoup their losses.

Leichhardt should only ever be used for mid-season games or those involving non-Sydney teams. Other than that, piss it off altogether - it's had its day.

WRONG. Please get your facts right. The SFS chooses which games it wants, not the Tigers management.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
By the way, I completely agree that there should be concessions made by all clubs for travelling away supporters, even if it is only a small amount. That is something that the NRL should be enforcing on all clubs.

The reality is that the Tigers hardly ever come close to selling out their games regularly. Campbelltown is never full, and Leichhardt while usually getting good crowds has never completely sold out weeks before the game. I don't believe the game will be a members only affair and I expect GA tickets to go on sale, but the reality is we will eventually get to a situation where grounds like Leichhardt can't be used anymore.

newman

First Grade
In that situation what would they do then?

Play more games at the SFS? Wouldn't that enrage fans, losing the link?

Leichhardt is just too small for a club the size of WT. Well maybe not quite yet, but its in the post. They will either have to upgrade those stadiums or play more games out of a bigger ground and go back to the "boutique" joints maybe once/twice a year for a low drawing game, but no way against a Sydney team. Its a sad reality with the games growth. While the atmosphere at Leicy is great, the facilities are objectively poor.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
In that situation what would they do then?

Play more games at the SFS? Wouldn't that enrage fans, losing the link?

Unless LO or CSS were upgraded then yes, they would have to play all games at SFS.

If the club has enough ST holders to fill Leichhardt Oval, then they can't play there, simple as that. That is nowhere near close to happening as the Tigers have dreadful membership numbers.

incomparable

Juniors
Some people are delusional.

You honestly think that Leichhardt is going to be sold out 10 days before the event.
Ground holds 18,000.
WT members is about 8,000

Do the maths.:crazy:

newman

First Grade
Chatter all over the social media sites that SHARKS and TIGERS MEMBERS will have an option to purchase GA tickets at regular prices from 9am Thursday. Thats 3 hours before the general public. If you want tickets, get em then.

Special K

Coach
Chatter all over the social media sites that SHARKS and TIGERS MEMBERS will have an option to purchase GA tickets at regular prices from 9am Thursday. Thats 3 hours before the general public. If you want tickets, get em then.
good news

Latest posts