What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 tickets

newman

First Grade
Aside from the Tigers admin being dickheads, Im really looking forward to this. Leicy is always a great day out and its good to be able to play them there. Ive never seen us win there either, so we gotta be due!

Armageddon.

Juniors
As a Tigers fan this disgusts me.
Not only does it make things more expensibe for Tigers fans but it isnt right to be limiting the tickets available to the sharks so badly

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Every single person bitching, including MadUnit, does have the chance to attend.

Buy the 1 game pass you fools lol

If you are too cheap, that's fine but kudos to the club recognizing demand is there and selling the $65 GA ticket.

Aside from the fact i think its very wrong, its also crap value for money.

Assuming the ga ticket is $25, is the extra stuff they give you worth 40 bucks?

Doubt it.

carcharias

Immortal
I am going to do what the tigers knob suggested.
Watch it on tv.

Keep my dosh for shark park only ... He can do the math.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
As a Tigers fan this disgusts me.
Not only does it make things more expensibe for Tigers fans but it isnt right to be limiting the tickets available to the sharks so badly

The $65 season opener membership the club is selling this week is actually $5 cheaper than the stripes membership, which is a one game ticketed membership. So it is NOT more expensive.

Again, Leichhardt Oval holds approx. 18,000 people. The Tigers currently have around 8000 ticketed members. Do you think they have sold 10,000 of these memberships today? NO f**kING CHANCE!

There will be plenty of tickets available.

Armageddon.

Juniors
The $65 season opener membership the club is selling this week is actually $5 cheaper than the stripes membership, which is a one game ticketed membership. So it is NOT more expensive.

I was talking about people who just want a ticket.
Most wouldnt care about the hat and the scarf and the cooler bag and whatever else you get, all they want is a ticket

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so if they aren't going to fill the ground, why pull out this bullshit stunt.

I don't want to be forced into a situation where i have to pay $130 to go to leichhardt oval for myself and the wife only to find that they didn't fill the ground and I could have got the tickets for $40 instead, after having paid to travel to sydney and got accommodation while there.

Its not exactly easy or affordable to book a trip interstate with 2 days notice.

I'll give them credit, the idea has merit, the execution was f**king shithouse.

At least give people the option to buy GA or this membership thing at the same time.

snoozer

Bench
I've recently moved to within close walking distance to Leichardt Oval, might go down and take the bolt cutters for a few fence spots.
used to live in rozelle in the late 80's and went to every tiges game no matter who they were playing.

never bought a ticket either - used to crawl under the fence at the back of the hill near the scoreboard.

Frenzy.

Immortal
A small avian aquaintance of mine has chirped in my ear that there are some people within SharksHQ a tad miffed with the Tigers as there were certain plans for a similar deal for a particular round 6 clash.

Just saying.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Would have no problem if the same deal was offered by the Sharks but farked if I want to be a member of the Tigers. Are these memberships included in the Nrl tally to win $10k??...if so a clever rort by the tigers. Can only hope the guys turn it into a miserable arvo for tigers fans!

M2D2

Bench
Great suburban Rugby League pub and reasonably central for the Sharks rock n roll supporters group (Newman, MillerLite, BadBoyBubby and the Mini Lemmie). No need to go near Leichhardt if we aint going to the game.
Fair enough. Was a nice enough place.

cleary89

Coach
hope we do the same at kogarah round 3. they already had a cry we aren't playing it at sfs. lock them all out i say.

Bay53

Juniors
Hey guys,

I saw the article in the SMH this morning and thought I would come and have a look at this forum. By way of background I am a Raiders member (based in Canberra) who attended all 24 Raiders games last year. I also attend a number of other games when in Sydney and for instance when we play the Titans in R2 I will also go to the Broncos v Cowboys game on the Friday night.

Whilst I think this issue was probably been exagerated in today's paper and is now a non-issue, it should be a wake up call to the NRL to stop any clubs engaging in this sort of activity in the future.

The NRL has to make sure the away fans are catered for at all grounds. Lets be honest two teams put on the show so why would we restrict it to one team fans? Surely part of the considerable money that governments have put into stadiums in recent years is about having an economic impact in the city. Now I know that Cronulla fans are not going to spend a lot of time and money in the Leichhardt area, but surely having travelling fans who spend money on other things than just the game is part of the reason governments have been very generous.

Forcing people into a $65 membership is a crazy decision in the long term. RL can't afford to turn fans away. I don't have a problem with these one game memberships as such (ie the Broncos have one for the Cowboys game but it is about $5 more than a standard ticket and plenty of normal seats anyway) but it can't be to the expense of away fans nor is it smart to alienate your own fans. When you consider that there are so many other competing forces in Sydney for fans sporting dollar the NRL and the clubs should be trying to get as many people as possible to their games and it should be every clubs responsibility to encourage ALL fans to buy memberships to THEIR teams. What do you think GWS, Sydney FC or the Swans thought when they saw the article this morning?

As a Raiders member I would be totally P*ssed off if I couldn't go to a game because I wasn't a home member and this needs to be nipped in the bud now before it becomes an issue.

Perhaps a wider issue is whether the Tigers (and well done to them) have simply become too big for Leichhardt? It is crazy to be turning people away or making it diffficult for them to attend games if there are stadiums available elsewhere that can cater for the crowd. I enjoy Leichhardt, SharkPark, or the other suburban grounds as much as anyone but if the sport becomes too big for them, well that can only be a good thing.

Card Shark

Immortal
WRONG. Please get your facts right. The SFS chooses which games it wants, not the Tigers management.

That's interesting - thanks for letting us know that.

Eventually the Tigers are going to wanna reduce from the use of 3 grounds to 2. It must be an admin nightmare arranging member tickets for 3 different stadiums. I wouldve thought it us hard enough setting up for 1.