What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clean Out Needed

Copperhead

Juniors
Sadly, the loss of Michael Gordon in 2011 and again this season cannot be underestimated. He is the one outside back who had the ability to make a line break from 'nothing'. No other Panthers outside back can do what Gordon was capable off with his leg drive and ability to break tackles. The options suggested such as Daniela, Earl offer no different to what we already have in the outside backs. When the change comes I would like to see Robinson given a crack as he appears to have real 'pace'.

What you described with Gordon is power, not pace. Tighe has plenty of pace, and we all see how far that gets him. Mansour or Satini are the sort of players we need to be given a chance.

Bob

Juniors
Simmons gone G.Jennings in.
Tighe gone Satini in.
Siejka in.
VTK in.

And here I thought you were sensible Daz

G Jennings and Satini both play left hand side, what do we do about M.Jennings, I agree Tighe and Simmons need to go as does Walsh, for mine I would like to see Moylan given a run at the back, Earl on the right wing, Satini on the left wing, Burns to hooker, Seikja to half, Austin to 5/8 as for right centre we don't have anyone good enough

Big Mick

Referee
And Bob..I thought you were sensible ;-)

What has Coote done to justify being dropped for a guy that hasn't played fullback all year. And then putting a guy who has played centre all year onto the wing.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
And Bob..I thought you were sensible ;-)

What has Coote done to justify being dropped for a guy that hasn't played fullback all year. And then putting a guy who has played centre all year onto the wing.
I am sensible Mick:?

Panthers_God

Juniors
the clean out is on....

Panthers Michael Jennings (pectoral), Kevin Kingston (elbow) and Etu Uaisele have all been ruled out. David Simmons has been dropped. Brad Tighe will replace Jennings. Sandor Earl replaces Uaisele. Nafe Seluini replaces Kingston. Blake Austin moves to five-eighth with Travis Burns moving to the bench. A replacement for Simmons has not been decided on.

Hopefully Austin gets a full game...

franklin2323

Immortal
I finally got time to look at stats. I shouldn't of. Walsh actually gained more metres then 3 forwards. Very poor.

Galea: 41 mins. 12 tackles, 3 runs 20m.

Newton 56mins. 22 tackles. 5 runs 34m.

Ciraldo 48mins 28 tackles. 10 runs 63m.

Compare to our bench: Achurch, Austin, Simpkins, 23, 24, 26mins. 12, 12, 14 tackles. 6, 3, 3 runs. 47, 27, 17m.

For Manly only Mauro out of the starters didn't gain 100m .

gronkathon

First Grade
I would be more confident if I were you guys.

Wests Tigers MO is getting beaten by teams that should pose no threat

franklin2323

Immortal
Other then no Jennings. I don't mind the changes. Burns at 9 with Seluini on the bench. Austin starting. Earl. No Simmons just need Grant back and it's a strong team. How long is Jennings out for?

HankScorpio

Juniors
2-3 weeks according to Daily Tele.

I'm all for this, would love to see how Burns goes at 9 and Austin in the halves where he belongs. If we're testing combinations and blooding youth then I'm not too concerned if we lose, for contrast an ME team would've run out with a back rower replacing Jennings (Purtell captain).

age.s

First Grade
Panthers Michael Jennings (pectoral), Kevin Kingston (elbow) and Etu Uaisele have all been ruled out. David Simmons has been dropped. Brad Tighe will replace Jennings. Sandor Earl replaces Uaisele. Nafe Seluini replaces Kingston. Blake Austin moves to five-eighth with Travis Burns moving to the bench. A replacement for Simmons has not been decided on. Matt Groat is not expected to play.

So badly worded. Who's playing right center?

Hopefully we see.

Coote
Earl
Tighe
Daniela
JTK

Anyway, good to see Cleary is willing to make tough choices RE Simmons.

franklin2323

Immortal
2-3 weeks according to Daily Tele.

Hopefully that's the case. Grant was a same length injury 4 weeks later he's no where to be seen. Armit was 4 weeks still not back.Exactly. Simmons still got dropped. No players have been moved out of position.

Given we don't play next week & have the Monday night game the week after. You would expect everyone except the long termers (Smith, Gordon & Plum) back. Although I think sadly Jennings will join them. Rarely are pec injuries a few week.

abpanther

Staff member
I think losing Jennings for a few weeks could be a blessing in disguise for this team, will force them to play with better shape and structure rather than just throwing Jennings the ball and hoping for a miracle

Doomednow

Bench
Interesting. We'll miss Jennings but good to see some changes. You might be right ab, but once Jennings is back we can probably expect more of the same. Hoping Walsh does some running for this one.

anjado

Juniors
Hopefully that's the case. Grant was a same length injury 4 weeks later he's no where to be seen. Armit was 4 weeks still not back.Exactly. Simmons still got dropped. No players have been moved out of position.

Given we don't play next week & have the Monday night game the week after. You would expect everyone except the long termers (Smith, Gordon & Plum) back. Although I think sadly Jennings will join them. Rarely are pec injuries a few week.

They misdiagnosed Grant's injury he will be back next week or the week after.