What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clean Out Needed

Panthers_God

Juniors
Sorry people... forgot to source... Yeah it was from the DT Late Mail...

... Also McKenndry might be out... only a rumor though on NRL SC Talk.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyway, good to see Cleary is willing to make tough choices RE Simmons.

Agreed most coaches would think 2 backs injured we can't lose a 3rd.

Travis Robinson (Reece's brother) has been in good form for Windsor leading tryscorer. Very fast. Prob not a centre but on the wing he would go well.

Vaivai's not played enough. Mansour has had a couple of shockers mixed in there.

franklin2323

Immortal
They misdiagnosed Grant's injury he will be back next week or the week after.

That's what I mean. Hopefully this injuries not misdiagnosed and it's worse. We don't play next week so it will be the week after. I thought all would be named. If they play is a different story.

age.s

First Grade
Agreed most coaches would think 2 backs injured we can't lose a 3rd.

Travis Robinson (Reece's brother) has been in good form for Windsor leading tryscorer. Very fast. Prob not a centre but on the wing he would go well.

Vaivai's not played enough. Mansour has had a couple of shockers mixed in there.

How's JTK been going?

franklin2323

Immortal
How's JTK been going?

He is due back in round 8 or 9. Broken foot in the parra trial.

I will get confirmation at lunchtime tomorrow but it seems Sene-Lefao (I forgot about him as a back) has trained with the top squad all week. He came on as a centre in that trial played the 1st 3 Windsor games in 4 but is now in the backrow.

He is a big hitting backrow that can offload. Does a decent job in the backs but we need that Style in the pack. If he's pulled from Windsor he's in NRL. Armit should play as well.

murraymob

Coach
sometimes the bonus of a lot of injuries it forces coaches to give other guys a go .The oppurtunity is now with jesse to show what he can do.

franklin2323

Immortal
sometimes the bonus of a lot of injuries it forces coaches to give other guys a go .The oppurtunity is now with jesse to show what he can do.

Jesse should of got a run 2 years ago. That idiot Elliott played Purtell in the backrow instead. Or picked Elford over the likes or him.

franklin2323

Immortal
FFS Simmons is playing. Get my hopes up. Simpkins, Achurch played for Windsor. Armit's back. Robinson to debut. Vaivai was very good tonight he would be far better then Tighe or Simmons.

Kilkenny

Coach
Our problems are much deeper than David Simmons that is plain for all to see.

What is clear, it we will need another clear out at seaon's end, too may player's are simply not up to it.

Fibroman

First Grade
Does anyone know if Ciraldo and Newton have broken a tackle yet this year between them?

Sleep

Juniors
Earl is awful. Our backrow sucks outside of Lewis.

Coote has been our only decent back the past few weeks.

franklin2323

Immortal
Does anyone know if Ciraldo and Newton have broken a tackle yet this year between them?

Did they do any hitups? Every set it was scoot, scoot, Lewis, prop, prop. Kick. Throw in the odd run by Austin. Galea wasn't much better. They warm up. Sene-Lafeo is on the tackle bag. He should of played.

The right side of Tighe, Simmons & the backrow need to go. Today was time to step up & show something the pack outside of Lewis, Armit, McKendry & Weston in that order didn't do that. Robinson showed promise.

Big Mick

Referee
Newton still has something to offer imo. But needs to be from the bench.

Why Simpkins and Achurch were dropped I have NFI.

Why Galea and Ciraldo retain their spots I dunno. I knew they'd play a bit this year, but when they were signed I was of the assumption they were experienced depth players. Simpkins and Achurch were better than both and should have been retained.

franklin2323

Immortal
Newton still has something to offer imo. But needs to be from the bench.

We need his experience & a straight runner. As I posted in another thread. Every set Lewis had a run. Armit, Weston & Mckendry had runs. The rest it was scoots & backs. Put Achurch in for Galea. Sene-Lafeo in for Ciraldo. I am sure they would of had a higher workrate.

The 20's were as depleted as NRL & yet their pack stood up. They scored 2 tries with short balls to backrowers running angles across the grain. Something simple & effective despite not having creative backrowers can have an impact doing this.

gronkathon

First Grade
Sorry to intrude again.

As a Tigers fan who watched him develop Achurch is a backrower in terms of natural ability. He played there right through until he went to Wests last year in the NSW Cup.

Excellent footwork, great hands and a good motor

Copperhead

Juniors
We like to play our players out of position to nullify their natural ability. You saw how effective this approach can be on the weelend.