What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the 2012 Grand Final

How do you rate the 2012 GF?

• Total voters

Jono078

Referee
I personally thought it was really shit, maybe the shittest of the last decade along with 2006.

firechild

First Grade
Some good defense but not a whole lot in attack that needed great defense to shut down. Very dour game and the first thing I said to my wife when it was finished was "if that wasn't a grand final, you probably would have said it was a pretty shit game".

Tommy Smith

Referee
Somewhere between awesome and average. 7/10.

I was in awe of the Storms performance. They totally shut down the lethal Dogs attack.

Last years GF was shit.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's been a long time since we've had a great GF. Tonight the storm were at their clinical best and were never going to be headed.

Great GF, it highlighted defence more than attack which wouldn't please some but defence is and always will be the key to winning games and the Storm did an outstanding job of it tonight.

Big Pete

Referee
Best final since 2003.

Great defence from both sides and some flashes of brilliance in attack.

user_nat

Coach
Need more options. Don't want to call it average or great. Somewhere in the middle.

I think opinions will vary based on how much you enjoy defensive games.

natheel

Coach
If the second half followed on in the same fashion of the first then it would have been a very good gf. Melbourne just had to do enough to beat the dogs. Dogs didn't look like they were going to win from the kick off tbh

MEE.

Juniors
It was engaging but not great. Smith's poor goal kicking made it more interesting than it could of been.

Generalzod

Immortal
That was one boring game ...Melbourne Storm have ruined the game of Rugby League
made into a borefest.

AtholSmith

Juniors
I thought the pre-game entertainment today was good, but still felt that the AFL's is like the NRL's for grown-ups. Game was for purists - the biff was fun.

Jono078

Referee
It's funny how divided people are on it.

Melbourne were too good and made it looked like the Dogs didn't belong on the same park as them.

Because the result never looked in doubt I couldn't enjoy it.

Apey

Staff member
:lol:

I'm with Big Pete. Thought it was great. A tough, close game. Two sides who were both amazing in defence.

Will get a lot of people saying they hated it because a) They don't like Storm and/or Dogs and b) the team they wanted to win lost.

The Storm did their video research and pretty much read them like a book. Almost perfect defensive effort which was their weapon in the end.

Jono078

Referee
:lol:

I'm with Big Pete. Thought it was great. A tough, close game. Two sides who were both amazing in defence.

Will get a lot of people saying they hated it because a) They don't like Storm and/or Dogs and b) the team they wanted to win lost.
Conversely though, did the people that think it was awesome cheer on the Storm?

Latest posts