What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fight at the Cross

bartman

Immortal
Hmm, interesting....
Mannah made regular dressing room speeches in a bid to lift morale last season.
Obviously wasn't too successful with that strategy.
Which leaves Maitua, who has shown a new maturity since last season when he led a player revolt against the team's attacking structure.
A player revolt against tactics last season? Who would have thought.... :D

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hmm, interesting....

Obviously wasn't too successful with that strategy.

A player revolt against tactics last season? Who would have thought.... :D

He spoke out against SK in his post match interview following the Broncos game. He didn't name names, but it was a fairly vitriolic interview.

I think at the time I commented that it was a fairly surprising interview!

bartman

Immortal
Cheers OMC, I'll have to look it up and give it a watch!

I must have been sucked in by some posters on here assuring us the players should be 100% behind SK, and it was all the players' fault that things weren't going well, and missed this interview.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Cheers OMC, I'll have to look it up and give it a watch!

I must have been sucked in by some posters on here assuring us the players should be 100% behind SK, and it was all the players' fault that things weren't going well, and missed this interview.

come on mate, coaches dont make knock ons or miss tackles or win premierships or actually coach a side :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Quote about Reni said:
Which leaves Maitua, who has shown a new maturity since last season when he led a player revolt against the team's attacking structure.

Maybe Reni was sick the day that SK explained the 5 year plan ? It's a shame that the players could not grasp his vision.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dare say we won't see Reni involved in coaching when he hangs up the boots. Very few players have that strategic mindset.

Gronk

Staff member
Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
There were several players that would not have played for us if SK was still coach this year, an unfortunate fact, and from what I was told they were the senior guys.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yeah and Kearney wasn't one. At least Reno was able to identify poor tactics when he saw them.

Let's be at least a little bit fair here:

I'll wager SK is a better head coach than Reni will ever be.

I think SK was a crap head coach.

Deduct from that my opinion of Reni's potential as a head coach.

[mind you, there's not many blokes who've played for us over the past few years who seem to have that strategic mindset to them]

Sphagnum

Coach
I love this thread.

Hoepfully Reni is the future of Parramamatta. Whatever he said, was with the best intentions to try and keep this little prick out of the papers. Reni knows that the club will not tolerate scandal and this clown had it written all over him.

When he inevitably signs with Manly under their liquid salary cap, I'm sure a few of the boys will be looking to take his head off to get square for this one.

Good on Reni for taking it on the chin and not making the matter worse by retaliating or publicly humiliating the kid in the press. It shows strong leadership to support the younger players even when they so obviously don't deserve it like in this situation.