What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fight at the Cross

oldmancraigy

Coach
Shaun Anderson lol. He didn't seem very bright when they interviewed him.

No, he didn't seem very bright...

"Uh, I punched Reni and knocked him out. Club is taking the word of NRL player over 20s player"

Imbecile. He himself just said he knocked him out - if he wants to use the 'he said she said' defence, then he shouldn't incriminate himself first!!!

natheel

Coach
Whether or not reni said something to trigger him off Anderson should have held back. I mean he said himself I thought he was going to deck me...oh so you don't think he'd deck you if you hit him? Luckily he knocked him down. Sounds like reni has changed for the better. The old reni would've knocked the kid out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Foxsports were reporting that the kid had a few and Reni noticed him and gave him a few words of advice which he didn't take too well.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't always believe the telecrap and not included in the online article below, however the printed story in this mornings paper states:

The 30 year old had been celebrating a friend's birthday and was leaving when he encountered Anderson. Believing Anderson was at risk because of intoxication, Maitua gave his young clubmate some free advice. But Anderson did not accept it kindly and after a short exchange floored the former international with a punch to the head.

If true shows that Reni has definitely matured and is showing leadership at the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/eels-sack-toyota-cup-player-shaun-anderson-over-reni-maitua-knock-out/story-e6frexnr-1226539982650

PARRAMATTA have sacked Toyota Cup player Shaun Anderson for knocking out clubmate and NRL star Reni Maitua on a night out in Kings Cross.

The Eels say they have conducted a full investigation into the incident that took place over the weekend outside the Tunnel nightclub in Kings Cross, and have cleared senior player Maitua of any wrongdoing.

Anderson, 18, has had his contract terminated for punching Maitua to the ground.

It's the second up-and-coming talent the Eels have sacked in the past week, after they also tore up the contract of Jamil Hopoate for bad behaviour at an NRL rookie camp in Sydney.

Eels chief executive Ken Edwards said the club would continue to take a hard line.

"I make no apology for the club's firm policy on player behaviour," Edwards said in an Eels statement.

"When a player signs with Parramatta, they acknowledge the high standards of behaviour expected. Our players need to be committed to the club, their teammates, our members and supporters.

"As a club we will continue to strive for excellence and foster a culture of respect, inclusiveness and teamwork."

Anderson claimed on Channel Nine that the Eels had showed favouritism by clearing Maitua, who is being touted as a future captain of the club.

"I thought he was about to deck me ... so I stood back and hit him first and that's what happened. And then he was out cold on the ground," said Anderson.

"It's an NRL player's word against an under 20s player's word. Straight up they're going to pick the NRL player aren't they?"

Gronk

Staff member
If Anderson was any good, he wouldn't have been sacked.

#culled

Stagger eel

Staff member
If Anderson was any good, he wouldn't have been sacked.

#culled

I don't think that's the case, jamil's status alone would of prevented him from getting sacked if we had weak leadership at the top the same applied to Rodney Maeffauo who's now pesuing a boxing career

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think that's the case, jamil's status alone would of prevented him from getting sacked if we had weak leadership at the top the same applied to Rodney Maeffauo who's now pesuing a boxing career

Can't agree. Strong leadership aside, if the kid (either Hoppa or Anderson) were guns and destined for greatness Parra would have given them counselling blah blah. Culled.

Anderson claimed on Channel Nine that the Eels had showed favouritism by clearing Maitua, who is being touted as a future captain of the club.

"I thought he was about to deck me ... so I stood back and hit him first and that's what happened. And then he was out cold on the ground," said Anderson.

"It's an NRL player's word against an under 20s player's word. Straight up they're going to pick the NRL player aren't they?"

they are if the under 20s player throws the first punch idiot
im glad he's gone if it wasnt for this it would be something else further down the track

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Remember when Reni kicked a guy in the head who was lying on the ground and broke his nose.

What goes around comes around.

strider

Post Whore
Remember when Reni kicked a guy in the head who was lying on the ground and broke his nose.

What goes around comes around.

and if i recall correctly that guy was an off duty cop

but Reni is a reformed boy these days - you can tell by his one direction haircut

Avenger

Immortal
I know that he was the victim but this will cruel any chance that Reni had of being Captain. Aspiring Captains shouldn't hang in the Cross and have Bra Boys Tattoos. Just my opinion.

Latest posts