What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:?

I'm confused - he's saying all the jerseys had to be different and you're complaining the Bulldogs had a different jersey?

ShaneO85

Juniors
Slight adjustment. Neither Rugby League in Australia nor American Football in the USA is the national sport of the respective countries.

although baseball is still refereed to as the national sport or pastime i think that football is actually the bigger sport now, and definitely will be moving forward. Sure there are still plenty of baseball fans but i think the NFL is actually becoming the stronger brand.

from my viewpoint major US sports rank roughly:
1. NFL
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. Hockey
(not too sure where nascar should fit in, or if it even belongs in that conversation.)

I always grew up thinking basketball would have been king of the hill but evidently i was mistaken.

chibimatty

Juniors
Remember back in the 90's when basketball was bigger than baseball? Who can remember the days when the NBL was riding high here too?

kdalymc

Bench
That's a really nice design, for a club that's had some shockers in the past.

I think some clubs are now getting the idea that a simple design works just fine... lets hope that trend continues.

That is the most boring design in the comp! There bull horn designs were one of the best.
But yeah the Hummel jagged edge one was an absolute abortion

The Warriors had an absolute belting U20's jersey in 2011 which designed by a fan after a comp was run by the club. Funny that a fan designed jersey looks good...

134467-warriors-vs-cowboys-2011-nrl-toyota-cup-grand-final.jpg

Last year they wore a red jersey and the only reason that I can think of is to do with it being a tie in with Vodafone.

00044681-image.jpg

Agree that it's a good place for clubs to come up with alternative designs and test them out within reason...

GAZF

First Grade
The Warriors had an absolute belting U20's jersey in 2011 which designed by a fan after a comp was run by the club. Funny that a fan designed jersey looks good...

134467-warriors-vs-cowboys-2011-nrl-toyota-cup-grand-final.jpg

Last year they wore a red jersey and the only reason that I can think of is to do with it being a tie in with Vodafone.

00044681-image.jpg

Agree that it's a good place for clubs to come up with alternative designs and test them out within reason...

The blue/white/green was a great look for the Warriors. Kind of surprised they went the other way with red, at least their home/away jerseys are ok.

applesauce

Bench
Knights is close to perfect. Only negative is the green NIB patches but it is negligible in comparison to the rest of the jersey.

Fire

First Grade
^ Like their "retro" jersey (i.e., the picnic rug thingy), they've gone one step too far with the chequered pattern in there, otherwise it would be a decent jersey.

By the way, why is there a special jersey for the game v the Bulldogs?

mn_tibor

Juniors
^ Like their "retro" jersey (i.e., the picnic rug thingy), they've gone one step too far with the chequered pattern in there, otherwise it would be a decent jersey.

By the way, why is there a special jersey for the game v the Bulldogs?

Judging by the colouring I would say it's only because the game is in Wellington.

Storm 2012

Juniors
I like the idea of clubs having different jerseys for the u20s, as long as they aren't horrendous, like the titans jersey

Clarke

Juniors
although baseball is still refereed to as the national sport or pastime i think that football is actually the bigger sport now, and definitely will be moving forward. Sure there are still plenty of baseball fans but i think the NFL is actually becoming the stronger brand.

from my viewpoint major US sports rank roughly:
1. NFL
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. Hockey
(not too sure where nascar should fit in, or if it even belongs in that conversation.)

I always grew up thinking basketball would have been king of the hill but evidently i was mistaken.

Couldn't agree more but popularity doesn't dictate what sport is the national sport and what isn't. Here in Australia, both the NRL and the AFL are bigger than Cricket, however Cricket is the national sport/pastime.

They had two. Not the best pics but you get the idea.

8L7I2893_480801_p.jpg

8L7I7178_911140_p.jpg

Those are the ones, I remember hearing that the NYC would be the "same clubs, same jerseys". Ah well. I don't care one way or another really, as long as I can tell who is who.

Rumoured Warriors jersey v Bulldogs in Wellington.

Love it, apart from the chequered pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.