What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Reddy for 2014

Would you?

• Yes it could potentially be an excellent signing for the starting line-up

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes but for the right price and as a utility

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No because there are better options off contract

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No he won't fit into this team of "superstars"

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Swiftstylez

Bench
Off contract next year, I honestly would have preferred to have kept Reddy over Tonga and you can thank our good friend Kearney for his departure (Another reason to get Reddy as he predicted a bleak future under his tenure, he is football intelligent especially in defence). Reddy is a better center than a winger and has not been able to overcome the Tigers center partnership to get a regular and consistent performance happening like he had with us in his prime, being used mainly on the wing and off the bench. Keep in mind that the Tigers have been underperforming shithouses in relation to Reddy's stint there.

On a dime compared to the overs we pay Tonga would be a good buy, in my opinion should have become one of our blue and gold greats and it was a travesty to let him go. For the right price would you want Reddy back next year, if not for a starting position for some quality depth as it is something we do not have much of this year or as of today next year in the backs. Even if we chucked him on the bench as well it would be better than Ben Smith or Roberts as a utility.

2014:

Potential Backs: Hopoate/Dugan, Sio, Blair, Loko, Reddy, Morgan.

Personally I salivate at Loko and Reddy in the centers with a more experienced Blair and Sio on the wings. I enjoy Morgan but there is nothing wrong with healthy competition and depth.

Discuss.

Last edited:
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Hopoate
4. Loko
5. Blair

Put Morgan in there somewhere instead of someone else if you like - where exactly is Reddy going to fit?

Swiftstylez

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Hopoate
4. Loko
5. Blair

Put Morgan in there somewhere instead of someone else if you like - where exactly is Reddy going to fit?

6. Hayne and if he isn't he would fit on the bench as a better utility than Smith, Roberts and maybe even Paulo. Who are you replacing those guys we cut for our team next with? What if one of our backs gets injured and is out for the season, wouldn't you prefer a seasoned player that could defend rather than another young leaky cauldron? That is also assuming we get Hopoate.

Kornstar

Coach
I have been very disappointed with him at the Tigers, he has struggled to hold down a spot even when there have been injuries!

Swiftstylez

Bench
I have been very disappointed with him at the Tigers, he has struggled to hold down a spot even when there have been injuries!

He isn't pacey enough to be a winger and his defencive decisions are wasted on the wing because generally the center makes the error of judgement against a backline movement. Many of Tigers fans agree that he has been wasted under their regime:

http://roarfeed.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11771&sid=5ecf6def1d78099e813abeef31685231

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Id have him back if he was on fu*k all and wanted to play for Wenty to cover for injuries. Loko and Hoppa should be our centers next year.

Eels Dude

Coach
Loko's lateral movement is far too poor to keep him in the centres much longer. Sooner he moves to the back row the better.

Im a bit of a Reddy fan ! Liked him when he was at fullback in PL and had time for him in the centres in the FG.

Disappointing at the Tigers though.

jimmy77au

Juniors
Ill admit I was a Reddy fan - but much more excited about having Loko & Hoppa in the centres....

You lost me when you mentioned that inbred bogan from Canberra as a possible....Talking about a guy who has a ray lewis tattoo on his thigh - angled so its looking up at his wang, with his mouth open....

Swiftstylez

Bench
Id have him back if he was on fu*k all and wanted to play for Wenty to cover for injuries. Loko and Hoppa should be our centers next year.

Uh so no :roll:

All I can say is he would be in this years team and because we should be cutting and will lose people he could fit in.

Keep in mind Blair and Loko are off contract and will want a pay rise.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16656&sid=1a4d3f05e83a364e27272663adac9ca5 Other teams fans are already looking at both of them

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=23647

Last edited:
6. Hayne and if he isn't he would fit on the bench as a better utility than Smith, Roberts and maybe even Paulo. Who are you replacing those guys we cut for our team next with? What if one of our backs gets injured and is out for the season, wouldn't you prefer a seasoned player that could defend rather than another young leaky cauldron? That is also assuming we get Hopoate.

Why wouldn't I assume we're getting Hopoate? He's signed for us and has given no indication he won't come.

Even if Hayne does move to 6 then either Hoppa goes to the back or Mullaney.
Morgan, Loko or Blair in the centres.
We have Sio, Toutai and MacKenzie as well. That's 7 outside backs right there (not including Hayne).

I was a fan of Reddy when he was at Parra, but his defence in his last year for us was woeful. It surprised me considering he was always a solid defender, but from what I've seen he hasn't improved on that awful season as yet.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Uh so no :roll:

All I can say is he would be in this years team and because we should be cutting and will lose people he could fit in.

Keep in mind Blair and Loko are off contract and will want a pay rise.

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16656&sid=1a4d3f05e83a364e27272663adac9ca5 Other teams fans are already looking at both of them

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=23647

Id be hard pressed to find a spot for him in our team. I don't rate Morgan so i would prob have Joel over him.

Also, LOL at one of the Tigers fans on that forum saying that Koroibete will be the best winger in the comp in a year or two lol.

Last edited:

DeanPay98

Juniors
Reddy was injured in 2011 so he can't be fairly judged on his form that year. He was a great centre for us between 2008-2010 and we probably got his best football out of him. I was surprised when he was let go in 2011 because he still had a lot of good football in him and he was in his mid-20's. But, its now two seasons later and with Loko and Morgan showing immense improvement and Hopoate likely coming in, I just can't see a role for Reddy at the Eels.

Its a shame, because he's one of the casualties of the two wasted seasons we had under Kearney. But you can't undo the damage thats been done. Barring departures or long term injuries I'm afraid it should be a no to Reddy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don't think he's a step in the right direction, tbh. I think Ryan Morgan is coming along very nicely, and Cheyse Blair (though developing a little more slowly than Morgan) is also going well, and offers more in attack than Reddy IMO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I did find it funny that that Titans fan was saying they have the "biggest centre in the game", though...