What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Marshall a great player?

gronkathon

First Grade
Difference between him beng a great player and him being a truly great player is that he is not a competitor like the real greats. He is happy to fade in and out of games, losses don't seem to phase him as he just pumps out the predetermined Sheenisms without a care in the world

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is agreat player.

He has always needed a halfback to do the stuff he has no idea how to do, directing a team, setting up plays, kicking etc.

He's an off the cuff player who produces his best in open space, with room to move and taking on the line.

Sheens took all that away from him by moving him to 7, now he's playing such a restricitve style, all his assets are gone.

Benji would be a revelation under a good coach.

philgood

Juniors
A great player who is being ruined by Tim Sheens. He is a free spirited, runner of the ball 5/8th - NOT an organising halfback.

Would love to see him flourish again under a new coach

Mr Saab

Referee
A great player who is being ruined by Tim Sheens. He is a free spirited, runner of the ball 5/8th - NOT an organising halfback.

Would love to see him flourish again under a new coach

Wont happen. Sheens will be the Tigers coach for however long he wants the job.
I feel sorry for Tigers fans having to put up with him as coach.
Daniel Anderson would be a good choise to take over, but as i said Sheens is da man!

Matchball

Bench
Strange how tigres cant even score pts now...

He have no go forward which in turn creates no space to do anything.
Halfback situation has been a joke, since 05 we have played everyone in the 7 jersey.
Lui was great and that's the type of half Marshall needs but nobody even gets time to gel anymore.

Marshall is past his best and the Tigers should consider moving him on, not signing him to another 5 years.

gronkathon

First Grade
Wests Tigers have not purchased a NRL prop since we bought Galloway.

I think Marshall is all but washed up.

Meanwhile Sheens got the hell out of dodge and we have years ahead to rectify his mess

Hooch

Juniors
Has he lost a yard or two of pace?

That's all it would take with a player like Benji.

He's had years to develop into a dominant half who can set the pace of a game. Not going to happen.

gUt

Coach
He needs a new club side to freshen him up. I can think of one that would suit him nicely.

DIMEAST

Juniors
I'd rather Foran and Johnson in the halves for the Kiwis but if he finds 10/11 form it's a no brainer to have him there

DIMEAST

Juniors
Unfortunately the tigers swapped some good forwards for a dud in Blair and have one of the worst forward packs in the comp. Would be hard for any half to look good behind that pack

POPEYE

Coach
In that Stacey Jones category.

In top form, unstoppable but has weaknesses that prevent him from being considered in that elite company.

On paper though, his resume doesn't look too shabby, a premiership, golden boot, world cup & four nations. Not too shabby.

Says it all