What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it okay to boo your Team

Ace-STi

Juniors
art-353-725021386-300x0.jpg

2/10 would not bang :lol:

Last edited:

The Major

Bench
Why sugar coat it? If they're playing shithouse, let them know. They're grown men not 5 year olds who will piss their pants if told they are not doing a good job. I dont get the whole preciousness of it all. Theres booing for the sake of booing and then there's booing them because they are playing like a bunch of complete f**ktards and should cop it for bringing the red vee anywhere even close to the wooden spoon. Its disgraceful and an embaarassment.

gypsy

Bench
Spot on Major. Of course it's ok to boo them. I would reserve this for lack of effort though, rather than ability.

Mr Red

First Grade
there were boos at the game tonight.. and they werent just for the refs....

nrlnrl

First Grade
Spot on Major. Of course it's ok to boo them. I would reserve this for lack of effort though, rather than ability.

according to the coach the effort has been there all season, that's the problem - his interpretation of what's acceptable.

country_dragon

Juniors
Why sugar coat it? If they're playing shithouse, let them know. They're grown men not 5 year olds who will piss their pants if told they are not doing a good job. I dont get the whole preciousness of it all. Theres booing for the sake of booing and then there's booing them because they are playing like a bunch of complete f**ktards and should cop it for bringing the red vee anywhere even close to the wooden spoon. Its disgraceful and an embaarassment.

totally agree. Did you note that after totally having their butts kicked tonight, only two players had their heads hung down as they left the ground. The rest had the 'oh, well' look on their faces. If it was me, I would have made them pull their jumpers over their heads. They didn't even have the guts to kick a ##@^%$ field goal when they had a chance at the end so the score wouldn't have been BLOT again !

FlameThrower

Bench
Unforunately Tumbi they were at the players.
Just got home.

Left the game, had coffee with wife, checked forums, and same old same old. Last time this supposedly booing occurred, a million posts came in denying it occurred, we are A-Grade rubbish, problems far more deeper than coach Price and random players selections. A telling moment for me was in 1st half, after another roosters try, all the players just hands on hips, with Creagh off to the left of them. In the Hornby era he would have been in the middle of them spitting fire and passion.... Creagh......silent like an Easter Island Statue.

according to the coach the effort has been there all season, that's the problem - his interpretation of what's acceptable.

This is it.

It is the accumulated effects of falseyfying the situation that has led to ingrained mediocrity becoming the mainstay of team culture.

Whilesoever our problems are excused by blaming them on injuries, bad luck on the field, a recalcitrant 5/8 (albeit one with a great kicking game) who couldn't be managed but had to be sacked , and now an ineffective defence assistant coach - we are just going to continue to accept them and get used to them.

That's the insipid danger of mediocrity.

His coaching credentials aside, it started last year when bewilderingly. Steve Price overlooked substandard performances week in week out and instead applauded their effort. I thought back then his game assessment could not be more off - that his positive spin was borderline delusional, but really, all it did was cloak his own inadequacies as an first grade Coach in the NRL.

Great sales job Steve Price - you sure fooled them!

Now, so long as they put in an effort, it seems it doesn't matter what the result is, because you'll be proud of the boys. Well, how proud are you of taking us to LAST PLACE ?!

The 'oh well' attitude has well and truly kicked in. And now, Steve Price says (post match press conference) "...taking a break, time away from footy over the bye period, (BBQ,s, surfing, maybe get some skiing in) relaxing with Family ...clear the head etc" is the answer. (my additions). And THEN some hardwork.

Now that's medicority!!!

....THAT'S BULLSHIT !!

Stupid Peter Doust for buying it!

No wonder we are soft. No wonder we are not even motivated to improve.

Where's the pride? Where's the passion??

I do not see men associated with the team hurting enough because of another embarrassing loss - especially led by one Steve Price.

Even if he is the lowest paid coach, I guess a qtr of a mil a year, even if you completely f**k everything up... is still a pretty good wage.

Who needs pride or passion when instead all you need to do is believe you're own positive spin.

saint.nick

Coach
This is it.

It is the accumulated effects of falseyfying the situation that has led to ingrained mediocrity becoming the mainstay of team culture.

Whilesoever our problems are excused by blaming them on injuries, bad luck on the field, a recalcitrant 5/8 (albeit one with a great kicking game) who couldn't be managed but had to be sacked , and now an ineffective defence assistant coach - we are just going to continue to accept them and get used to them.

That's the insipid danger of mediocrity.

His coaching credentials aside, it started last year when bewilderingly. Steve Price overlooked substandard performances week in week out and instead applauded their effort. I thought back then his game assessment could not be more off - that his positive spin was borderline delusional, but really, all it did was cloak his own inadequacies as an first grade Coach in the NRL.

Great sales job Steve Price - you sure fooled them!

Now, so long as they put in an effort, it seems it doesn't matter what the result is, because you'll be proud of the boys. Well, how proud are you of taking us to LAST PLACE ?!

The 'oh well' attitude has well and truly kicked in. And now, Steve Price says (post match press conference) "...taking a break, time away from footy over the bye period, (BBQ,s, surfing, maybe get some skiing in) relaxing with Family ...clear the head etc" is the answer. (my additions). And THEN some hardwork.

Now that's medicority!!!

....THAT'S BULLSHIT !!

Stupid Peter Doust for buying it!

No wonder we are soft. No wonder we are not even motivated to improve.

Where's the pride? Where's the passion??

I do not see men associated with the team hurting enough because of another embarrassing loss - especially led by one Steve Price.

Even if he is the lowest paid coach, I guess a qtr of a mil a year, even if you completely f**k everything up... is still a pretty good wage.

Who needs pride or passion when instead all you need to do is believe you're own positive spin.

+100. We need a quality, hard nut coach like Maguire. I love this guy. People can talk all the s*** they want about the great roster he has at his disposal. That's heaps irrelevant. For a few years now, Souths have had some great players, but Maguire has been the only one to turn them from just a team of champion players to a champion team. The culture at Souths, due to the presence of Maguire, has been reinvigorated. John Lang had a similar team to what Maguire has, which included Inglis, and he was hopeless.

If there's one thing we know about Maguire, it's that he loathes mediocrity. From Mag's perspective, making a tough call to avoid mediocrity (for example dropping team leaders like Asotasi and Crocker) is like killing an insect. He may feel a bit bad for it, but he does it with out hesitation. It seems that for Souths, missing out on Bennett really wasn't a setback after all.