What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Reynolds the New Jamie Soward

Fat Krion

Juniors
Great kicking game, unlikely to run the ball and defensively suspect....No I am not talking about Penriths new signing...premiership winning and origin discard, Jamie Soward but a player unlikely to achieve both of the aforementioned career highlights....

Adam Reynolds with the advantage of playing behind a monster pack ,with the option of G.I and weekly favorable penalty counts has struggled in the business end of the season.

Reynolds struggled last night against an under strength Roosters outfit and went missing against the Storm in fact his form in the last few months has been below the standard we have become accustomed to.

This must be a concern to the origin hopeful. If Reynolds can't impose himself on the final series and lead Souths to a Grand Final at the minimum surely he is not worthy of leading NSW against the greatest origin team in history.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Great kicking game, unlikely to run the ball and defensively suspect....No I am not talking about Penriths new signing...premiership winning and origin discard, Jamie Soward but a player unlikely to achieve both of the aforementioned career highlights....

Adam Reynolds with the advantage of playing behind a monster pack ,with the option of G.I and weekly favorable penalty counts has struggled in the business end of the season.

Reynolds struggled last night against an under strength Roosters outfit and went missing against the Storm in fact his form in the last few months has been below the standard we have become accustomed to.

In the business end of the season, this must be a concern to the origin hopeful. If Reynolds can't impose himself on the final series and lead Souths to a Grand Final at the minimum surely he is not worthy of leading NSW against the greatest origin team in history.

I don't think anything you've said here is unreasonable.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
He was ineffective last night (and wasn't alone), but was probably the Bunnies' best against Melbourne and Manly recently ... just to mention quality opposition. He is NO WHERE near the defensive liability that Soward is.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Is it Reynolds fault Farrell butchered that try?
Or that Sam Burgess got greedy instead of passing to an unmarked winger?

At one stage last night Gus was commenting on something Pearce did and said "that's origin experience"
I thought it must've been after an errant pass or kick cos the only experience Mitchell Pearce has from origin is being shit.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I thought Sutton went missing last night too. Souths looked out of synch in attack & Roosters looked to make ground easier ( after the first 15 minutes when Rabbitohs looked to be in complete control )

Aragorn

First Grade
i dont think they went missing - especially Sutton. Both were playing their guts out. Unfortunately they just werent good enough against a quality defensive side that werent falling for any of their plays.

WOTBEH

Juniors

In the business end of the season, this must be a concern to the origin hopeful. If Reynolds can't impose himself on the final series and lead Souths to a Grand Final at the minimum surely he is not worthy of leading NSW against the greatest origin team in history.

Yeah man let's pick pearce again!

:lol:

timka4

Bench
Reynolds shouldn't be in origin next year anyway, Carney, Mullen, maybe Maloney will feature as 6,7.

Sutton should not be 6 for souths, faster they get him out of there the better, didn't do anything but run the ball last night. His running game is good though and should be playing as wide backrower

gronkathon

First Grade
The real reason I want the Chooks to choke in the finals is so there is no excuse for Piss in Origin again

Glen

Bench
And no minor premierships.

He's better than Pearce but needs to perform in these finals to prove himself. I hope he does (with Souffs narrowly losing) because we desperately NEED to be that player for NSW

Hutty1986

Immortal
Somehow I think Reyno would be pretty stoked if he could earn the trophies Soward has in his career..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Greg Inglis is overrated also,this will be his 3rd season with Souths where he failed to reach a GF despite the fact he plays with the biggest and most powerful god like forward pack of all time,Jarryd Hayne single handedly got a bunch of welter horses to the GF in 09

Hayne > Inglis

magpie4ever

First Grade
Greg Inglis is overrated also,this will be his 3rd season with Souths where he failed to reach a GF despite the fact he plays with the biggest and most powerful god like forward pack of all time,Jarryd Hayne single handedly got a bunch of welter horses to the GF in 09

Hayne > Inglis

Dude, Wazn won the Wyong Cup yesterday; hope you was on.