What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

Bench
I figured you were already on the board. You seem to know the finer details in things.
How do you know about contract negotiations? How could you know without being on the board or being that Seward dude or by being jt or his lawyer? How do you know about a contract being redrawn.

Who is the dude leaking all this shit to you so that I can vote for you instead of him? That's so long as you keep coming here with the juicy gossip. Just cut out the middle man.

My posts regarding this saga have be removed about 6 times I think.

I've been around this club for a while and happen to know a lot of people

No difference with blokes like Hadley, Dean Ritchie and Moussoud getting info.

Springs

First Grade
Would have preferred Taylor but Arthur is just as good. He has the players on his side and all the best to him.

Anyone is better than Stuart.

Avenger

Immortal
Was a careful smokescreen by Avenger so as not to draw unwanted media attention to the process. Worked a treat!

B-Rad R-phz is in, are you?

Cheers mate. I must say I am stoked for Brad. Love it that he is a Parra man through and through.

MickRad

Juniors
“To return as a Head Coach in an area and a club where I played football as a young man is extremely humbling,” Arthur said.

I like this. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

We all have to agree we like him better than Ricky, right?

Jodeci

Bench
Who is the dude leaking all this shit to you so that I can vote for you instead of him? That's so long as you keep coming here with the juicy gossip. Just cut out the middle man.

More than happy to get some of the guys and girls here involved in areas where we need help

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fair points, mate.

We get all riled up when the board leaks but have no problem drinking from the fountain of Jodeci, which funnily enough is fed from the same leaks.

Not anything against Jodeci, mind you. I've never met him personally but he seems like a stand up bloke. I wouldn't be running on the same ticket as him if I didn't hold him in the highest regard :)

Lol... I've met both you and jodeci and your the closer thing to a 'stand up' bloke than he is mate... ;-)

And for the record, I like both you blokes... Just sayin

Gronk

Staff member
Yes true and we only know what we read in the media. But telling Arthur's he has missed out? Telling Taylor he has the job and negotiating terms with him, at the same time having a board meeting to vote on another candidate ? That sorta sounds incompetents.

Incompetence here is apparently the too and fro of find a coach who meets our requirements all the way down to terms of contact. If it turns out that it was badly handled based on fact rather than rumour and innuendo they they deserve criticism.

I find it amusing however that those who are lining up today against the board were seemingly quiet with the incompetence card when it was found that Ricky Stuart was allowed a clause which entitled him to walk out on us at any f**king time.

Last edited:
When will we stop being called the "Pirtek Parramatta Eels" and start being called the 'Dyldam Parramatta Eels" or the "NRL team previously known as the Pirtek Parramatta Eels"?

My guess would be when the contract expired. Maybe that is November 1, like many other NRL contracts.

But that is just a guess.

Delboy

First Grade
At the end of the day, the best manfor the future of the club got the gig.

Not sure any of us are happy with the rumours and desalting, but we will be

Incompetence here is apparently the too and fro of find a coach who meets our requirements all the way down to terms of contact. If it turns out that it was badly handled based on fact rather than rumour and innuendo they they deserve criticism.

I find it amusing however that those who are lining up today against the board were seemingly quite with the incompetence card when it was found that Ricky Stuart was allowed a clause which entitled him to walk out on us at any f**king time.

Remember Gronk it was the best decision possible at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.