What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
All the best for Arthur's, hope he kicks butt and gets our forwards playing like the manly pack.

Hope the board now gives him freedom (and no pressure) to run the side as he wants.

Also good to see a player that never was a top line player ( but had a very successful career in county footy) as a head coach - he must have had some real determination to get where he is after Royce Simmons said he would never make it in the NRL.

Finally good to see he is an old parramatta boy.

MITS

If you knew half the rubbish going on and back stabbing happening now, you would have the same tone as me.

With the above, what about the screening they did to appoint an Interim CEO of the Leagues Club? Or the appointment of Boulos? Or the fact they sack Edwards cause of his strategic views but yet appoint Phelan who at the time was GM of Strategy which was the same strategy as Edwards?

Do you want me to go on?

Jodeci, you could go on, the question would be who's point of view would it be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Big deal. We are talking about a team who were desperate for a change.

Mate I think six games is such a small sample as to be meaningless. But you're the one who brought up how shit he was as coach last year.

Were you not the same clown who said kearney will be a success because he captained the kiwis at 21 and because he also had a long face.

I pointed out his leadership credentials, and unlike you I hoped he would do well. Now I hope Arthur's does well, whereas it looks like you'll be death riding yet another coach.

yy_cheng

Coach
Now who are the assistants?

Especially, the attacking coach?

Bring back AJ for the halves and Luke Burt for the backs?

eels81236

Bench
My posts regarding this saga have be removed about 6 times I think.

I've been around this club for a while and happen to know a lot of people

No difference with blokes like Hadley, Dean Ritchie and Moussoud getting info.

No disrespect to you personally, but, It doesn't matter who you know. It doesn't matter how long you've been around the club. Unless you were in that room you shouldn't know anything, especially re: why negotiations may have broken down.

Whomever told you said information should be punted immediately.

As for you repeating it here. Of course we like to find things out. How else could we arrive at such blind angst towards certain people if you didn't tell us why? Board members are obligated to preserve the image of the club. You are not. Your obligations come down to personal choice.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I am very happy with the coaching appointments.

All the whingers lining up to put shit on the club can go and get f**ked.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
congrats to brad, i will support him as the coach despite the fact i didn't want anyone with a past history to be considered.

if all we heard from the club in the process was the signing of arthur everyone would probably be hunky dory.

the fact it wasn't will unfortunately serve as ammo for a long time to come, hence why i didn't want anyone associated with the club to be considered.

but alas, the decision was needed to be made, it's been made and we get on with it.

good luck seward and arthur.

sharpie, PLEASE sink into the background

born an eel

Bench
Arthur must have been happy with the terms of the contract offered for it all to be done so quickly.

I wonder if a get out clause is what hindered JT signing?
Hope the board negotiate with the player managers the same way and do not allow them to insert conditions they are not happy with.

Kornstar

Coach
So we have a Tummyache.

Congrats to Brad, and here is hoping he can bring out the best of the NRL side and more in 2014.

What's the bet the pea hearts who wanted him as coach dish up the same f**king garbage that they have since 2011?

Good luck to Brad, he was not my first choice, 3 coaches in a row now that I thought/think are a mistake on top of sacking a coach who got us to a GF with 1 year left to go, I'm not happy that I believe we have again made the wrong decision.

I'm not sure I can renew my 2 seats next year, 2 boards have let me down, I'm kinda over this shit now! The players don't want to play for anyone, the board are only interested in what interests them rather than the people who put them there, why should I support this team?

Really struggling to find any interest in the club anymore, they are an absolute disgrace!!

forward pass

Coach
1) I will 100% support our new coach and wish him all the best.
2) Colonel must be doing cartwheels right now.
3) It is a bloody shame this announcement has been made and this great thread which has kept us all entertained for weeks will turn from a shitfight about who should be appointed, into a shitfight about who should have been appointed !!:lol:

What's the bet the pea hearts who wanted him as coach dish up the same f**king garbage that they have since 2011?

I got a feeling half or more of those blokes have been moved on.

I'm not sure I can renew my 2 seats next year, 2 boards have let me down, I'm kinda over this shit now! The players don't want to play for anyone, the board are only interested in what interests them rather than the people who put them there, why should I support this team?

Really struggling to find any interest in the club anymore, they are an absolute disgrace!!

Renew, and then forget about the club till March, hopefully we can see something in the clubs first few games that will inspire you to get interested again.

I don't know what to think of the appointment really. Its not like he's had a decent time to show what he has to offer in his handful of games in charge. On the other hand JT has had a crack at a Head Coach and wasn't overly successful either, so I'm not sure why anyone would have a staunch opinion one way or another. Its not like we gave BA the job over Hasler, Bellamy or Bennett.

Noise

Coach

Good luck to Brad, he was not my first choice, 3 coaches in a row now that I thought/think are a mistake on top of sacking a coach who got us to a GF with 1 year left to go, I'm not happy that I believe we have again made the wrong decision.

You sound like Parra (Raider) Pete. We don't follow the board, we follow the team. Our squad is improving and things are on the up

Gronk

Staff member
You sound like Parra (Raider) Pete. We don't follow the board, we follow the team. Our squad is improving and things are on the up

This is my mindset too. No doubt we will have a Footy GM soon and we can get ready for 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts