What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Jnr - to make a comeback

Stagger eel

Staff member
regardless of this how can he sit on the board when he is talking to other clubs?

he should stand down immediately IMO

even if nobody signs him

Probably because he hasn't identified any club he's talking to, I don't think it's a big issue until he makes a commitment either way, he's probably made more damage with some of the silly things he's said on twitter

murraymob

Coach
If your club does not have better faster wingers coming through than a old Grothe then you are in more trouble than i thought

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
What certain people need to realize is that for most if his 12 year career, egj has been playing busted and has never given his body any time to recover and it obviously took its toll at the end if 2010 when he decided to give it away, so if anyone bothered to hear the podcast that was linked by Gronk would have had everything explained to them by Eric himself, why he left and why the desire to come back and why he thinks he can make a real fist if it,

His detractors and slanderers are going to continue putting shit on him whether or not he succeeds that's not going to change, the funny thing about it if you ask Eric himself who these people are he'll just shrug his shoulders and say 'I don't know' they don't appear to want to show their face anywhere..

I'd offer him a 2nd tier deal only and see how he goes in the off season against these younger guys.

Did he mention Eric's poor attitude in the podcast ?

ParraUnagi

Juniors
If your club does not have better faster wingers coming through than a old Grothe then you are in more trouble than i thought

Sorta what I was getting at. Not meaning to totally bag him. He did some great things for our club. But if he if the best option available, this scares me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Depends how much he's lost since 2009, when he was one of the best attacking wingers in the game. In 2010 he only played eight games due to injury.

I'd say he'd be no less injury prone than he was when he left, and would be unlikely to play 20 games, but while he's on the field he would probably still be NRL quality for speed and strength, given how fast and strong he was at his peak. And 142 games NRL experience is always helpful.

I'm not saying he would be a success - the odds are against him, especially the chance of injury - but if the club measured his physical performance and he was still at the required level then they would be mad not to sign him on a second tier deal.

IFR33K

Coach
Just because EGJ announces a supposed come back, why is everyone assuming its with the eels. WTF.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We're just talking about if he came to the Eels. If he goes somewhere else then who gives a f**k? It's hardly worth discussing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he went to another club then it's simple - if he does poorly we'll be relieved and some merkins will say I told you so. If he does well we'll f**king whinge and look for some merkin to blame. And some merkins will say I told you so.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Didn't Wendell sailor come back from coke in the same vintage, I'd reckon it would at least be comparable. I'd be pretty disappointed if he made a come back and it wasn't for us

strider

Post Whore
If he went to another club then it's simple - if he does poorly we'll be relieved and some merkins will say I told you so. If he does well we'll f**king whinge and look for some merkin to blame. And some merkins will say I told you so.

i'm gonna sit on the fence and then just say "I told you so" either way in the future