What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trials?

ek999

First Grade
The Warriors website article on this says "possibly"... hopefully it is. We need some more televised trials where it's financially possible.

They don't even need to be televised yet, just use a single camera and put them online and see what type of viewing numbers they get. GWS did it for their trials in the AFL this year (using YouTube from memory) and CA are doing it for the Sheffield Shield this year (with shit quality though) so there really is no excuse not to do it.

Put the streams on the NRL website, apps, the clubs websites and their channel on livestream and see how it goes. If you start getting reasonable numbers you might then be able to convince a station or Fox to put some more on TV

roofromoz

First Grade
Panthers v Tigers at Camden on 8 February, according to Gus on Twitter. Will involve NSW Cup, Under 20s and NRL... maybe 3 matches or just 1 with a mix from all 3 squads.

Guessing it'll be either Onslow Park in Camden or Kirkham Park at Elderslie (home of the Rams in Group 6).

flippikat

Bench
They don't even need to be televised yet, just use a single camera and put them online and see what type of viewing numbers they get. GWS did it for their trials in the AFL this year (using YouTube from memory) and CA are doing it for the Sheffield Shield this year (with shit quality though) so there really is no excuse not to do it.

Put the streams on the NRL website, apps, the clubs websites and their channel on livestream and see how it goes. If you start getting reasonable numbers you might then be able to convince a station or Fox to put some more on TV

Actually, that's inspired thinking.. even if the online-only option goes no further, some unobtrusive ads might make it pay it's way.

thorson1987

Coach
Panthers v Tigers at Camden on 8 February, according to Gus on Twitter. Will involve NSW Cup, Under 20s and NRL... maybe 3 matches or just 1 with a mix from all 3 squads.

Guessing it'll be either Onslow Park in Camden or Kirkham Park at Elderslie (home of the Rams in Group 6).

No chance it will be at Onslow.

That ground is used for other sports whereas Kirkham is used solely for league.

Kirkham also has decent lighting.

roofromoz

First Grade
No chance it will be at Onslow.

That ground is used for other sports whereas Kirkham is used solely for league.

Kirkham also has decent lighting.

Yeah, Kirkham is the more logical choice. I mentioned Onslow as I am sure Camden and Narellan has played Group 6 matches there in the past.

thorson1987

Coach
Yeah, Kirkham is the more logical choice. I mentioned Onslow as I am sure Camden and Narellan has played Group 6 matches there in the past.

It was our home ground (Campbelltown Eagles) for a season due to Wests not allowing us and Campbelltown Kangaroos to play in their boundaries after defecting to G6.

Pretty shit ground, no decent change rooms.

And gets ripped up every easter at the Camden Show.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Every 2:30 if they're fair dinkum.

Alice Springs in February :|

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
so how the hell can we playing at alice springs and camden on the same day

Have the Tigers *actually* confirmed the Camden trial?

I've seen a whole bunch of people talking about it but no actual club confirmation.

roofromoz

First Grade
Have the Tigers *actually* confirmed the Camden trial?

I've seen a whole bunch of people talking about it but no actual club confirmation.

The local press (Advertiser and Chronicle) has made no mention of it yet either.

Last edited: