What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0-3 wtf?

Titanic

First Grade
Alright, that's 0-3 and although the Bronx game was an improvement our lack of imagination in attack and poor executions on the 6th tackle are making us look like a Qld Cup team. Comments.... ?

Is Prince past his use-by? Is Walker worth a go over Zillman? Will Friend turn it all around? Centres or second rows in the centres?

beads6

First Grade
Walker is out for 4 weeks suspended. You need a real 6 and some youth. A strike centre would be good for you blokes as well.

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
sorry but you guys wont do well this year. Prince seems to be doing too much. He's just trying too hard and the guys around him just arn't stepping up. It's like prince is on page 1 and the rest are on page 6 or maybe even 12 or 70. You guys need to get a younger squad, get rid of prince and maybe in 2-3 years you will be a force again. Your just too reliant on one man. If prince is injured make room for the wooden spoon.

Eelectrica

Referee
Titans had enough ball to put 50 on. They should have taken notes while Melbourne was runnnig riot - they may have learned something.

Long season ahead for the Titans I think.

Coaster

Bench
Was always going to be a tough start to the season.
5 tough games to begin
disrupted preseason, with a lot of players missing it
first 4 weeks lucky to get back, Mini, Lafranci, Friend, Myers (half our pack)
No set no.6

I mentioned the importance of a good spine in the podcast last week.

Ours is horrible at the moment, we will be a lot better once Friend is back, he controls the speed of the ruck, and gives us room inside our 20. At the moment our only play is Prince crabbing across field, which does not work inside the 20 against a sliding defense. and of course a kick.

The problem with us lies in the number 6.
A halfbacks role is to get a team to inside the 20, and give enough room for the 5/8 to create a scoring a play, Prince does this comfortably.

We need to use a creative 5/8 to get that last 20 meters, and our persistence to use a hole runner with an offload like (Bird, Harrison, Rogers, Hilder) very rarely works close to the line. We have a creative 5/8 in Preston, he won a GF there. But wont be used there as he is a liability in defense, and is better suited to errr hooker(cough cough)

With a spine of
1. Zillman
6. Preston/ (Bird first 20 min maybe)
7. Prince
9. Friend

we will look a lot better, and be back winning games again.
Thank f**k the season is not 3 weeks long, the start is horrible, but nothing we can not turn around, and we have a team that can win 5-6 in a row once on a roll.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
The only people at the Titans doing worse than the players is the Recruitment staff. The Toyota Cup team are embarrassing. No talent there.

Tim Smith

Juniors
I am not a Titans fan but I thought you were a little hard done by on Friday night. I have heard very little about Laffranchi's no try ruling. Why no benefit of the doubt for the attacking team and then another try called a knock on...i could not see the knock on there either. They were crucial calls against you. Having said that I thought there were plenty of opportunities for you to score but just fell short. Broncos last ditch defence was great as well. At least the opportunities were created so maybe brighter days ahead. Prince will have to produce soon, he's too good to be kept quiet for another game.

Coaster

Bench
I am not a Titans fan but I thought you were a little hard done by on Friday night. I have heard very little about Laffranchi's no try ruling. Why no benefit of the doubt for the attacking team and then another try called a knock on...i could not see the knock on there either. They were crucial calls against you. Having said that I thought there were plenty of opportunities for you to score but just fell short. Broncos last ditch defence was great as well. At least the opportunities were created so maybe brighter days ahead. Prince will have to produce soon, he's too good to be kept quiet for another game.

We have had some crazy calls go against us last 3 weeks, if it was a STG, Bulldogs or Broncos, it would be front page of every paper. Best we can do is hope the wheel turns and we get our share of good ones

meatloaf

Juniors
Its not the refs fault. But I dont know whos fault it is the effort is there its just something else is lacking.