What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0 for 2 in 2004

Aries

Bench
2nd last also, and only the Warriors are lower on the table and are also yet to get 2 points!

The thing is, I feel we are playing better than we were under last years Coach... what was that blokes name again?

Manly are SO flogged next week!!

Our odds will rise again tommorrow. That maybe as high as they will get, as we start to win games... They were $31 to win the comp, as of this weekend. I expect 40-1 on Monday... stick a "Lobster" on them...

Sharkie73

Bench
I agree Aries we are playing alot better now than under whats his name again :roll: It was obvious that ET's in put has improved our backs attack and defence enormously. Come on the Eagles :clap: :clap:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Indeed our odds will be juicy.
Our defence appears improved.
We have 3 weeks to get our attack right, then we play a true contender.
We must win the next 3 really, I think we can.
Hopefully Vagana will be the spark thats starts the fire.
Left center remains unresolved.

The Nulla

Juniors
Your dead right Mr Angry, the next 3 matches are must wins. In reality we have only lost 2 away matches so we are not in too much trouble. If we can get back to being unbeatable (or close to it) at Shark Park and then rack up about 35-50% of away matches (starting at the SFS on Saturday week) we will be well placed come finals time.

These next 3 matches will hopefully steer the course for season 2004 and we need every sharks fan attending these next 3 matches, especially at the match against Souths. Im glad they got up today because I think they would be much harder to beat if they hadnt won a match going into it.

Houdini

First Grade
I am confident that it will be 3/5 in a few short weeks.
The team has already showed a marked improvement on last year, and I am sure we will continue to improve throughout the season. A couple of wins will also boost the teams confidence.

The Popper

Bench
The Nulla said:
Your dead right Mr Angry, the next 3 matches are must wins. In reality we have only lost 2 away matches so we are not in too much trouble. If we can get back to being unbeatable (or close to it) at Shark Park and then rack up about 35-50% of away matches (starting at the SFS on Saturday week) we will be well placed come finals time.

And if we don't we can always blame Anderson. That right, Aries? Blacktip? Watcha all reckon?

Aries

Bench
The Popper said:
The Nulla said:

And if we don't we can always blame Anderson. That right, Aries? Blacktip? Watcha all reckon?

Who's Anderson?

BTW Popper, I named my anchor on my boat Anderson. TRULY!! :lol: :lol:

ANCHOR ANDERSON
A big dead weight
Design hasn't changed in decades
It holds me in the one place
It stops me from going with the flow
If not kept on board and in line it will hold your progress back
If fixated you can cut it loose
If fixated be sure to cut loose correctly or damage may occur

Macca

Coach
I think next Saturday night might be a special night. A big win followed by the opening of the Immortals bar and the rest of the renovations. I am really looking forward to it.

Docking

Juniors
ShireShark said:
I'll be surprised if Vagana plays next week

Regardless, I'll be putting money down on us

Do you think his shoulder is still not right? When do you think he'll be back?

Houdini

First Grade
I keep hearing that it will be at least round 4 until Vagana returns, but this was in todays paper -

"The Sharks are hoping to receive a major lift this week with Kiwi test centre Nigel Vagana to seek a medical clearance on his shoulder injury. if Vagana is passed fit he will return against the Sea Eagles." - daily telegraph

shadowboxer

First Grade
raper on the radio on saturday felt it would be another two weeks at least, then again i reckon hes keeping his cards pretty close to his chest.

Do you think his shoulder is still not right? When do you think he'll be back?

I wouldnt be surprised if he was 4-6 weeks away minimum but I sure hope the Telegraph was right and that he'll be back this week.

I'd prefer they delay his comeback and not risk him though than bring him back prematurely.

I agree that we are playing better this season, and we showing more potential as a team. However, we are still runnning second last, and I'm not sure how consistent this side is. Which team will show up on Saturday night. The Manly game is a Grand final come early. It's a must win, or we can start to forget about top 4 this year.

Aries

Bench
Sheros los Deros said:
I agree that we are playing better this season, and we showing more potential as a team. However, we are still runnning second last, and I'm not sure how consistent this side is. Which team will show up on Saturday night. The Manly game is a Grand final come early. It's a must win, or we can start to forget about top 4 this year.

You CAN forget about the top 4 this year mate. We were never going to make it anyway. I'd worry more if we don't make the top 8... Lately I feel sure ALL will be answered over the next month, looking at the draw in the next month!

DJDL

Bench
Yeah the draw for the next month, and the performance of Saturday night, has me salivating.

Bring it on!! :D

Latest posts