What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

07 Season tickets??

I know that the office is closed but does Jeffles or Bluebag have any info on the season ticket packages for this season?
I remember reading somewhere that they are going to be a bit different this year but the website hasn't got any news about them yet.

Jeffles

Bench
There is no news essentially becuase we have not confirmed the packages. I suppose however that I can reveal some detail.

Packages will most likely be available in the following classes.

Full Season in The Jet Set Lounge.
Full Season
Family Pack (Ten Games + 2 Kids Packs)
Six Games
Three Games
One Game (Adult)
One game (Pensioner).

That's seven different classes of membership. The PL draw is not yet finalised so we do not know how many home games we are getting. We have to wait so we can set prices accordingly. We also have to do costings to see what merchandise and other benefits we can incorporate into the packages though it is mostly finalised. Not all memberships will come with merchandise vouchers. Some may come with merchandise discount privileges instead (To Be Confirmed). The One Game packages will offer nothing in the way of vouchers/discount cards.

We want to encourage people to move up a class of membership. Financially speaking, a strong membership base provides a good income stream and is more efficient for club staff. There is not much difference processing a 6 game membership compared to a season pass, so we'd rather process the season pass. If you look at any elite sporting club in Australia, you will see that they have a strong membership base.

Membership is the best value for getting tickets to Henson Park and it helps staff on the turnstiles because it is easier to process a pre-purchased pass. And really it's not that expensive at all. You cannot get into an NRL game for less that $15 nowadays. When a season pass is a shade over $100 (final price TBC), we're talking good value here for around a dozen Saturday afternoons. I know not all people can afford it but for a lot of us who can, we should help out. It helps the Jets staff and the member themselves gets good value.

So there are three big changes (as well as a few small ones):

1) Jet Set Lounge Access - give people the opportunity of experiencing a more sophisticated match day experience. This is wth a view towards widening our network and getting more sponsors/function attendees.

2) Family pack - The Junior Jets days show the benefit of bringing families to the game. The players like having more kids there to worship them and families experience a cheap day out. The new packages provide families with a bit more value and tries to get kids supporting the Jets at a younger age (the formative years :p ).

3) Merchandise discount (TBC) - this rewards all people. Importantly, people save more if they buy more Jets merchandise.

Jenny is due back from holidays in a couple of weeks. We all wsh her well. She's broken her ankle trekking the Great Wall of China just after Xmas (probably drunk - I'm saying that because she may read this) and has had to undergo an operation.

Membership programmes will be confirmed in the first week the office re-opens and they should be mailed out to existing members afterwards. At the same time, an email will go out to the mailing list calling for other people to join.

Thanks for the info Jeffles, can't wait for the season to start.

Don't suppose you've got any inside info on the merchandise front? Any new lines in the pipeline? Will the club be doing a sponsored players jersey this year? As last year they didn't, most dissapointing...

Jeffles

Bench
There were a lot of problems with our jersey suppliers last year. It got quite ugly. I know fans were upset but I can tell you the merchandise people were not too pleased either.

Don't know what new stuff is coming up but knowing Steve and looking at the trends of the past few years, there will be things in the pipeline.

Maybe it's time to resurrect Frank Hyde's Rugby League board game with Newtown Jets branding. :p

Jeffles said:
Jenny is due back from holidays in a couple of weeks. We all wsh her well. She's broken her ankle trekking the Great Wall of China just after Xmas (probably drunk - I'm saying that because she may read this) and has had to undergo an operation.

Yikes. I hope she's O.K. - and also that the op wasn't done here in China. Believe me, I wouldn't trust these folks to put on a band-aid without maiming you.

You mention that last year's jersey set-up was less than ideal.

Me, I'm still waiting for a reply to my several e-mails to certain people (just one would do).

Regards,
TDT-1
in Shanghai (where it's REALLY feckin' cold at the moment!)

koslecki

Juniors
Jeffles said:
gees jeffles, thats a bit harsh saying he was drunk! I hear the wall is a very slippery place and that at this time of year it si the most treachous! I have spoken to afew at the cluband they said she is on her way to recovering but will be on crutches for 6 weeks!

Bluebag

Juniors
Koslecki is a norious drinker, legend has it the he recently drank 48 schooners in a 10 hour session on Xmas day (just to be sociable) and felt no ill effects.

Meanwhile, is it true Jeffles that you are planning a fundraising walk the length of the great wall for the Jets, My tip is that it will be a super fast time and that is if your walk at normal speed.

Bluebag said:
Meanwhile, is it true Jeffles that you are planning a fundraising walk the length of the great wall for the Jets, My tip is that it will be a super fast time and that is if your walk at normal speed.

So Jeffles is that dude that power walks around Henson on match day?

Can't wait for the season to start. I have been helping my sister renovate her house over the past 2 months and her back fence is the wall to henson. Just looking at that brick wall....:lol:

Jeffles

Bench
Koslecki, you are right that the Great Wall can be slippery this time of year but Bluebag's reports of Jenny's skills with the schooner glass are no exaggeration. If anything, he's understating it for the sake of the club's reputation. Jenny has been known to blackout after big sessions This probably led to her fall on the wall. On the bright side, she was probably so liquored up that she wouldn't have felt much.

brendothejet

First Grade
jenny is a bandit for the schooners.

As an added incentive for the season passes jeffles why don't you propose that anyone who DOESN'T buy one gets a BTJ t-shirt and a compulsory evening at my seminar series, BrendotheJet: Hard times, Hard Footy.

???

brendothejet said:

As an added incentive for the season passes jeffles why don't you propose that anyone who DOESN'T buy one gets a BTJ t-shirt and a compulsory evening at my seminar series, BrendotheJet: Hard times, Hard Footy.

???

3 season passes sold!

brendothejet

First Grade
Youmean hotter don't you Jeffles???

I mean they were already running hot with people asking for more BTJ information..

...or complaining about my merchandise stealing the Jets brand :O

brendothejet said:

???

That's another five season tickets sold. Me, the girlfriend, the cat, Mum & Dad!

With the imminent moving of home games to Telstra, we'll get better crowds than Souths do there!