What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R1 Sat :: Sea Eagles 10 Sharks 16 @ Brookvale

Sea Eagles v Sharks - Round 1 Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSIH

Bench
Clearly forward.

Sharks defo the better side, but fmd I haven't seen a worse video ref decision than that Manly no try. Classic Greg Bird dive.

coolumsharkie

Referee
MSIH said:
Clearly forward.

Sharks defo the better side, but fmd I haven't seen a worse video ref decision than that Manly no try. Classic Greg Bird dive.

yeah right!!!

Both were tries imo. Accidental shot on Bird .. who missed the ball and was falling and clearly got polaxed.

Y2Eel

First Grade
MSIH said:
Clearly forward.

It was a penalty He was taken high accident or not its a penalty.. They get pulled up all the time especially this season...

Jono078

Referee
Anyone got a gif of the Perry hit on Ross?

That was monsterous!

Shame he didnt do that while playing for us..

How did he go in general anyway?

Big Pete

Referee
What a scrappy affair however if I was a Sharks fan I would be extremely satisfied with that victory. A win at Brookie tends to come rare for most sides, so congratulations.

While Manly, what the hell has happened? B. Stewart, J. Lyon and M. Ballin were kept silent and there was next to no creativity. Besides Watmough there wasn't too much to like. Lets hope for you're side it was only early season jitters.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Jono078 said:

That was monsterous!

What run at other players with his head? Well i guess it would have got some use...

coolumsharkie

Referee
Jono078 said:

That was monsterous!

He was the best prop on the field for manly.

Once Ross went off Dougy stood up like the champion he is. (for us)

circling eagle

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
It was a penalty He was taken high accident or not its a penalty.. They get pulled up all the time especially this season...

That was no worse than crokers hit on stewart in the GF, yet that was fine....... as I said earlier, sharks deserved to win, manly rudderless in attack.

BWNB

First Grade
MSIH said:
Clearly forward.

Your getting confused with gallen f**khead, when did bird dive?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Congratz to the Sharks, gutsy win

tbh, i thought both teams were awful, but the sharks were the best of the bad sides and played the better footy

gong_eagle

First Grade
Good Gutsy win for you Sharks
Manly's so called attack is woeful
Lyon to centre in place of Bell (who is sadly not the player he was) and try Le Strange at 5/8

Timmah said:
TACKLES
MAN 233 CRO 286
Glenn Stewart (MAN) 32
Matt Ballin (MAN) 30
Paul Gallen (CRO) 30​

POSSESSION Sea Eagles 47% Sharks 53%

COMPLETION
Sea Eagles 71% - 32/45
Sharks 59% - 22/37​

So the Sharks make 50 more tackles, and Manly have ten more sets of six than the Sharks. How did the Sharks have more possession than Manly?​

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
a classic encounter by 2 champion sides, well 1 definetly, manly are yet to prove themself thsi year.

the sharks have shown the force they are and that we arent just genuine top 8 contenders but premiership contenders already.

unlucky manly, you tried hard but probably didnt have the fluency and talent the sharks had.

Dutchy

Immortal
How Soft is Ross????

Got knocked out by the Marshmellow of all people

400k a year for sum1 who gets knocked out in rd 1 by a spongecake

coolumsharkie

Referee
Beavers Headgear said:
Congratz to the Sharks, gutsy win

tbh, i thought both teams were awful, but the sharks were the best of the bad sides and played the better footy

Don't know about that, good forwards game, tough and close.. everyone drops the pill and makes stupid errors this time of year.

Manly just needs some more options, Lyon doesn't seem to have much to do with the ball.

In 10 weeks time we'll know whos looking good.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sheros los Deros said:
[/center]
So the Sharks make 50 more tackles, and Manly have ten more sets of six than the Sharks. How did the Sharks have more possession than Manly?​

Turns out it was 49-51 not 47-53 but at the end of it all, Sharks still dominated possession slightly.