What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R1 Sat :: Sea Eagles 10 Sharks 16 @ Brookvale

Sea Eagles v Sharks - Round 1 Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wittyfan

Referee
effnic said:
You want evidence? I think the sharks winning only 4 times at brookie in a total of 32 games is evidence enough for me franks very much.

Franks indeed. :lol:

effnic

Bench
f**king bird the pathetic diver, how can the video ref not award that try to Bani, didnt he watch the gf so croker gets away with much worse.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
A little late on this one, but the no-try VR call was one of the worst ever. Extraordinary that a video ref can have so little understanding of the game.

dannyboy

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
a classic encounter by 2 champion sides, well 1 definetly, manly are yet to prove themself thsi year.

the sharks have shown the force they are and that we arent just genuine top 8 contenders but premiership contenders already.

unlucky manly, you tried hard but probably didnt have the fluency and talent the sharks had.

BBSF, we haven't got to the mid-season 7-10 match losing sequence yet, synonymous with the Sharks usual season performance.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
coolumsharkie said:
Don't know about that, good forwards game, tough and close.. everyone drops the pill and makes stupid errors this time of year.

Manly just needs some more options, Lyon doesn't seem to have much to do with the ball.

In 10 weeks time we'll know whos looking good.

Not trying to take anything away from the Sharks at all, they were by far the better side, but i don't think they would be happy with their overall game, but happy with the guts shown. Execution form boths side was very poor, but i guess both sides can take away their defensive efforts

pretty good defense from both sides.

dunno how we got away with that no try. still, the simmo pass was flat if you ask me. at least straight up.

sharks did good with limited interchange and ross etc.

still not enough repeat sets. also..f**king ridiculous play after we had the lead. offloads that weren't needed...my god. what a stupid team.

good to win.

wittyfan

Referee
effnic said:
f**king bird the pathetic diver, how can the video ref not award that try to Bani, didnt he watch the gf so croker gets away with much worse.

Jason Croker?

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Sharks will go so much better with Seymour at 5/8th this year. If Green or someone steps up and takes Noddy's spot, they will be real contenders.

Inferno

Coach
The Manly fans performance off the field was worse than the Manly performance on.

2 people close to me were hit with flying cans, 1 of which was half full.

And a rear window of a bus full of shark fans was shattered after some asshat hurled a glass bottle at it. Just thankful no one got hurt, but it will be a while before I go back to that sh*thole.

Garts

Bench
Inferno said:
The Manly fans performance off the field was worse than the Manly performance on.

2 people close to me were hit with flying cans, 1 of which was half full.

And a rear window of a bus full of shark fans was shattered after some asshat hurled a glass bottle at it. Just thankful no one got hurt, but it will be a while before I go back to that sh*thole.

I got stuck in front of some real knobs there at a game last season, it is a shame that some spoil it for others. They were total knobs and I was extremely embarrassed they were cheering on Manly, I guess we all have some!!!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Had a similar experience last year

Was on the Hill, few Souths supporters in the group, and these 2 morons went absolutely feral about how they were going to kill one of the blokes etc, i was copping abuse as well but laughed the bloke off

runatme

Bench
effnic said:

hahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha have a cry