What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R19 Fri :: Sea Eagles 28 Eels 10 @ Brookvale

Round 19 Result :: Sea Eagles v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gong_eagle

First Grade
How bad was Killer's injury? Medial Ligaments can be season ending.

the medial isn't the bad one, the cruciate is.
After checking on the internet, it says that for a grade 1 tear 1-2 weeks , for a grade 3 tear, up to 6 weeks
The medial ligament is the one on the inside of the knee to stabilise

gong_eagle

First Grade
Yes.

And when is D. Williams shaving? What is it with Manly wingers and the caveman look?

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

Patorick

Staff member
Thought for sure we'd lose after Parra scored the first try and Lyon got injured.

So happy to be proven wrong.

effnic

Bench
Gotta thanks parra for David Williams, oh hell lets thanks parra for half our team next year.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Werewolf runs amok at Brookie

By Nick Walshaw

July 18, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24043332-5001023,00.html

THERE was a full moon over Brookvale Oval and a werewolf on the loose.

Manly winger David Williams, arguably the hairiest NRL star since Geoff Robinson, bagged 12 points as the Sea Eagles scored their second improbable win over Parramatta for 2008.

Sure, 'Choc' Watmough was ferocious and fullback Brett Stewart provided one of the year's great flick passes. But still the crowd cheered loudest for Williams.

This is a rugby league cult hero who almost never was. He dodged death during childhood when he was rushed to hospital with a tree branch - yes, a tree branch - protruding from his stomach.

The story goes that "Werewolf" was climbing a giant eucalypt or something similar in his neighbour's back yard - chasing a paper aeroplane of all things - when he slipped and fell. A rogue branch pierced his stomach and finished only millimetres from his liver.

But not even a tree planted bang in the middle of Brookie could've stopped him last night.

Because after appearing on The Footy Show on Thursday night, Werewolf kicked his hairy highlights reel into top gear against the Eels - causing plenty of mayhem on the right flank and booting goals in the absence of Orford.

A former Parramatta junior, his efforts only added further insult to the Eels, who suffered their third consecutive loss, while cementing himself as a new Brookvale favourite.

But there were plenty of home-grown heroes to pick from last night.

Because despite looking more M*A*S*H than Manly, the Eagles still went to the break leading 10-6 thanks largely to the work of Matt Ballin and Williams.

Ballin gave the hosts their first points in the 28th minute when he burrowed between three defenders to score beside the posts. The Wolf duly converted.

cupid

Juniors
Did anyone here what happened to Michael Bani, one of the commentators said he did his shoulder, then I accidentally changed the channel right when he said it, so does anyone know how long he is out for?

effnic

Bench
Did anyone here what happened to Michael Bani, one of the commentators said he did his shoulder, then I accidentally changed the channel right when he said it, so does anyone know how long he is out for?
Pretty sure he is gone for the rest of the season, i think it was a dislocated shoulder, i better get rid of my sig now cause he has no chance of leading try scorer.

Latest posts