What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R2 Sat :: Knights 13 Sea Eagles 12 @ EnergyAustralia

Knights v Sea Eagles - Round 2 Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wittyfan

Referee
Nikki said:
:lol: Yeah, its still February in my house ;-)

:lol:

You should get the book too, lots more pics of him and a few with Heathy and John Williams together!

The BigFella

Juniors
Manly looked pretty average tonight. But that was easily the work referee performance of the past 12 mnths. Cumming and Russell Smith are going to destroy alot of games this year.
Des has to realise soon that J Lyon is not a 5/8, at the moment he is only just a 1st grade player, put him in the centre's !!!!!

Scaven

Juniors
That was the most disgraceful refereeing I have ever seen. I mean they can't even get it right with 10 looks at the video. Also when will Des realize that Lyon is not a playmaker.

JB

Juniors
Lyon may not be a 5/8s testicle but if you want someone to blame for that loss, look no further than Josh Perry.

13 or so min's left, Manly ahead 12 -6. Game is there for the taking, just dont do anything stupid, and Perry goes and gives them 2 bite's of the cherry.
The first a penalty for a ridiculous headbutt in which Fa'aso drops the ball with line in sight. The second - spills the pill in a Buderus tackle, and in the following movement Fa'aso does cross to score the equaliser.

Ah well, at least a Wicks/Perry fued should be entertaining in the years to come.

Apey

Staff member
Oh my f**king god go the Knights!!! :D Great atmosphere at the game!

I thought the referee was atrocious both ways, some of the calls and penalties around the middle were dreadful for both teams, still, happy to come away with the win. Our attack definitely needs some work but can't complain!

WOOOO! :crazy: :D

NthKnight

:clap:Big ups to the Manly supporters on this forum. There is minimal whinging about the ref costing you the game and all have shown grace in defeat. Great sports all

Garts

Bench
I am complaining, just not about the ref. We played like a park footy side and our forwards were mia. Newey kept making 50 metres every set, we were doing 25 to 30. We did not deserve the 2 points.

The BigFella

Juniors
i think most eagles fan are accepting that you can't blame the ref when you throw away so many opportunities. The headbutt by Josh Perry was the dumbest peice of RL I have ever witnessed. Followed closely by the pushed passes by Cuthbertson. And then the worst attempted bomb in years by J Lyon
DUMB DUMB AND DUMBER!!!

The BigFella

Juniors
Don't get me wrong the 2 idiots in contol of this game Cumming and Smith were disgraceful, but Manly have more demons than those 2 too worry about.

mrbishi

Juniors
dead set Josh Perry wtf did you do that for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully he gets a suspension out of it or dessie drops him, id rather see glen hall or jack on the bench, beaver starting, willow playing park footy, i thought bell went ok this week.

But one thing that keeps pissing me off, mona's is gone, so i wish people would shut the f#*k up over it, he wanted to play half, we couldnt so we let him go, get over it, and remember when mona's was the starting 7, for the whole season, not last year when manly started on fire, but before orford came, manly did nothing those years, he's a massive loss, but get over it!!!!

manly should of won this game, but a headbutt when packing down the scrum, when you have the fed in front of the ref in good field position, words escape me!!!!!!

mrbishi

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Manly would've won that with Monas there.

yeah just like they would of won it if cliffy, kosef and ridge where playing :lol: , mona's played for us yes, but he doesnt anymore, get the f**k over it.

If i, a manly fan for the past 25 years can accept it, surely other f**kwit fans can get over it. :)

effnic

Bench
No Witt would of just kicked the ball out on the full every kickoff, we would of got done by more.

Knight87

Juniors
Nah, the Sea Eagles would've definitely won if they had Monaghan out there. Manly treated him like crap, like he was an average player, and now they're about to find out how valuable he really was to the Eagles.

LOL! Just gotta laugh at Danny Wicks when he got psyched up at Josh Perry after Perry headbutted him. LOL! Reminded me a lot of the Spud/Chief clash in 1995. Perry (aka "Teddy Bear") deserved to be suspended over that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fugg me, Manly's halves are woeful. Neither team deserved to win for the first 70... neither looked like playing anything like a decent game, Newcastle were just too good in the last 10 and the GP/ET.

Great to see Newie get up and proud to be part of a very solid crowd given the conditions. 18k in poor weather in a club match vs 16k in great weather for a soccer prelim final... and apparently the Jets have taken over Newcastle? Hmmm...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh and I have absolutely NO doubt Perry will be cited by the MRC on Monday, what a dog act. Should've been binned or sent.

Latest posts