What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R2 Sat :: Knights 13 Sea Eagles 12 @ EnergyAustralia

Knights v Sea Eagles - Round 2 Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terminator

First Grade
mrbishi said:
dead set Josh Perry wtf did you do that for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: LOL as a Knights supporter I really emphasis with this and know where your coming from.
He is a good solid prop, but lets face it he has the brain of a mule.

LOL as a Knights supporter I really emphasis with this and know where your coming from.
He is a good solid prop, but lets face it he has the brain of a mule.

and any remaining cells would have taken a battering last week.

it seems manly have adopted the sharks formula of scoring 2 tries a game and losing narrowly. with the added bonus of an ex melbourne halfback! its only been 2 weeks and they've nearly perfected it.

still. i thought newcastle were lucky with the "no advantage call".

Stranger

Coach
Wow, i did not see the knights having such a great start to the season. Fugg me!

BOOO YEAH! I was jumping up and down at home when we won. Missus thought i had gone nuts!

Can't blame Benny, he gave calls both ways.

gong_eagle

First Grade
JB said:
Lyon may not be a 5/8s testicle but if you want someone to blame for that loss, look no further than Josh Perry.

13 or so min's left, Manly ahead 12 -6. Game is there for the taking, just dont do anything stupid, and Perry goes and gives them 2 bite's of the cherry.
The first a penalty for a ridiculous headbutt in which Fa'aso drops the ball with line in sight. The second - spills the pill in a Buderus tackle, and in the following movement Fa'aso does cross to score the equaliser.

Ah well, at least a Wicks/Perry fued should be entertaining in the years to come.

there was about 3 minutes left

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh who fuggin cares idiot - the moron from your team had a brain explosion and rooted your teams chances of winning.

Timmah

Staff member
MATCH ROUND-UP

nwc-main.jpg

Newcastle
TRIES Richard Fa'aoso, Chris Houston
GOALS Kurt Gidley 2/3
FIELD GOALS Scott Dureau 1/1

man-alt.jpg

Manly Warringah
TRIES Jamie Lyon, Michael Bani
GOALS Matt Orford 2/2
FIELD GOALS Matt Orford 0/2

CROWD 18,117
HALFTIME Sea Eagles 6-2
PENALTIES Knights 9-7
SCRUMS Knights 13-8

POSITIVES
TACKLES
NWC 290 MAN 329
Matt Ballin (MAN) 39
Danny Buderus (NWC) 38
Glenn Stewart (MAN) 37

HIT-UPS
NWC 79 MAN 68
Dan Tolar (NWC) 13
Jesse Royal (NWC) 11
Anthony Watmough (MAN) 11
Glenn Stewart (MAN) 11
Jason King (MAN) 11

LINE BREAKS
NWC 4 MAN 2
Chris Houston, Richard Fa'aoso, Zeb Ta'ia, Keith Lulia (NWC) 1
Matt Orford, Michael Bani (MAN) 1

NEGATIVES
ERRORS
NWC 10 MAN 14
Jamie Lyon (MAN) 2
Matt Orford (MAN) 2
Josh Perry (MAN) 2
Cooper Vuna (NWC) 2

MISSED TACKLES
NWC 25 MAN 27
Anthony Watmough (MAN) 6
Danny Buderus (NWC) 5
Steve Menzies (MAN) 4
Danny Wicks (NWC) 4

POSSESSION Knights 52% Sea Eagles 48%

COMPLETION
Knights 84% - 37/44
Sea Eagles 73% - 31/42

TOYOTA CUP RESULT KNIGHTS 22 SEA EAGLES 12
NSW CUP CENTRAL NEWCASTLE 40 BULLDOGS 18
NSW CUP NORTH SYDNEY 28 MANLY WARRINGAH 20

All stats courtesy of NRL.com and NewcastleKnights.com

Garts

Bench
Perry might be able to get off the head butt, they were packing into the scrum and Wicks had his head up whinging at the ref so he might be able to use that as an arguement/defence. However I have no doubt it was on purpose.

Garts

Bench
Timmah said:
Oh who fuggin cares idiot - the moron from your team had a brain explosion and rooted your teams chances of winning.

:lol: Coming from you. No need to be all testy just because Gong posts some articles in the forums and you feel like he is moving in on your territory.

Timmah

Staff member
WTF? I just think he's stupid - debating a moot point when at either juncture (3 minutes or 13...) the moron cost you the game.

Garts

Bench
Timmah said:
WTF? I just think he's stupid - debating a moot point when at either juncture (3 minutes or 13...) the moron cost you the game.

Saying there was only 3 minutes left is valid imo, as it shows just how close we were to winning before that genius Perry had a brain explosion. With 13 minutes left still plenty of action left in the game. And I think you will find that he has said that Perry cost us the game, he is not denying that.

lockyno1

Post Whore
No Heath, no wins for Manly. Says it all. I rate Balin as a solid hooker, but Heath has ballskills, and you need him on the bench.

Timmah

Staff member
Locky get off it. Ballin was one of the only blokes trying to save that game yesterday, he made Orford and Lyon look good.

Garts

Bench
Timmah said:
What odds he gets dropped?

Knowing Des no, there is no doubt he is dumb arse however he was going ok for us, just need to get the dumb sh!t from his game, thats probably impossible.

I also doubt Des will drop anyone :crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Locky get off it. Ballin was one of the only blokes trying to save that game yesterday, he made Orford and Lyon look good.

Trying doesn't get you points. Heath creates points. Even put him on the bench with the view of moving him to 6, Lyon to centre

t-ba

Post Whore
This is one of those games where I'm happy my memory kind of stops at the intercept try in the Toyota cup game.

I also missed the train...apparently.

Latest posts