What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R2 Sun :: Warriors 30 Eels 16 @ Mt Smart

Round 2 Result - Warriors v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grail

Juniors
Dr Crane said:
Why? Had you paid him off or something?

My initial response to that try was that Vatuvei knocked the ball on into the chest (was it Mannering) in goal before getting control of it and planting it.

However, the replays they showed weren't bringing that little bobble into focus enough to really determine if he did knock it on or not.

Saying that, I'm happy for it to be called a try. Was never going to change the result IMO.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Grail said:
My initial response to that try was that Vatuvei knocked the ball on into the chest (was it Mannering) in goal before getting control of it and planting it.

However, the replays they showed weren't bringing that little bobble into focus enough to really determine if he did knock it on or not.

Saying that, I'm happy for it to be called a try. Was never going to change the result IMO.

The ball didn't touch Mannering at all.

blain

Juniors
sonny fai? didnt get the ball alot, had a few good runs, dropped it in a tackle once, his defence seemed pretty solid. want to see more of him though.

did his job.

Grail

Juniors
Manu Vatuvei said:
The ball didn't touch Mannering at all.

How can you be so sure, when the replays didn't show a concise angle?
And if you read what I said, you'll note that I was happy for it to be a try regardless.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I think too much is being looked into with Vatuvei's second try. Watch it in real time it was fine. Slowing it up will obviously bring doubts. He did look like he did a funny juggle but never let go of the ball.

Grail

Juniors
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
I think too much is being looked into with Vatuvei's second try. Watch it in real time it was fine. Slowing it up will obviously bring doubts. He did look like he did a funny juggle but never let go of the ball.

Roll me in flour and call me a bagel, but you NZ fans don't read what people actually say do you?

eels_fan_01

Bench
Good win by the Warriors and good luck for the rest of the year, its going to be a nightmare to tip them for me though.

Still the NZ commentators give me the sh*ts. They wet themselves over Manu catching the ball but showed little to no emotion for Reddys try which i thought was pretty good.

lockyno1

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:
Good win by the Warriors and good luck for the rest of the year, its going to be a nightmare to tip them for me though.

Still the NZ commentators give me the sh*ts. They wet themselves over Manu catching the ball but showed little to no emotion for Reddys try which i thought was pretty good.

My genral rule with the Warriors- tip them at home every match and only tip them away when I am certain.