What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R24 Sat Dbl Hdr :: Bulldogs 12 Eels 26 @ ANZ

Round 24 Result :: DH Game 1 :: Bulldogs v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
Eels don't deserve to be in finals. The message it sends out if they make it is you can dog it most of the year and pull out a few flukey wins and get a finals berth. I know my team doesn't deserve to be there either (unless we can really lift and beat big teams)
Knights are more deserving because they have a dig every week.

Apey

Staff member
Eels don't deserve to be in finals. The message it sends out if they make it is you can dog it most of the year and pull out a few flukey wins and get a finals berth. I know my team doesn't deserve to be there either (unless we can really lift and beat big teams)
Knights are more deserving because they have a dig every week.

yep :(

but sh*t happens. Loss against the sharks 16 - 13, warriors 18 - 16, and roosters 18 - 16 will be the death of us (knights).

Ah well, congrats Parra on the win.

mattyg

Bench
we definately had a go...very dissapointing loss though when we were a much better team for most of the match. We just didnt capitalise on our millions of opportunities and as soon as parra got one they'd score. Then giving away dumb penalties and kicking it out on the full on the kickoff was the final straw. If Eels play like that against Storm in the semis, expect a record finals scoreline though, they were attrocious!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can think of at least three teams that deserve to be obliterated in week one, and none are Parramatta. By rights, particularly on last night's performance, the Eels should finish no higher than 10th.

Eelectrica

Referee
I can think of at least three teams that deserve to be obliterated in week one, and none are Parramatta. By rights, particularly on last night's performance, the Eels should finish no higher than 10th.
So if we finish 8th, teams below us deserve a finals spot more? :?

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: Idiot.

I'm saying you don't deserve to finish in the top eight, at all.

mxlegend99

Referee
So if we finish 8th, teams below us deserve a finals spot more? :?
With how the Eels have played this year, they don't. On their day they are worthy top 4 contenders... but they haven't been anywhere near consistant or impressive enough to deserve a finals spot.

Titans, Warriors, and Knights all deserve a spot in the top 8 ahead of the Eels, and to a slightly lesser extend, so do the Eels and Dragons.

Eelectrica

Referee
:lol: Idiot.

I'm saying you don't deserve to finish in the top eight, at all.
I get that.
But at the end of the day I don't see how a team that finishes below us would deserve a spot in the finals ahead of us. Yes we suck, but a team that finishes below us must surely suck even more.

I've followed the Titans all year, and injuries have screwed their season, no doubt, but there were games they could have won but didn't when they were at full strength.

Timmah

Staff member
I get that.
But at the end of the day I don't see how a team that finishes below us would deserve a spot in the finals ahead of us. Yes we suck, but a team that finishes below us must surely suck even more.

I've followed the Titans all year, and injuries have screwed their season, no doubt, but there were games they could have won but didn't when they were at full strength.

I just think you've gotten away with a few lucky wins, and there are teams that have put in far more than your mob and yet you guys are sitting prettier. An ordinary year out Parra way and there are more deserving teams, that's JMO.

scottyeel

Bench
With how the Eels have played this year, they don't. On their day they are worthy top 4 contenders... but they haven't been anywhere near consistant or impressive enough to deserve a finals spot.

Titans, Warriors, and Knights all deserve a spot in the top 8 ahead of the Eels, and to a slightly lesser extend, so do the Eels and Dragons.
Titans have lost 1 more game than the Eels and Warriors are equal on points with todays game in hand and yet both have a far worse F/A.
Yeah, they really deserve a spot.:lol:

scottyeel

Bench
I just think you've gotten away with a few lucky wins, and there are teams that have put in far more than your mob and yet you guys are sitting prettier. An ordinary year out Parra way and there are more deserving teams, that's JMO.
We still have the same amount of wins with 2 games to play as the dogs last year yet they finished 6th. I'm sure you think they deserved to be there last year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Titans have lost 1 more game than the Eels and Warriors are equal on points with todays game in hand and yet both have a far worse F/A.
Yeah, they really deserve a spot.:lol:
Both of those teams have been better then the Eels for the majority of the season. The Eels have a couple of wins which they didn't deserve... and those teams have had injuries to key players holding the back.

The Eels are capable of being one of the best teams in the NRL, yet they failed to smash the Bulldogs who are at their lowest point in years.

scottyeel

Bench
Both of those teams have been better then the Eels for the majority of the season. The Eels have a couple of wins which they didn't deserve... and those teams have had injuries to key players holding the back.

The Eels are capable of being one of the best teams in the NRL, yet they failed to smash the Bulldogs who are at their lowest point in years.
So which wins didn't they deserve?