What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R3 Sat :: Roosters 10 Storm 6 @ SFS

Round 3 Result :: Roosters v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Ace

Bench
Brilliant Roosters defence won that. A deserved win.

In other news, Falou looks like the slowest man on earth. I don't think he is but it looks like he's just lumbering around out there.

Ice777

Bench
Even if we had've stole it in the end there's no way in hell we deserved it. We played like sh*t but much of that can be attributed to the Chooks not letting us play well. It looks like we learned f**k all from the corresponding game last year and quite clearly the better team won.

Trentski

Juniors
If melb stole it in the end off that bs call off the kick off, shayne haynes head IMHO should of roled

lotti

Bench
Max Power said:
Brilliant Roosters defence won that. A deserved win.

In other news, Falou looks like the slowest man on earth. I don't think he is but it looks like he's just lumbering around out there.
he'll do better once he's made up his mind who he's playing for next year.

Fairfax

Juniors
Great win to our boys. Storm weren't dead until the bell went... Great win against worthy opponents. Thanks Storm!

Mr Saab

Referee
Garts said:
They will be back for sure, too much class in that side.

You would think so but who would have thought the Dogs of 2005 and Tigers of 06 to miss the 8...and for the Broncos to just scrape in in 2007.

redreg

Juniors
Average reffing almost cost Roosters like last week. There were about half a dozen forward passes that went unnoticed, as well as all the time the storm took holding up the play the ball. Don't know how that was out on the full from Anasta's kick at the end there along with that dodgy call against Pearce for tackling Slater in the air even though he was going for it.

Would of been injustice if the storm had won in the end. Bunch of arrogant whinging cheats they are, especially Cameron Smith (Buderus and Farah are 3 times the player he is).

Overall great defense from the Roosters and probably deserved more points but because we were unable to capatalise on storm errors as well as errors of our own we nearly lost it in the end.

Really please with Myles and Pearce. Both stepped up a level.

D

Deleted member 10972

Roosters played with an unbelievable amount of heart. Admittedly, with the team they have, they should be scoring a LOT more points, their backline still leaves a LOT to be desired in terms of the ability to really finish off movements. But their forwards are making great metres, & their defence is very strong, it is taking scrappy kicks & hoping for errors by SKD & Amos to bring about tries. Storm looked out of sorts, but admittedly again, for an out of sorts team they still gave Roosters a hell of a run for their money. Great game.

Folau did look slow, but Perrett missed 8 tackles defending against Folau, & he did make a few great charges. No offence to Sammy though, 215 metres, he had a blinder in attack, & will be a great centre for the club so long as he stays.

Myles is looking unbelievably strong, i would criticize O'Meley who looks a bit like a passenger out there, but with the form Mason, Myles, Fitzgibbon (running hard as ever), Tupou, L Paea & even Shillo the Pillow (whose hits today really dispelled his nickname) are showing, O'Meley barely has to do anything outstanding.

Even Riley Brown looked okay in the opening 25 minutes, i think his role as getting through the opening minutes is very underrated.

Big Mick

Referee
Wow...Melbourne look like shot ducks...

But having said that,...you are only as good as the other team lets you play and the Roosters defence was absolutely amazing...i havn't seen defence like that from the Roosters since 2000-2004..

It was brutal, in your face and hard...was actually enjoyable to watch.

Anasta looked brilliant, and Myles...whatever he has done in the off-season...has worked. He looks a different and more dynamic player...now i'd finally say he deserves an origin jersey based on form for once! haha.

Maybe the injection of O'Meley and Mason has taken pressure off Myles and Tupou to play their natural game and not be so figurehead players...but geez they are working great as a moment, the entire forward pack.

And for me to praise the Roosters...it has to mean something! haha

effnic

Bench
I was thinking three quarters of the way threw that game, how long has it been since storm where kept to 0 in a game.

ozzie

Bench
great win - I watched it from in front of the tv as I didn't have any boys to act as driver. if the game was as good as what was on tv it would have been great to have been at the ground

Dani

Immortal
effnic said:
I was thinking three quarters of the way threw that game, how long has it been since storm where kept to 0 in a game.

I'm pretty sure the commentary said 5 seasons.

Penance

Juniors
You might need to change your sig Dani lol

Well Done Rorters, Mason had a good game, SKD made a few errors though

cupidstunt said:
I can not see the fire in the Storm anymore, all they did was train really hard for that premiership ring now since they won it they feel as if they can take a holiday.

Now that they aren't allowed to grapple tackle they've lost the advantage they used to have at the ruck.