What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 World Cup Media Campaign - Lets make a difference

open or closed?

• Total voters

ali

Bench
I've emailed them on that issue. So definately mention they should not only have a link to that issue but be carrying news direct from the RLEF.

100%green

Juniors
I'd just like to say I'm new to this forum. I love my Raiders, but I am just as big a fan of League in general. In July I went to America and got to watch a League game in New York between the Ny Knights and the Northern Raiders. It was amazing to see this game going ahead in the USA. I rang the NRL recently to see if the were taking on volunteers for the Tri-nations or the World Cup and they said send them an e-mail, but the had not even planned that out yet. I would like to help in what ever way I can. By the way what ever happened to Colin Love and the IRLF getting admitted to some world sports body?

ali

Bench
100%green said:
I'd just like to say I'm new to this forum. I love my Raiders, but I am just as big a fan of League in general. In July I went to America and got to watch a League game in New York between the Ny Knights and the Northern Raiders. It was amazing to see this game going ahead in the USA. I rang the NRL recently to see if the were taking on volunteers for the Tri-nations or the World Cup and they said send them an e-mail, but the had not even planned that out yet. I would like to help in what ever way I can. By the way what ever happened to Colin Love and the IRLF getting admitted to some world sports body?

G'Day mate. I hope you stick around. Basically this forum has evolved through not having much confidence in the ARL / RLIF to do what a competant and well resourced organisation could do. I don't think they would need volunteers for the tri nations, but maybe the world cup, depending on how many visitors they expect.

Colin Love got advice from GAISF (?) prior to flying to Korea that Rugby League would fall down on it's admission. The advice was to go away and get your act together and come back next year. With some world cup qualifiers played and a few more developments in Europe hopefully we'll have the runs on the board to be admitted in 07. We need to be a member of an organisation like this to get official government recognition in some nations.

100%green

Juniors
I nearly fell of my chair when I saw they had created a website. Wonder if The Footy show might actually promote it?

100%green

Juniors
This being the Grand Final weekend and a NRL first with two interstate sides in the GF is there any chance of using this week and weekends extensive media coverage to get news out about what's happining in the world of Rugby League?

100%green

Juniors
Jim Dymock was just interviewed in the Jersey Flegg GF. He talked about Tonga and the World Cup Qualifiers.

ali

Bench
I think it's been hard getting the media to talk about anything other than the NRL and AFL grand finals.

I was talking to the sports editor of the Epoch times, a Melbournian, about the WC qualifiers and Roos vs PNG game, and he couldn't believe they scheduled these events up against the grand final. It's madness IMO.

However, we really need to step it up this week. From going to Campbelltown on Friday night, it was pretty obvious that pretty much no one outside of the Islander communities knew these games were being played.

ocko

juniors
Were you talking to Dave Bryceson ali? He's a good bloke and i'm sure you'll be able to get some exposure there

btw, i know a few people who run/are looking to run footy websites, if you have any news pm me and i'll see if i can get it a run somewhere

otag

Juniors
100%green said:
Jim Dymock was just interviewed in the Jersey Flegg GF. He talked about Tonga and the World Cup Qualifiers.
yeah, that was a decent mention to the pacific qualifiers. then voss and james smith talked about lebanon, malta, australia, gb and nz.

100%green

Juniors
It's something. I hope with the success the GF had in the ratings in Melbourne and the Tri-nations coming up someone at the NRL/ARL wakes up and does something. I was thinking about writing a letter to David Gallop or someone just to see if I get a response.

ali

Bench
Why not, might as well go straight to the top. the scheduling is what disappoints me most, as discussed above.

Dave B does seem like a decent guy. I have to keep reminding him I'm not too interested in writing about the NRL. He keeps wanting me to write NRL articles and I keep saying give the other RL guys a go, my time will come.

BJW#84

Juniors
I'm interested in becoming involved in the media campaign. How can I help?

Have we got plans in place or are we being reactive, proactive or just spasmodically contacting media branches etc?

Let me know as Im keen as to become involved.

ali

Bench
BJW#84 said:
I'm interested in becoming involved in the media campaign. How can I help?

Have we got plans in place or are we being reactive, proactive or just spasmodically contacting media branches etc?

Let me know as Im keen as to become involved.

Basically just spasmodically contacting media outlets at the moment. I'm not sure how many people are doing it, because not enough people are reporting back as to when they have contacted the media. But I think there has been some success.

But as I am currently travelling, and don't have as much time for this forum, there are 2 short term needs.

Someone to get things moving again in this forum. Maybe we even need a more detailed plan as to how we plan to actually achieve our goals.

Secondly, the biggest success I had was getting internationally flavoured articles in the Epoch Times. Someone needs to step up and write upbeat, postive, Rugby League articles with as many world cup / international mentions as possible, for the Epoch Times. If you are interested, send me a pm, and I'll get you in contact with the editor.

ali

Bench
Agreed. Probably soon, such as during the qualifiers. News of the qualifiers is vital for the credability of the tournament.