What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R1 :: Sat :: Bulldogs 34 Sea Eagles 12 @ ANZ

09 Round 1 :: Bulldogs v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The BigFella

Juniors
Worst performance by Manly in 2 years. Thank good this week has come to an end for them.
The only saving grace is the second worst was round 1 against the Raiders last year, when they embarressed them. Everyone wrote them off then as they will now.

What a week, Dessie must have walked uner a ladder while smashing a mirror and p!ssing off a black cat!

Enough mucking around...Manly will bounce back next week...it is only round 1 and they have smash a lot of other teams.

The BigFella

Juniors
Bulldogs looked good tonight, assisted by a sub standard Manly side, but all in all they will surprise plenty of side this year. Well done Doggies!

Daddycool

Juniors
Credit where it's due. The Bulldogs were really good tonight, they were far more enthusiastic than Manly and handled the conditions much better.

I wasn't sure how this game was going to go, but I did think the score would at least be close. Anyway, they were too good on the night..........so congrats. After the miserable season their fans had to endure last year, I'm sure they are a happy bunch tonight.

As for Manly.........they missed Brett Stewart, along with Perry and Williams. However, they had ample opportunities to halt the Bulldogs momentum in that first half and couldn't. Not to mention, Hazem was kicking the lights out. It was just their night. Roll on the Warriors at Brookvale next Sunday.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Wow what a night. I was taking my old man for his birthday, but neglected to check if there was anything on at Homebush that might make going in early advisable, so i got caught in a Coldplay traffic jam. Got sent to a satellite car park, got HEAVILY pissed on waiting for a shuttle bus, eventually got in the stadium just in time to see Ballin get 10 in the bin. Well done doggies, rode the Hasem wave and rode it well. Credit where credit is due - we got trounced.

Noa

First Grade
People were quick to say the Storm would struggle with the crackdown around the play-the-ball. Manly were just as dominant in the ruck and they struggled tonight with the new interpretation.

skeepe

Immortal
Gee I gotta say Matt Ballin was extremely lucky to only get 10 minutes for that dog act. I can see a multiple week suspension coming up.

Lungfish

Juniors
People were quick to say the Storm would struggle with the crackdown around the play-the-ball. Manly were just as dominant in the ruck and they struggled tonight with the new interpretation.

Whatever makes you feel better...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gee I gotta say Matt Ballin was extremely lucky to only get 10 minutes for that dog act. I can see a multiple week suspension coming up.
Send off offence IMO, did the ref even see the knee?
Wow what a night. I was taking my old man for his birthday, but neglected to check if there was anything on at Homebush that might make going in early advisable, so i got caught in a Coldplay traffic jam. Got sent to a satellite car park, got HEAVILY pissed on waiting for a shuttle bus, eventually got in the stadium just in time to see Ballin get 10 in the bin. Well done doggies, rode the Hasem wave and rode it well. Credit where credit is due - we got trounced.
I don't think it was just the Hazem wave, it was a true team effort, we have a point to prove tbh.
Yup, pretty much sums up Manly's night.
Ref cost us the game.
LMFAO. Just one of them?
Hazem El Masri is literally one of the greatest guys ever to play this game.
Amen sister!
Credit where it's due. The Bulldogs were really good tonight, they were far more enthusiastic than Manly and handled the conditions much better.

I wasn't sure how this game was going to go, but I did think the score would at least be close. Anyway, they were too good on the night..........so congrats. After the miserable season their fans had to endure last year, I'm sure they are a happy bunch tonight.

As for Manly.........they missed Brett Stewart, along with Perry and Williams. However, they had ample opportunities to halt the Bulldogs momentum in that first half and couldn't. Not to mention, Hazem was kicking the lights out. It was just their night. Roll on the Warriors at Brookvale next Sunday.
Well said buddy. Bad luck tonight, best of luck for next week. Although if the Warriors start as strongly as tonight, you might be in further trouble...
Dogs have a good pack, but their backline is poo. Manly will just get home in this one.
lol
Bulldogs or the sharks are the 2 sides manly would like to be playing this weekend, reason they dont have the attack to worry them

manly still by 30+
lol
People thinking this week will be negative for us on the field are in for a shock.

Who would want to be playing against an angry Manly forward pack? Who would want to take a hit up in Watmough vicinity this week?

Look what our forwards did to Leeds....

Dogs having nothing on their pack.
lol
Manly by 14.
lol
Manly in a canter.
lol
Dogs have no hope... Manly by plenty...

38-10
lol
For some odd reason I smell an upset happening here!
You sure do Shorty. Good pick!
Dogs are sh*t. Complacency will lose this one.

Manly by 14 min.
lol
I wouldnt be surprise to see manly score 40 -50 points
:lol:
Manly by a thoooosand,
lol. lay off the orange juice kid.
manly by 14. will be a high scoring game.
lol
Even if Stewart and Watmough are out, we have a much better side than Dogs.
lolololool
Robertson
T. Williams
Matai
Lyon
Bani
Bailey
Orford
Kite
Ballin
Perry
Stewart
Hall
Rodney

Lestrange
King
Rose
Cuthbertson
As you said ":lol: :lol:"
Can't see Manly losing, I saw the Dogs play us down at Wollongong a few weeks back and they struggled to score points that night.

Manly will do this easily.
lol
Manly to show Noddy for the pretender he is.
LOL indeed.
Your pack is dodgy.
lolololololololololololololol
Manly to be too good for the New Dogs despite all the unsavory dramas.

Manly by 12.
Good to see Dutchy knew you put the mocker on.
bulldogs team is pretty poor. have to go for the eagles here
lolol you barely beat pemriff. lolol
in what minute will the brawl take place ?I predict in the 4th minute
33rd if I recall correctly.
Dogs by 40 :sarcasm:
Close!
Roberts and Noddy ... Manly by 354...
:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lungfish

Juniors
It will take a bit of time because we havent had the amount of trials that most had ,in saying that Dogs were OK ... :lol:

Kiki

First Grade
wow timmah...so gracious in victory :lol:

i dont think Bal should be suspended for multiple weeks. he didnt actually connect with his knee. not saying it wasn't stupid and ill advised tho.