What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R10 Fri :: Dragons 20 Bulldogs 18 @ WIN Jubilee

Heritage Round 10 - Dragons v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well... what drama.

I'd started following my gf out of the ground (she's a Saints fan and thought it was awarded so she made tracks) and as we left the ground we realised it was a Video Ref decision. I think half-walking out and not entirely being aware of what happened tempered my anger but once I heard the full story on the radio afterwards I was absolutely livid. In the words of Kevin Moore and most people on this forum - quite possible the worst decision in the last few years.

To the 'Dogs supporters who threw sh*t - wake up to yourselves, you're a disgrace. There are many ways to express anger but throwing bottles at the ground - including your own players - is not a way to express it.

#-o

Timmah

Staff member
The thing I take solace from is 1. Bulldogs.

That, and lolRoosters and lolSharks :D

0neye

:lol:MOFFEYE SAID, WHAT A SILLY BIG MONKEY THE VIDEO REF IS:lol:
110706.jpg

Big Pete

Referee
Despite the video referee decision, what a fantastic game of Rugby League! It had everything and when this season's through I believe a lot of fans will remember this clash.

I must say this, I've never been a fan of the Bulldogs in all my life BUT last night they played some good footy and the way they handled the situation was full of class. I was very happy to see the likes of Kimmorley, Hannant and Stagg policing the crowd and I believe it was testament of their new culture. Fantastic showing and despite how the result reads I believe the Bulldogs showed enough tonight to warrant a contenders tag.

As for the Dragons fans, I havn't been through this entire thread but how are you feeling? It must be such an awkward feeling with all things considered.

Despite the video referee decision, what a fantastic game of Rugby League! It had everything and when this season's through I believe a lot of fans will remember this clash.

I must say this, I've never been a fan of the Bulldogs in all my life BUT last night they played some good footy and the way they handled the situation was full of class. I was very happy to see the likes of Kimmorley, Hannant and Stagg policing the crowd and I believe it was testament of their new culture. Fantastic showing and despite how the result reads I believe the Bulldogs showed enough tonight to warrant a contenders tag.

As for the Dragons fans, I havn't been through this entire thread but how are you feeling? It must be such an awkward feeling with all things considered.

No doubt. They were turned off for the like the first 30 minutes of the match but held on with some solid defence. I honestly thought the try by Creagh would be the sealer despite it being in the 1st Half. I thought the Dragons had the beat from the get go. The Dogs finally started to play some attaqcking football only fater the 1st.

Daddycool

Juniors
First off.....that final call may have been, technically correct but in the context of a football game, it should have been awarded.

Many of the referees are ex-policeman and they tend to have a very "black and white" way of looking at the game. This no doubt comes from the restraints of the current judicial system. Also though it is the way the rules are written. Downward pressure, control, separation and obstruction have taken on whole new meanings.

Anyway...... the Dragons were pretty much what I expected last night. After such a hectic schedule over the past eight days, I thought they'd be a bit fatigued. However as they've done all season.......stay in it and find a way to win, or if not go very close. Sure they got a bit lucky just as Manly did last week but, it's all part of the game.
I have to say though, that's the worst I've seen them play. Their three tries were all individual efforts and outside that, their overall attack looked very disjointed. Defensively however they scrambled well.

The Bulldogs on the other hand, always looked dangerous but they just kept either dropping the ball or giving away penalties. Defensively they were very good too and given a few more minutes in exrta time, would almost certainly have won. To my mind they were the better side and were obviously very unlucky to lose.

All in all, the Dragons did well to stay in the game considering how tired they must have been. The Bulldogs were fresh and let themselves down with poor handling. I'm content because I tipped the Dragons but after last night, I'll be tipping the Bulldogs with confidence from now on (except in round 17 of course!).

dogz08

First Grade
Shocking decision by klien which i think will cost him a spot in the nrl , when he ruled an obstruction against weyman and the dragons support player who was about to score, there was no player touching or near weyman or the support player when out of the blue klien ruled a penalty one of the worst decision ever in the nrl ,

:lol:.. hard to take you seriously

Timmah

Staff member
Crowd was 18,415 Parramatta Power.

I think a few comments above are on the money - the (final minute) Idris no-try aside, the Bulldogs showed last night that they're premiership contenders, pure and simple. They're never out of a game. Next two weeks are the big tests but I think we can take plenty of confidence out of last night.

Congrats to Saints despite the melee, we'll probably see you some time again in late September/early October if last night was anything to go by.