What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Fri :: Rabbitohs 16-16 Eels @ ANZ

Round 11 :: Eels v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galeforce

Bench
OMG , Souths were pathetic! well i should say Capewell was pathetic.
as i saw it , gave Haynes a soft landing for two tries and dropped the ball cold leading up to one of them. in sudden death , passes a stupid pass when we were getting into field goal range. May have a future however NEEDS TO BE DROPPED.
As for Asotasi , stupid ball as well when we were getting into field goal range.Taylor should tear his nuts off.

PS Eels deserved to win , ref or no ref stupity in the last play. PS the ref as no balls anyway , just dump him in the river and never let him run onto a field again.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
That gimp ref aside, Parra played with real commitment despite being down on troops. Their forwards where all over us.

Our guys swanned around like they where some star studded team.

Pathetic performance.

coach

That gimp ref aside, Parra played with real commitment despite being down on troops. Their forwards where all over us.

Our guys swanned around like they where some star studded team.

Pathetic performance.

If we played a good team tonight we would have lost by a 100 points.

Galeforce

Bench
not that Souths deserved to win, however time on should not have been called on until referee instructed Souths to feed the scrum. They cannot do that without the ball!!!!!

Danish

Referee
Seems they were technically correct rulings, and holding up parra in the 1st half of OT made up for the holding up of Souths as well I suppose...

Either way though, is anyone else a little sick of the Gould and Rabbs show each friday night?? I feel like I am listening to Harold and Lou on neighbours

Danish

Referee
not that Souths deserved to win, however time on should not have been called on until referee instructed Souths to feed the scrum. They cannot do that without the ball!!!!!

I thought that too...

But upone watching the replays, it really seems like Souths were taking an age to feed that scrum. Time blew off for a good 20-25 seconds, and it seemed they just thought they had as much time as they felt like to organise the backline.

If Wing had simply gone and got the ball BEFORE deciding to walk around shouting orders at the backs, he would have been in a position to feed the ball straight away.

It was a poor call, but Souths showed no urgency at all

Galeforce

Bench
seems to me if you are going to have a time out rule , then you only restart the time when the players have the ball and are ready to play.
Does not matter if the time out is 10 seconds or 1 hour , if Souths have not got the ball then how can you start time on?
As such , with a time out , there must a "one play" on restart? As for Parra call in the first period of extra time , play was called back because of scrum infringement , as such , play was on and over.
Souths never got a play on!!!
Anyway , they played like dopes!

rossy

Juniors
The clock should've restarted the first time Shannon McPherson pulled his head out of the scrum.

Ref2009

Juniors
yes indeed Brett Suttor was CORRECT in his rulings. The Souths players did not remain packed therefor time blown back on, then as per page 16 of the ARL 2009 Laws of the games "If a scrum has been set and fed before time expires play shall continue until a player in possession is tackled or the ball
goes out of play."
it had not yet been fed.....so Full Time was blown. Correct decision. Well done Brett. Lets hope the media reads the rule book before making claims about this decison *cough* Phil Gould*Cough*:)

Galeforce

Bench
I dunno if that is the rule , dumb rule to me .
I recall all you had to do was pack, for time to be stopped, if the rule states they must stay packed , and Shannon took his head out , then "nut" him too!!

redandgreenduck

Juniors
yes indeed Brett Suttor was CORRECT in his rulings. The Souths players did not remain packed therefor time blown back on, then as per page 16 of the ARL 2009 Laws of the games "If a scrum has been set and fed before time expires play shall continue until a player in possession is tackled or the ball
goes out of play." it had not yet been fed.....so Full Time was blown. Correct decision. Well done Brett. Lets hope the media reads the rule book before making claims about this decison *cough* Phil Gould*Cough*:)
Stay out of this Mrs Stupor..your son has done the damage.

Ref2009

Juniors
i am not Ms Suttor. i am a referee and a great fan of the game who reads the rule book and keeps up to date on rules to make correct decisions. Indeed it is the new rule the NRL brought in this year. for time to be stopped at a scrum the scrum must be packed and players must REMAIN packed for time to remain stopped.

I think its time you people wake up and realize referees are human, they will make mistakes just like players. How about you get your ticket go out in the park and ref...lets see you do it...you do better.

rossy

Juniors
Sorry RGD. He did the same thing both ways in both sections of extra time. According to the NSW rules, Suttor was right!

BD5733

Juniors
I'm glad some people here can actually watch it for themselves and not just take on the same opinion as the commentators.

The Souths guy removed his head from the scrum......TWICE! And only on the second time was the clock restarted.......where abouts the ball is when it happens is irrelevant.

In the first half, the ball was already in the scrum so that was the one which was the wrong call. (Not that it really would have mattered though with the Eels 70mtrs out).

The only thing Suttor did wrong at the end of the game was not start the clock earlier than he actually did.

Penance

Juniors
I'm glad some people here can actually watch it for themselves and not just take on the same opinion as the commentators.

The Souths guy removed his head from the scrum......TWICE! And only on the second time was the clock restarted.......where abouts the ball is when it happens is irrelevant.

In the first half, the ball was already in the scrum so that was the one which was the wrong call. (Not that it really would have mattered though with the Eels 70mtrs out).

The only thing Suttor did wrong at the end of the game was not start the clock earlier than he actually did.
Yeah cause im gonna believe this coming from a Parra fan. We will see what Finch says, before i make my judgement.

Latest posts