What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Fri :: Rabbitohs 16-16 Eels @ ANZ

Round 11 :: Eels v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ref2009

Juniors
i am not a parra fan and am a referee and have the same opinion. This rule has been discussed at meetings and im overly confident finchys opinion will be the same as mine. Yes Suttor may not have the best games but this decision was correct.

BD5733

Juniors
Yeah cause im gonna believe this coming from a Parra fan. We will see what Finch says, before i make my judgement.

You do that.

I'll believe what I believe and you believe what Robert Finch tells you to believe. :lol:

Ref2009

Juniors
either way a correct or incorrect decison (in this case correct) we should leave it and move on...we dont criticize player for missing a field goal that could win the game so why criticize a ref for a wrong decision (lets leave the clark case out of discussion for this one). they dont deliberalty do it, and feel bad about it themself let alone being bagged, booed and abused.

again i think its time for a overhaul and big change in NRL otherwise soon it simply wont exist the way its going.

monkey1

Juniors
i am not Ms Suttor. i am a referee and a great fan of the game who reads the rule book and keeps up to date on rules to make correct decisions. Indeed it is the new rule the NRL brought in this year. for time to be stopped at a scrum the scrum must be packed and players must REMAIN packed for time to remain stopped.

I think its time you people wake up and realize referees are human, they will make mistakes just like players. How about you get your ticket go out in the park and ref...lets see you do it...you do better.
I wouldn't have given a penalty against crocker for the bs of a knee in the play the ball for starts, then the several forward passes or half a dozen other bad calls for that matter, but you claim to be a ref, well I can claim to be the king of England, doesn't make it true. Refs were bad again but what do we expect

monkey1

Juniors
either way a correct or incorrect decison (in this case correct) we should leave it and move on...we dont criticize player for missing a field goal that could win the game so why criticize a ref for a wrong decision (lets leave the clark case out of discussion for this one). they dont deliberalty do it, and feel bad about it themself let alone being bagged, booed and abused.

again i think its time for a overhaul and big change in NRL otherwise soon it simply wont exist the way its going.

the clark decision is out as it proves you wrong, wtf?? Can't have it both ways champ, refs were bad tonight, most saw it, you just disagree. Refs feel the pain, then don't repeatedly make bs calls and walk off laughing as sutor does

BWNB

First Grade
If the Souths player stood up time should have been resumed if not well he obviously made the wrong decision.
This happened to the Sharks a few weeks at home against the Roosters. I personally dont like the rule but i dont like alot of the rules.

Gaba

First Grade
I dont know why wing walked to get the ball. he would had heard the ref blow time on why didnt he run to get the ball is puzzling

Paul Hewson

Juniors
I dont know why wing walked to get the ball. he would had heard the ref blow time on why didnt he run to get the ball is puzzling

He didn't realise that time was back on. Had he of realised he would have made a quicker attempt to get the ball. What had me baffled was the penalty against Crocker when Grothe dropped the ball. You see that happen in every game and it would be called a knock on.

In saying that Souths were ordinary and at 16-8 they looked like they didn't care. Parra did enough to win that game and had several opportunties only to go wide.

Iafeta

Referee
Errors in that final debacle;

Roy Asotasi standing up in the scrum. I could not believe the stupidity at play here. The scrum is packed, time is blown off, and despite surely knowing the rules say you can't disengage from your scrumming position, he pops his head up and looks around. I'm not sure if he was looking for a lost cousin in the crowd or his player agent, but it was one of the dumbest plays of all time. Time being blown back on was the correct call.

Brett Suttor. Blowing time back on was dead set correct. However, when it emerged the ball was down on the goal line, he should have blown time off for the ball to be given back to Wing, and then blown time back on.

All in all, despite Asotasi's crazy play, Souths probably should have had time for a field goal attempt.

aussies1st

Staff member
Another ref controversy after FNF. The ref shouldn't have blown time on until Wing had the ball. Not to mention why is a rookie ref in charge for such an important period.

scottyeel

Bench
I can't see how Suttor could award the try to Merrit when it came back refs call. He was 20 metres away.

Billythekid

First Grade
Roy Asotasi standing up in the scrum. I could not believe the stupidity at play here. The scrum is packed, time is blown off, and despite surely knowing the rules say you can't disengage from your scrumming position, he pops his head up and looks around. I'm not sure if he was looking for a lost cousin in the crowd or his player agent, but it was one of the dumbest plays of all time. Time being blown back on was the correct call.

That play goes well with the rest of his sh*te performances this year.

Bumble

First Grade
I can't see how Suttor could award the try to Merrit when it came back refs call. He was 20 metres away.

1. Benefit of the doubt

2. He must have thought it was a try from his POV before he went upstairs

3. Hayne's reaction - did that look like someone who thought he'd stopped a try?

Ref2009

Juniors
the clark decision is out as it proves you wrong, wtf?? Can't have it both ways champ, refs were bad tonight, most saw it, you just disagree. Refs feel the pain, then don't repeatedly make bs calls and walk off laughing as sutor does
i said leave the clark decison out of it as he was wrong. no doubt there...not as it proved me wrong. wether you like it or not. last night suttor was correct.

NGR

Juniors
i said leave the clark decison out of it as he was wrong. no doubt there...not as it proved me wrong. wether you like it or not. last night suttor was correct.

ok ref.. you know all the rules..

answer me this:

souths break the scrum formation so time is called on.. however parra have kicked the ball away... does the kicking the ball away override the breaking scrum formation or is parra allowed to kick the ball away?

Latest posts