What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R12 Fri :: Dragons 38 Panthers 10 @ WIN Wollongong

Round 12 :: Dragons v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MOTM: Steve Lyons (Dragons) and Jason Robinson (Dragons).

Worth noting that the Panthers did not receive a penalty for the final 60 minutes, despite the Dragons lying all over the ruck every tackle and one of the most blatant double movements you'll ever see.

Dragons lying all over the ruck?

Seriously, drop your f**king bias against teams and referees and f**k off.

PENRITH were the team lying all over the ruck last night, in attack the Panthers were much faster out of dummy half as the Dragons rarely laid about... the one or two times they did early on they were pinged for it.

There were only two penalties blown in the second half, both in favour of Saints and IIRC, one was for a high shot and the other inside the ten.

As for the "blatant double movement" :)lol:), how do you gather that? His momentum hadn't ceased.

You really need some help. Seek it.

murraymob

Coach
Not too far off the mark Johnsy.

No offence but I don't think Penrith would want to meet a full strength Dragons side.

i disagree willow penrith at full strength will match the dragons and be one of the games of the season something both clubs have to look forward to_Our main point scorers and defenders where missing last night.Your depth is clearly better than ours last night and deserved the win last night

mxlegend99

Referee
You should consider yourself lucky that your player didn't get sin binned just before 1/2 time.
That makes up for the lopsided penalty count and having knock-ons/forward passes ruled against us when we didn't do either, and not having the same called back in our favour?

Sin binning Masada wouldn't have hurt us all that much. He would have only spent the first 9 minutes of the second half out. We were still holding on then. It was the last 20 minutes were our blokes were incapable of matching it with the Dragons.

Not too far off the mark Johnsy.

No offence but I don't think Penrith would want to meet a full strength Dragons side.
We would gain more experience in being at full strength then the Dragons would. Your depth players were far more experienced then ours. Your 1/6/7/9 was also a sh*tload more experienced then ours, and was able to work a lot better with disruptions to the side then ours was.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
i disagree willow penrith at full strength will match the dragons and be one of the games of the season something both clubs have to look forward to_Our main point scorers and defenders where missing last night.Your depth is clearly better than ours last night and deserved the win last night
For the first 25-30 minutes, we were averaging around 30m a set before the kick. With Weyman, Poore, Creagh, and Smith all missing, I can guarantee that more meters would have been made earlier in the game.

sting

Bench
Dragons lying all over the ruck?

Seriously, drop your f**king bias against teams and referees and f**k off.

PENRITH were the team lying all over the ruck last night, in attack the Panthers were much faster out of dummy half as the Dragons rarely laid about... the one or two times they did early on they were pinged for it.

There were only two penalties blown in the second half, both in favour of Saints and IIRC, one was for a high shot and the other inside the ten.

As for the "blatant double movement" :)lol:), how do you gather that? His momentum hadn't ceased.

You really need some help. Seek it.

good to see a neutral post in this thread.

you got it spot in imo.

and yeah, skeepe has problems.

murraymob

Coach
For the first 25-30 minutes, we were averaging around 30m a set before the kick. With Weyman, Poore, Creagh, and Smith all missing, I can guarantee that more meters would have been made earlier in the game.

the same can be said for us lewis waterhouse petro jennings some pretty good attacking players there

Jasdragon

Juniors

I disagree with you, the Panthers defense is sh*t house with or without the stars, the Dragons have them covered.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
You can't dispute how important that 'rake' not called was to begin the second half. Dragons score from the next set and go 18-6 up... long way back from there with such a young team. It was a blatant rake from stanley.

Sometimes it's not about the amount of bad calls but who cops the real bad one - the momentum shifter / killer / starter and the Dragons certainly benefited from a missed penalty.

RABK

Referee
I wouldn't worry panther fans, imo for the most part you looked the more impressive team. A lot of metres, breaks and crunching defense. Full strength you will pose headaches if you make the 8.

Dragons can only beat what is infront of them... they were outplayed for most of the game yet came away with a big win missing most their forward pack. Top 4 team and at full strength hard to beat. The big thing is their attack is starting to click too... no longer relying on defence to win games.

Jasdragon

Juniors
You can't dispute how important that 'rake' not called was to begin the second half. Dragons score from the next set and go 18-6 up... long way back from there with such a young team. It was a blatant rake from stanley.

Sometimes it's not about the amount of bad calls but who cops the real bad one - the momentum shifter / killer / starter and the Dragons certainly benefited from a missed penalty.

That was nothing Stanley barley touched it, if he had better ball security that would not have happened and the Panther player new it.

Jasdragon

Juniors
I wouldn't worry panther fans, imo for the most part you looked the more impressive team. A lot of metres, breaks and crunching defense. Full strength you will pose headaches if you make the 8.

Dragons can only beat what is infront of them... they were outplayed for most of the game yet came away with a big win missing most their forward pack.

:crazy::lol: what game were you watching!

RABK

Referee
Stanleys hand moved away from the ball with a firm arm moving in a raking action.

Doesn't matter if Cooper was getting up to play the ball spinning on one finger ala harlem globetrotters style... you can't rake the ball. Ball control has nothing to do with what constitues a rake.

Two in the tackles, his hand was on the ball as cooper went to rise, his arm moves away from the ball dragging his hand along the ball... the ball shoots our 2 metres - rake.

RABK

Referee
:crazy::lol: what game were you watching!

We all have our opinions.

I thought Panthers looked the better side in most parts of the game - restricting the dragons to 25 metres sets whilst making 50-60 metres sets of their own.

The boot of soward combated that - he is brilliant. But i still thought the panthers looked better for larger parts. Walsh played poorly and didn't execute well to take advantage of the dominance.

11Straight

Juniors
It was nice to see our attack finally starting to click in.

And i was really impressed with the way our young blokes stood up last night top effort.It is good to see that we have some great depth in the club should injuries or suspensions arise later in the year.

murraymob

Coach
That was nothing Stanley barley touched it, if he had better ball security that would not have happened and the Panther player new it.

he barley touched it so you are saying he did touch meaning it was a rake and should have been a penalty.Us penrith fans are not saying you where not the better side clearly you where.But at least comment on what happened and not through dragon eyes

Jasdragon

Juniors
he barley touched it so you are saying he did touch meaning it was a rake and should have been a penalty.Us penrith fans are not saying you where not the better side clearly you where.But at least comment on what happened and not through dragon eyes

I still wouldn't call that a rake, more a lose carry he should have held it.

Latest posts