What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R13 Fri :: Storm 48 Broncos 4 @ Olympic

Round 13 :: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FMD! Knew we weren't gonna win this one, but didn't expect it to be by that much!

Not much more can be said - the scoreline tells the story. Melbourne were fanfarkingtastic. Full credit to the Storm, very well played.

Kudos to you, good sportsmanship.

Hoggy

Bench
It's not often the scoreboard operator actually stuffs up in professional sport, but he lost count tonight at OP. We only won 46-4 according to the board.

Tonight was just a show that everyone clicked in every position, the defence was great, the big fellas taking it up were great, the kicking game was spot on, and the backline was perfect.

Must make it two in a row next week against Souths at MES (I'm going!)

ps. Sika Manu is a superstar

Evenflow

Bench
Joe Tomane has made my fantasies come true tonight.

Haven't you bagged him many times this season while talking up the myth to end all myths in Chambers? I reckon your about the only drizzle fan to rate the latter, or any footy fan really :lol:

I know the Broncs were without some players but the Mexicans were just awsome tonight. There's a long way to go but I think they're just going to get better and they'll be contenders again for sure.

JW

Coach
Melbourne were slick as usual. Props to them, they're hard enough to get the points against when they're having an off night, but they were well and truly switched on in this game. Caps off a positive few days for the game down south.

However, a terrible, gutless and soft performance from our boys. And really it was just a matter of time before this happened. When they got walloped 40-0 by the Storm a couple of years back after just scraping into finals due to a horrible injury toll, I was incredibly proud of them. The worst player in the team was putting in around 150% effort.

Tonight was just beyond a joke though.

I'm rarely one to kick up much of a fuss at all when we cop a bad result and am quick to move on, but I feel sorry for the club having to be represented by such an uncommitted, careless team effort with blokes seeming as though they were playing for paychecks and hanging out for a post-match booze up.

I couldn't care less about getting flogged on the scoreboard or what kind of form certain players are showing - the very least you could expect from a bunch of so-called professionals is for them to actually get out there and have a dig.

Losing is a part of footy but losing and not trying is just not on. I can't cop a Broncos team that won't have a go.

Prepared to put a red line through this game if there's a distinct attitude change next week. This is a talented team who are more than capable of going far in this comp but good god they need some work - namely their defense and their bloody heads.

Noa

First Grade
Haven't you bagged him many times this season while talking up the myth to end all myths in Chambers? I reckon your about the only drizzle fan to rate the latter, or any footy fan really :lol:

Hmmm no, no & no

I wouldnt be suprised if he does what does what Issy did and play wing on the first game of the season and never give it back.

:lol:

The difference I see between them, and this is just going on the NYC last year. Isa looked like a good solid player while Tomane, in limited games, was a star.

Also I see Jamie Feeney is giving his defence a wrap in the paper this morning.

Joseph Tomane, now theres a kid headed to the very top. Would make possibly losing Issy palatable.

^ First ever game.

The point Ive been making goose is that Chambers is 3x the defensive player Joe is at this stage.

Last edited:

Butters

Bench
Ahh now that game was sweet to watch. That was back to the 2007 days of non stop attack and brutal defence. If they keep playing like that i can smell another Minor Premiership. :D

Melbourne were slick as usual. Props to them, they're hard enough to get the points against when they're having an off night, but they were well and truly switched on in this game. Caps off a positive few days for the game down south.

However, a terrible, gutless and soft performance from our boys. And really it was just a matter of time before this happened. When they got walloped 40-0 by the Storm a couple of years back after just scraping into finals due to a horrible injury toll, I was incredibly proud of them. The worst player in the team was putting in around 150% effort.

Tonight was just beyond a joke though.

I'm rarely one to kick up much of a fuss at all when we cop a bad result and am quick to move on, but I feel sorry for the club having to be represented by such an uncommitted, careless team effort with blokes seeming as though they were playing for paychecks and hanging out for a post-match booze up.

I couldn't care less about getting flogged on the scoreboard or what kind of form certain players are showing - the very least you could expect from a bunch of so-called professionals is for them to actually get out there and have a dig.

Losing is a part of footy but losing and not trying is just not on. I can't cop a Broncos team that won't have a go.

Prepared to put a red line through this game if there's a distinct attitude change next week. This is a talented team who are more than capable of going far in this comp but good god they need some work - namely their defense and their bloody heads.

I said to a mate before the game that if Lockyer does not play then the Broncos will get done big time...

Having said that, they seemed to be devoid of structure and I really could not work out who was playing in Lockyer's position ??. Can't blame Wallace but there appeared to be no link to the centres ??.

Taylor, Kenny and co were outplayed by Blair, Manu and White through urgency and hard yards.

Broncos need to start blooding a new Leader for the team - the team is young but Lockyer will not be there forever. I suppose if you pay overs for Folau you risk losing depth at the club and this does not help.

skeepe

Immortal
Anyone who says league is a lost cause in Melbourne hasn't been to a Storm game. Awesome atmosphere at the ground. I swear there were morethan 15,000 there.

The new stadium is looking good, it's going to be awesome when it's finished.

Question for Storm fans, why no extra trams on game day? Had to give up on getting a team to OP from Flinders St and jump on a train to Richmond because the trams weren't even stopping they were so full.

MsStorm

Bench
Anyone who says league is a lost cause in Melbourne hasn't been to a Storm game. Awesome atmosphere at the ground. I swear there were morethan 15,000 there.

The new stadium is looking good, it's going to be awesome when it's finished.

Question for Storm fans, why no extra trams on game day? Had to give up on getting a team to OP from Flinders St and jump on a train to Richmond because the trams weren't even stopping they were so full.

Who are the dumbells that say league is a lost cause in Melb:D
Its the opposite in fact....just need Ch.9 to show games at a reasonable hr. hear to convert more people...and the new stadium will help also.

Re your question on trams, yeah as I walked down Swan Street, they looked chockers. Maybe if the afl was on at the MCG, they would have had more running...

A great win by the Storm Friday night, but we are a little bit Jeckle and Hyde this year...I'll wait and see how they go next few weeks before I get carried away.

To all the Broncos supporters, they just had an off night and missing a few players obviously didn't help. Game quite similar to when we played the Raiders and they bounced right back to form..same thing will happen to Brisbane.

Latest posts