What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R14 Sat :: Roosters 20 Titans 24 @ Bluetongue

Round 14 :: Roosters v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scottyeel

Bench
Bad luck roosters.
Titans don't really look that good when the refs stop giving them penalties to get good field position.

Eelectrica

Referee
Needed a rear shot of Walkers try to be sure. I guess they didn't have one therefor BOD.
Tough luck Roosters. Should have won.

Titans need to address their second half collapses if they want to be a threat in the finals. Not that they're quite yet, but they really should from here.

sass

Juniors
They need to look at some of the options they're taking in attack, and how they dropped their guard at the end of the game where a good defensive set would have seen them hold on. Kenny-Dowall was nowhere on that last play, should have known Prince likes to throw that pass.

exactly .... the put-down was amazing but if the roosters were more focussed in the last few minutes and didn't make stupid mistakes the titans never would have been in the position to score the last try.

SIGH.

I wanna give SKD a free pass though because he did so much in the rest of the 80 mins.

god that was a depressing loss. I thought foil fitzy might cry.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What an insipid second half from the Titans, but still there was much to like about the way they played those last two sets. No signs of panic, getting the ball from one end to other and earning the repeat set, then a magnificent put-down from Walker (which he owed his team-mates after the shocker he had the rest of the game). Sometimes you have to find a way to win ugly, and the Titans did that tonight. The jury is still out on whether they are a serious contender, but there are some encouraging signs they can avoid another collapse like the last two seasons.

edit: @Eelectrica - great avatar. :D

JT_

Juniors
SKD was good. He popped up everywhere. And i'm pretty sure it was Ben Jones who tried to stop Walker.

Geohood

Bench
What an insipid second half from the Titans, but still there was much to like about the way they played those last two sets. No signs of panic, getting the ball from one end to other and earning the repeat set, then a magnificent put-down from Walker (which he owed his team-mates after the shocker he had the rest of the game). Sometimes you have to find a way to win ugly, and the Titans did that tonight. The jury is still out on whether they are a serious contender, but there are some encouraging signs they can avoid another collapse like the last two seasons.

Can't it be against someone other than us!!!

Rovelli

Bench
Titans away from Skilled Park - I just don't know - think I saw a stat somewhere that they had lost five in a row in NSW before tonight

Titanic

First Grade
We've had our share of last minute losses too, so I commiserate but don't hesitate to take the two points. Game of two different halves.

Couldn't agree more with that bit :lol:
Can't wait for it aye.

Gaba

First Grade
Bad luck roosters , if you had another halfback what could attack instead of one who can only do kicks and bombs and relying on anasta, the roosters probably would had won that game easily.

Get rid of pearce he is only a hindrance to the roosters attack

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters unlucky last night, played well enough to win just that last minute miracle from Walker. Things are looking a little better at the Roosters, Artie's helped them no-end, toughness is showing a bit more. Hope they can match it with NQ next week, as much as I hate em.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bad luck roosters , if you had another halfback what could attack instead of one who can only do kicks and bombs and relying on anasta, the roosters probably would had won that game easily.

Get rid of pearce he is only a hindrance to the roosters attack

:lol: he scored a try and set at least 1 other up you gimp

Latest posts