What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R14 Sun :: Dragons 32 Cowboys 18 @ WIN Wollongong

Round 14 :: Dragons v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
Reffing was disgusting.
But the Cows were fairly flat...which I mean is a great thing considering we were playing the Dragons.
We'll bounce back, I just hope that Mango isn't out for too long.

Two things;
Anthony Watts - This guy's fantastic for us he's a real livewire...he'll only continue to improve and improve our attack.

The Dragons were outstanding today, just about perfect in every position and I do think now that they'd be more chance to take the premiership than the Dogs.
They'll most likely get the minor premiership.

Kiki

First Grade
I AM SO PROUD. im grinning from ear to ear. my boys have really proved themselves. couldn't be happier.

Solid

Juniors
Really good game of footy.

Dragons were very strong, particular Soward and the outside backs.

Cowboys can walk away with their chins up. They lost, but it seems they rarely lose by close margins (mostly thrashings), so today's result is a positive in some ways.

Great win by the Dragons. Definitely a danger game, The cowboys were in form, Dragons coming off a Monday night loss and looking down the barrel of back to back losses. Now we go into our first bye winning against tough competition and sitting on top of the ladder. Congratulations to the boys.

This Year?

Immortal
I thought the Dragons got out of jail in this one. If Morris didn't make that break then it more than likely have been a different result. If Thurston had a better game then the Cowboys would have won.

I thought the Dragons got out of jail in this one. If Morris didn't make that break then it more than likely have been a different result. If Thurston had a better game then the Cowboys would have won.

If God had sent lightning bolts from the sky aimed at WIN, the game could have changed dramatically. Dragons won? 2 Points for us....

beave

Coach
Yeah, Dell was pretty ordinary. I thought Weyman was excellent for the dragons today.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Funny. No-one wanted to listen to us whinge about the ref last week, but like the Bulldogs match every man and his dog is lining up to lay the boot in over the perception the field was sloped in our favour. At least this time the perception was likely accurate. There were a few puzzling calls today, not least the knock-on call against Bowen. I've whinged about this before, but I swear the refs toss a coin whenever the ball is stripped and hits the ground as to who the knock-on call goes against.

To be fair, it hasn't been the Cowboys fans going off, it has been fans of other teams who obviously have it in for the Dragons. I understand, I go off like that when I think Melbourne have been given the rub of the green.

Overall though, we should have put 50+ on them today. Some good last ditch defence from the Cowboys and a couple of bad last pass decisions kept them in it for as long as they were. Definitely the best we have looked with the ball all season. And some excellent up-in-their-face defence that frustrated Thurston and robbed him of time with the ball, which was ultimately the key to us winning.

To the Cowboys credit, they showed how dangerous they are when they get half a sniff, even when they are being completely outplayed. If Thurston remains fit, they'll be there in September for sure.

thommo4pm

Coach
Excellent win for Saints.
We were pushed in that second half, and came through it.
Jeremy Smith and Matt Prior both back for our next match after the bye.

Bennett actually said on radio after the match, that the Cows were the best team we had come up against this year.
That's quite a compliment....stated they have improved dramatically since our first meeting back in Round 9.

Shorty

Staff member
Overall though, we should have put 50+ on them today. Some good last ditch defence from the Cowboys and a couple of bad last pass decisions kept them in it for as long as they were. Definitely the best we have looked with the ball all season. And some excellent up-in-their-face defence that frustrated Thurston and robbed him of time with the ball, which was ultimately the key to us winning.
:lol::lol:
50+ Are you kidding me?
The game was extremely close and Cows were a little off their game...if they hadn't have been it could have been an upset.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Well, Cowboys have been given a dose of reality. They had me fooled. This is the first real test they have had against a top team with all players fit. I still think they are in with a shot at the Top 4 though with improvement left in them.

Will still have J.Smith and Prior out!

Jasdragon

Juniors
:lol::lol:
50+ Are you kidding me?
The game was extremely close and Cows were a little off their game...if they hadn't have been it could have been an upset.

Don't agree with 50+ but I do believe the end score pretty much reflected the game. The Cowboys weren't off their game, they played as good as the Dragons let them play. It was a great bounce back performance from the Dragons and a well deserved result.

voltron

Juniors
great win by the dragons
weyman and poore really did the work up front for you guys
and cooper and morris were dangerous all match
dell had an absolute shocker
boyd was great in defense
and your kick chase was great!
props to the dragons for this great win

Shorty

Staff member
Don't agree with 50+ but I do believe the end score pretty much reflected the game. The Cowboys weren't off their game, they played as good as the Dragons let them play. It was a great bounce back performance from the Dragons and a well deserved result.
No, they were off their game:?

Latest posts