What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R21 Sat :: Panthers 32-32 Warriors @ CUA

Round 21 :: Panthers v Warriors

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
According to the NRL.com stats..

Panthers - Warriors
Tackles: 336 - 336
Metres gained: 1448 - 1449

Pretty rare to have those 2 stats so close

Chook Norris

First Grade
i don't see anything f**king funny about it!

:lol::lol:

been a very wierd round this week

some very wierd scores....

According to the NRL.com stats..

Panthers - Warriors
Tackles: 336 - 336
Metres gained: 1448 - 1449

Pretty rare to have those 2 stats so close

....some really wierd stats as well.. :shock:

pantherz9103

First Grade
I was at the game. Our forwards got dominated all night it seems. Really missed Civ, Lewis and Bell. Amazing comeback to salvage a draw, but with a little more composure we could've won it. Still, that point could work either for us or against us. Not a good result but not necessarily a terrible one.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
What was the score in the Juniors game???

Pretty much the opposite of the main game. Panthers cruising at half time up something like 24-6, Warriors then score 3 tries in 7 minutes to make it 24-22.

What follows four minutes later is James Gavet getting sent off (I have no idea what for or how bad it was).

Warriors keep going and actually take the lead through Tupou 28-24 with 9 minutes to go, but the Panthers score a try in the 77th minute, kick the conversion and hang onto the win.

bigfoot

Juniors
f**k me, I'm actually shaking after watching that ending! :lol:

Damn we missed Civoniceva, Lewis and Bell. Our go-forward was pretty crap for most of the match. Also, you gotta say Pritchard didn't really look 100% and made heaps of errors.
I swear it looked like we hadn't shown up after we gave away that many points.
Warriors really deserved the 2 points after that IMO.

Still, I'm really proud of the attitude we showed to come back, although I've gotta say the refs helped us out a bit by evening up the penalty count :lol: which was strongly in the Warriors favour at the beginning.

All in all, glad to get 1 point after I thought we were gone for all money, but really dissapointed we leaked that many points to begin with.

If anyone knows what injuries Tia Kilifi and Bell have it would be really good to find out.

murraymob

Coach
pritchard also got injured in this game shoulder injury not sure how bad.Blair also picked up a injury early

bigfoot

Juniors
If we're going to have any chance at all next week against the Dragons we are going to need Pritchard at absolutely 100%. If he isn't, rest him for future games.

Also, we really really really need Lewis back! The difference he makes to our team is absolutely massive.

If both of those guys are out, we really have no chance tbh. If they're both fit, and we play much better than we did tonight, we might be able to give the Dragons a run for their money at home, but damn they're a good side.

Also, I hope Tia Kilifi was injured and wasn't just dropped for Elford after being absolutely outstanding in the past few weeks. I'll go to Elliott's house and rape him if that is the case. :p

maple_69

Bench
You sure JTK is injured? I got the impression Elford was simply favoured over him after proving himself fit..and he went pretty well I thought. Would love to see JTK, Jenko, Gordon and Elford as our backline..
After that little effort I vote we scrap extra time. It's a horrific spectacle for a fan. I doubt you'll see a more outlandish final 30 minutes of a game than that.

murraymob

Coach
both tia kilifi and bell must have been injured no other reason for them not to be there i would have bell in over woolnough any day tia kiliffi over elford as well

bigfoot

Juniors
Agreed murraymob, but there's the chance Elliott doesn't see it the same way. :p
Our best possible backline is IMO:
1. Sammut/Coote
2. Tia Kilifi
3. Jennings
4. Gordon
5. Elford

Tighe annoyed me tonight, especially when he kicked it out on the full giving away a penalty then gave away a penalty again on the next play 5 seconds later for rushing up from the tap. I still don't rate him.

I hope both Bell and Tia Kilifi are good to go next week.

Caged Panther

First Grade
6 hours later and while I'm glad we salvaged a draw and one point I really still can't beleive we did so or quite fathom how we did so, simply incredible.

I do know one thing though. We didn't deserve to get one point from that game and will get absolutely thrashed if we front up against the dragons like that.

mxlegend99

Referee
I can't help but blame Matt Elliott for that display. He drops two of our best and most reliable players for this match while keeping nuffies like Tighe, Blair and Woolnough.

He also dropped a front rower to accomodate a backrower ahead of blokes like Paulo, Smith and Cooper who are all far less damaging in the backrow then Frank Pritchard.

The only one of our backs that should have been dropped to accomodate Shane Elford is Brad Tighe.
The forwards to accommodate for Frank Pritchard would be Maurice Blair, Adam Woolnough, Joseph Paulo, Nathan Smith and Gavin Cooper.... in that order.

I'm not sure if Bell and JTK were injured. But i was dissapointed the moment i saw they were the players dropped. Our coach is still a complete f*ckwit. He only gets things right when he has no alternatives. We get a few players back from injury and he manages to weaken the side.