What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R23 Fri :: Cowboys 12 Bulldogs 22 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 23 :: Cowboys v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmythehand

Juniors
morris at fullback and millard in the centres.

Perfect!!!

As long as Morris brings his baseball glove to catch with. Seriously though that is a much better option than El Masri to fullback, but apparently el masri's been training there :(

Shorty

Staff member
Hmm Patten gone is a massive blow. Imo he is the key to the Dogs getting a good start to the set. His runs just carve up the defence and allow the forwards to get a roll on.
I remember Patten being a big part of the Dogs last defeat.
Meh, I think Cowboys will win regardless.
This game is a must win for the Boys and the Dogs are just itching for a wake up call before finals.

PS LOL@ Hazem at fullback....feel free to prove me wrong Hazem but surely Morris or someone would be a better choice, Hazem's not that fast and his urgency to run the ball back is...hmmm.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Hazem has played fullback many times in his career. He played it a few times last year and actually seems to perform better there IMO.

But for mine, the best option is surely Goodwin. He has great hands, speed, skill and no fear in running the ball back. I think it would be excellent to play Goodwin there, but lets just see where Tadpole goes with this one.

Packy

Bench
Patten is a decent sized loss for us. El Masri played really well the last time he subbed for Patten but that was a few years ago. If Goodwin has the positional nous then he would be a good option.

Meh.. who cares.. Moore knows better than I and I am sure will do what he feels best.

ouwet

Bench
PS LOL@ Hazem at fullback....feel free to prove me wrong Hazem but surely Morris or someone would be a better choice, Hazem's not that fast and his urgency to run the ball back is...hmmm.

From memory when Josh Morris was fullback for St George he had some shockers... El Masri in his day was a good fullback when asked to fill in, i don't know if he's still up to it now though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I remember Patten being a big part of the Dogs last defeat.
Meh, I think Cowboys will win regardless.
This game is a must win for the Boys and the Dogs are just itching for a wake up call before finals.

Hazem started his career at fullback and has played there 13 times since 1998. Played a lot of his lower grade footy in that position as well from what I understand.

I think Goodwin would be the best choice, with Josh Morris on the other wing. But I'm comfortable with Haz.

Shorty

Staff member
Mmm.
It's not taking anything away from Hazem it's just logically you'd want to replace Patten with someone similarily as effective.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'd normally go for the Dogs, but this week I'm definitely cheering for the Cowgirls, for two reasons: 1) Saints minor premierhsip; 2) prevent the donkeys making the 8. ;)

jimmythehand

Juniors
putting el masri to fullback is something steve folkes would do. Hopefully Moore shows he's got a bit more imagination and puts Morris there.

El Masri or Goodwin to fullback is two players out of position, Morris to fullback is just one player. One player who could make a big difference to our team.

shags

Juniors
Ty Williams playing? There were rumours Bani was coming in for him. Williams is average but Bani is rubbish!!! Can't believe the cows gt rid of Farrar for this bloke.

Dee

Juniors
Ty Williams playing? There were rumours Bani was coming in for him. Williams is average but Bani is rubbish!!! Can't believe the cows gt rid of Farrar for this bloke.
Ty will be playing tonight, and I think we would all agree that Farrar is easily better than Bani, however (I think I've got the story correct), Farrar's mother was diagnosed with cancer, and her living in Sydney meant that he would obviously want to move back down there, and Cowboys weren't going to stand in his way...So it wasn't the fact that Cowboys wanted to get rid of Farrar...

Whoosh

Juniors
Patten is a decent sized loss for us. El Masri played really well the last time he subbed for Patten but that was a few years ago. If Goodwin has the positional nous then he would be a good option.

Meh.. who cares.. Moore knows better than I and I am sure will do what he feels best.

I'm with you, Packy. Kevin Moore has impressed me this year with his selections, he knows what he's doing.

We'll miss The General, but it's a nice position to be in where we have a few viable options as replacements.

GO DOGS! :cool:

Mmm.
It's not taking anything away from Hazem it's just logically you'd want to replace Patten with someone similarily as effective.

El Masri wont be as attacking but will definitely be safe uder the high ball and fielding grubbers.

A good option...he won't disappoint.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Missed Thurston for the first try.

Doesnt really have the pace for fullback i think. Received an offload off Ryan I think it was but just had nothing.

Latest posts