What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R3 :: Fri :: Tigers 40 Roosters 24 @ SFS

Round 3 :: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over the last few years plenty.

I realise your a farah fan, and I like him too, but isnt it telling this only comes up every 3 to 4 games.

And Smith is just as dangerous as Farah he just goes about it in a different way. In fact theres a lot of Cam in the way Farah has developed his d-h games in the last couple years.

Farah has been the tigers top 2 players since he had hess debut season in 05
i like smith too i get out to all the storm games and watch him closey hes very good
but the way your going on smith is 10 times the player farah is ,which isnt true

Noa

First Grade
Farah has been the tigers top 2 players since he had hess debut season in 05
i like smith too i get out to all the storm games and watch him closey hes very good
but the way your going on smith is 10 times the player farah is ,which isnt true

No I dont think he 10x the player, the best way to put it is I thnk he's more dependable and maybe mentally stronger.

I just got back. I think you've summed the game up pretty well. Momentum is an amazing thing in rugby league. I haven't seen it swing that much ages. I can't get a handle on either team as well. They both seem to be confidence teams. If things go there way they play great but can just as quickly drop off. Great and frustrating game to watch. Benji's a freak. Galloway was great too. In fact all the gingers played well tonight. Congrats Tigers.

i dunno if tigers are the real deal but there forwards imo is the best forward pack since our 2000 one

the 1,6,7 are the tigers real concern ,if benji and moltzen can become consistant than we could be very dangerous

tigers next 2 games will be a huge test penrith and manly and im looking forward to see Jennings vs Lawrence

No I dont think he 10x the player, the best way to put it is I thnk he's more dependable and maybe mentally stronger.

i dunno farah is the type that would come up with a huge play when its needed ,just check out hes match against canberra when he came on
or hes 2 40-20's this year

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Marshall looked confident tonight. When he is confident he can do anything.

Galloway was outstanding and just keeps getting better every week. We have not had a forward who hits the line that hard in years.

i dunno farah is the type that would come up with a huge play when its needed ,just check out hes match against canberra when he came on
or hes 2 40-20's this year

came on against Canberra and scored straight away.

Put down a 40/20 against the cows when we needed it, but the rest of them royally f***ed up

bagged a try today to tie it up.

Pedro Collins

Juniors
Big Keith did play well tonight and I'm usually a massive critic of him, maybe he'll realise some of his potential.

Bad ball control from both teams, and I know they were throwing the ball around but it wasn't up to the standard of the last 2 weeks of Friday night footy.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Well done Tigers but gee the non call on the leg pull on Mason was a huge turning point. We go from being on the attack in front to the Tigers going up the opther end and scoring and then getting on a roll.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Always good to see the Tigers pick up a win, especially with Benji in great form.

Both teams need to tighten their defence though. Roosters having conceded 96 points and the Tigers 92. Considering that, the Tigers would be quite happy to have 2 wins from 3.

Always good to see the Tigers pick up a win, especially with Benji in great form.

Both teams need to tighten their defence though. Roosters having conceded 96 points and the Tigers 92. Considering that, the Tigers would be quite happy to have 2 wins from 3.

similar to 2005, we had 90 points conceded after 3 games, but had 2 wins in there, so our attack was good enough. From there our confidence soared and our defence clicked. Not saying the same thing will happen, but the 2 wins will give the boys some confidence, and a confident football side can cause real havoc.

Well done Tigers but gee the non call on the leg pull on Mason was a huge turning point. We go from being on the attack in front to the Tigers going up the opther end and scoring and then getting on a roll.

so was farah catching the markers offside twice during the opening sets which led to the roosters 2 tries

Gaba

First Grade
Canbera must have been more pathetic then first thought, in saying that you could see the tigers were always going to win that game.

Willie was a bit too fast getting up in my opinion and he payed the price, though from the television's angle, I was sure it would've been penalised.

Also, in my opinion Farah is a better player than Smith. What I said earlier just came from a lot of the victory rub-off heh. I just think Farah offers more in attack with a better attacking kicking game and a much better attacking mind, though Smith is a great defender not saying that Robbie isn't a good one but Smith wins out there.

Lastly, Galloway is a freak! He is a wrecking ball. He's 23 years old and still has a good 3 years before he hits his prime. He's only just starting to bulk up and it's really showing as he took Willie and O'Meley for a ride on one crazy hit-up.

Gaba

First Grade
damn why cant we put together a full 80 if we do put it together i think we can be a great team
i think atm where like the 2005 tigers during the first half of the year ,when we were just winning games

Remember you played the roosters, doesnt mean every team will be like that , as souths found out

Navjot

Juniors
Canbera must have been more pathetic then first thought, in saying that you that game.could see the tigers were always going to win

At 12-0 after 10 mins, cant say i felt that but great comeback from that point on hung in there well and didnt drop their heads, and benji had a blinder ran the ball the most i think ive seen ever and that pass wow only benji could do that hes a freak when on song. Roosters should be gutted let a good advantage slip at 12 nil up.

tiger_nick

Bench

f*ck off d*ckhead

smith is surrounded by superstars, he has never had to play behind a sh*t forward pack or a depleted team.

if it wasnt for farah the tigers would have picked up at least a spoon or two over the last few years.

put farah in melbournes team and he would be considered the best player in the world. put smith in the tigers team and he wouldnt even be thought about come rep time.

Haven't posted in here yet since the match, apologies, but first and foremost congratulations to the Wests Tigers. You played tonight and proven that, with form up the sleeve, you're going to surprise a few this year.

As for us, we need to get back to the drawing board once again.

Latest posts